• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Manstein16

First Lieutenant
77 Badges
Jul 19, 2006
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Rise of Prussia
  • March of the Eagles
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • East India Company Collection
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
This is the diplomacy thread for the MP game "The Big Cheeses of France" that can be found in this forum. Any and all postings relating to intra-kingdom diplomacy, spheres of influence, war goals and debates regarding which duchy poses the greatest threat to world peace should go here.

France is our motherland... okay, your motherland (Celtic pride), but anyway, it shouldn't be dismantled, I suggest you all let me take the crown... :p

if only we could have a king who would not tax us so...

anyway, I'm hoping that no one will hate me to declare where my eye lies in the world?

OUR ASPRIATIONS
mp_full.3.jpg

Last edited:
Galicia is Celtic influenced? I'd thought they were closer to the Portuguese.

Personally I have to say, my greatest interest lies in the lands south of the Garrone, particularly Castille and Morrocco...

fasquardon

fasquardon said:
Galicia is Celtic influenced? I'd thought they were closer to the Portuguese.

Of course it is, Celtic and portuguese, more, even portuguese culture is/was influenced by celtic culture. Galicia/Galiza is "more celtic" mainly because of it's culture/environment, in terms of language they are exactly the same as the portuguese, more, our language is the same (or as some galicians say, portuguese is a galician dialect...).

Anyway, back on topic, I'm willing to take Flandres but it is in shambles now and only a permanent peace between the major powers (France/England/Germany) would allow any breathing space.
That or I will pick up a English or German duchy.
That is, if I'm allowed to by the powers that be...

After a brief stroll through Wiki for the first counts of Champagne, I declare my field of interest as follows:

Makes me curious about the fate of that Crusade I declared for Germany on Fatimia...

EDIT: Also maybe the Latin Empire or Navarre...

Last edited:
Well sorry that I haven't prepared a pretty map like you guys :D My interests lie in the expansion of my holdings in Aragon, and to the east into Burgundy and northern Italy possibly. I have no interest in expanding northwards at the expense of my fellow French dukes. (this is all providing that I manage to connect to the game :) )

And Ganso... why don't you give it a shot as Flanders again, and we'll see how it develops.

Yeah, seems like the way to go for me. :)

I fully support Lly's ambitions in the Holy Land. Not so much the other ones though...

And I don't think Gascony will be starting any wars any time soon...

fasquardon

fasquardon said:
I fully support Lly's ambitions in the Holy Land. Not so much the other ones though...

And I don't think Gascony will be starting any wars any time soon...

fasquardon

Well, I shouldn't have :) Anyone have any suggestions on how to speed up "give me money" events, besides just being really poor?

Also,
  • In my religious fervor, I DOWed the Crusade target. It's now pretty dang strong and any help down there would of course be appreciated by the pope as well as myself.
  • Also, apparently Palermo had better information on my troop strength than I had. The game listed me with 5.5k v their 3k - they DOW me ... and I can only raise 1.2k or so. I had wanted to put together a duchy down there, maybe for a cadet line from my Bretish kids I don't want - but I really just need a province and some friends down there as a stepping stone to Cyprus and the Holy Land. Carve it up with anyone interested - it's definitely better than losing the whole thing.
  • Also, what does give with the troop info being that crappy? I never would have DOWed Seville in the first place. (NB, yes, I disbanded all my standing armies and remobilized to get the full amount and my support's at 100%)

j.

Llywelyn said:
Well, I shouldn't have :) Anyone have any suggestions on how to speed up "give me money" events, besides just being really poor?

Also,
  • In my religious fervor, I DOWed the Crusade target. It's now pretty dang strong and any help down there would of course be appreciated by the pope as well as myself.
  • Also, apparently Palermo had better information on my troop strength than I had. The game listed me with 5.5k v their 3k - they DOW me ... and I can only raise 1.2k or so. I had wanted to put together a duchy down there, maybe for a cadet line from my Bretish kids I don't want - but I really just need a province and some friends down there as a stepping stone to Cyprus and the Holy Land. Carve it up with anyone interested - it's definitely better than losing the whole thing.
  • Also, what does give with the troop info being that crappy? I never would have DOWed Seville in the first place. (NB, yes, I disbanded all my standing armies and remobilized to get the full amount and my support's at 100%)
I consider myself your ally, L'anjou has NEARLY captured Cordoba, but outflanked by a support army (1k of well equipped muslims against my 3k of Francias). On other news I wish to drop my claims for the Celtic states and focus on liberating Muslim held territory.

Last edited:
Okawoa said:
On other news I wish to drop my claims for the Celtic states and focus on liberating Muslim held territory.

I hope the on DoW per ruler is in effect. And you're free to free muslim lands, if they are not historically part of Aragon :D

If I ever manage to play that is.

Llywelyn said:
Also, what does give with the troop info being that crappy? I never would have DOWed Seville in the first place. (NB, yes, I disbanded all my standing armies and remobilized to get the full amount and my support's at 100%

Ahh, I think it was the act of disbanding and re-mobilising that did you in there. Disbanding and immediately remobilising actually looses you troops most times (unless your mobilised armies have lost alot of men).

fasquardon

Okawoa said:
I consider myself your ally, L'anjou has NEARLY captured Cordoba, but outflanked by a support army (1k of well equipped muslims against my 3k of Francias). On other news I wish to drop my claims for the Celtic states and focus on liberating Muslim held territory.

So long as you aren't competing with my claims on historical Castille & Morrocco, I'm quite happy to support you in that.

fasquardon

Llywelyn said:
I had wanted to put together a duchy down there, maybe for a cadet line from my Bretish kids I don't want - but I really just need a province and some friends down there as a stepping stone to Cyprus and the Holy Land. Carve it up with anyone interested - it's definitely better than losing the whole thing.

As a fellow crusader, I'd be happy to help you get closer to liberating the birth-land of our lord! Not terribly interested in gaining territory around Jerusalem itself, but might be interested in some of Sicily.

As far as Seville goes, I don't think I'm quite strong enough to help with them yet.

fasquardon

fasquardon said:
As a fellow crusader, I'd be happy to help you get closer to liberating the birth-land of our lord! Not terribly interested in gaining territory around Jerusalem itself, but might be interested in some of Sicily.

I'm sure we can work something out :) Either take the rest but Palermo or give me the rest but Palermo and we should be good to go for a Crusade, either when it comes around (Mr. Papal Controller) or on our own plus a few of our fellow OGs.

As far as Seville goes, I don't think I'm quite strong enough to help with them yet.

I could care less about reconquistaing at the moment - it'd just be nice to know that we'd stop them if they send a strike force through your land into France (yes, if it gets that far and they're after me, i'll throw in some land or some more of Sicily... - assuming as we should that I'll still be in debt up to my eyeballs).

fasquardon said:
So long as you aren't competing with my claims on historical Castille & Morrocco, I'm quite happy to support you in that.

fasquardon

Well, I hoped to liberate historical Portugal... The king title I would bestow to one of my relatives. Apart from that, L'anjouese Mission is to catolicise the former Byzantine empire.

Okawoa said:
Well, I hoped to liberate historical Portugal... The king title I would bestow to one of my relatives. Apart from that, L'anjouese Mission is to catolicise the former Byzantine empire.

The whole Byzantine Empire and Portugal? Won't you spoil your supper if you eat all that?

For me Portugal is negotiable, my main goals are to establish a solid link to Africa and a good claim to the SPA tag if we ever get to EU2.

fasquardon

Okawoa said:

Um... that's a little... odd :)

Did the d'Anjous take over the 4th Crusade from Champagne when their liege died? I'm all for getting you set up in central Europe or even dividing up Byzantium between us [EDIT: all, not just me and Oka ;)], but ain't no way you'll get it all to yourself. :)

j.

The Crusade for Cordoba having ended in glorious victory, I have petitioned the pope to sanction a Crusade for that most holy of cities, Jerusalem, and, in his most august wisdom, the pope has accepted.

Lly, you can now go after the holyland any time you want :D

fasquardon