• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lurken

Leading the Mombotian Horde
58 Badges
Oct 6, 2003
Visit site
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Lead and Gold
  • Magicka
After mayorqw said that he really enjoyed my ancient and sadly abortive AAR with the same name. I've decided to try it again. I have not played EU3, at all. I am an old EU2 veteran. The game will be played with a vanilla EU3 - In Nomine. I will begin with redoing the old updates of the ancient AAR. I hope that you will enjoy the ride, and any suggestions will be gladly recieved.

Prelude I

secretalleythumb.jpg

A shadow within a shadow sneaked trough the near-empty streets of the City. The Eternal city. Roma.

The shadow knocked on a door in a darkened alley.

"Ophelia is busy" someone with a femine voice said behind the door.

"Fire is the question to the answer." The shadow uttered.

"Come in."

The shadow entered, and shedded his darkened outer clothes, and a man emerged, a man with a scruffy look, a man who wouldn't hesitate to sell his own mother to get a solidi. In the light from lamps indoor, a woman is seen. Black hair, and skin, like that of the people of Persia. Endowed with a generous nubile body. A lady of the night, yet, her eyes were not those of a lady of the night, but sooner an assassin, a lady of knives, a lady cunning of subterfuge, and alight with fire.

"It is chilly out there, maybe I could get some warmth here?" Asked the man.

"No. Not tonight. There are bigger things that must be handled than mere pleasure."

"Afterwards?"

"If you pay."

"Good good. Let us be done with this meeting so I can be on my way."

"Yes, and good riddance to him. No longer will he stand in our way. Soon we will take power, and they will tremble."

"Are you sure that the man from the countries east of your Persia is reliable?"

"Of course, his father served my father. He will not fail even if the betrayer hesitates."

The lady hands over a non-descript bag, with something inside, it jingles when it changes hands.

"Take this and wait in the alleys west of the Senate. Afterwards, make sure that he get his bonus. If he dares to return to collect the rest of his...'pay'..." A smile danced on the face of the lady, a smile devoid of all warmth, and full of malice and evil.

"Of course my Master. I am to serve you."

"Good Servius, now go. You can get your 'warmth' later. A change is in the air now. I can feel it. Grasp it. Go, now!"​

Last edited:
Subscribed. ;)

Prelude II

julius20caesar.jpg

Rome. The great empire. Empire of the world. Lead by a great man, the one who would give his name unto titles of leaders, such as Kaiser, Kejsare, Tsar, Qaysar, he was Caesar.

Forged the Empire of Rome from the body of the waning Republic, uniter, divider, warlord, builder, Caesar.

Conquerer of the Gauls, invader of the Britons, Pater Patriea, subjugator of Persia, ruler of the Mare Nostrum, Caesar.

All things must come to an end. Some more bloody then others. Caesars end was exceptionally bloody.

In the alleys west of the Senate waited a man, Servius, for the betrayer. It was rainy. It was dark. It was boring, yet Servius could not let his attention wander, or he would run risk of being killed, or suffer a fate even worse.

A man appeared and walked towards him in the shadows. Servius called out into the dark night;

"Damned the night, why must it be so dark?"

"Without the dark, there could be no light."

It was he, the betrayer, Filius. They walked closer. A bag was handed over. They parted on their ways. Filius would do his job, and Servius his.

Servius walked away, and waited for Filius to return for the betrayers reward. He had already his dagger ready, poisoned, Filius would get the betrayers final reward, death. He never sensed his own death. Servius would never feel any pain, as the assassin crushed the neck and skull of Servius.

The unseen assassin quickly hurried along through the shadows of Rome, in close pursuit of Filius. Never once stepping outside of a shadow, or making a sound.​

Last edited:
Prelude III

63438579.jpg

The night, this darkened night, with clouds hindering the weak star light from illuminating the streets of Rome.

This night, this night of quick and sudden death. How would it end, and who would be alive to see dawn?

The unseen assassin followed Filius trough the streets of Rome, with Filius unaware of what would transpire.

Filius approached a seldom used backdoor to the Senate, he hesitated. Is this right? Should I do this? Should I betray my father?

Then he felt the heavy weight on the belt, the bag of gold, his pay for this, and more afterwards would he get. His shoulders slump and he let out a barely audible sigh. My father have surely gone mad, he thinks, I...am only doing good for Rome. As he tries to quell his rampaging conscience.

He went to the door, knocked on it to call the attention of the guard. The job must be done, he thought while gripping the hild of his dagger, it must be done!

As the viewslit of the door slides away the guard cast out a challange to the person who dared to knock on this door. "Who walks there?"

"Hail Jupiter, and the Pater Patriea Ceasar! It is I, Brutus. Let me in, I command thee!"

"I beg for forgiveness, I failed to recognize you in this dark night."

The door opens and briefly iluminating the dark alley, no one noticing the shadow within a shadow waiting patiently.

When Brutus comes in trough the door, he stabs the knife into the troath of the guard. The guard tries to scream or lift his sword, but fails. As the blood vanish from his body, so does his life and he slumps to the ground.

"A needless life, yet a necessary sacrifice." Time to continue this gasthly job...he tought when he feels a jab of pain in his neck, like someone pinched him. He tries to touch his neck, but find to his horror that he can't move.

Up around him walks a small man in dark clothes.

Brutus asks with dread in his voice, "Who are you?"

But only get silence for answer.

Suddenly he feels the sensation of movement as he is picked up by this frail looking man and is taken deeper into the complex.​

Last edited:
Prelude IV

22001891.jpg

An Evocati of the praetorian guard, known as Trajan walked slowly trough the corridors of the mighty building that housed the Senate and the living quarters of the Pater Patriae when in Rome.

It seemed like forever with nothing at all happening for him. Boring, like always, he tought. Now...the night seemed quiet and calm, a quick chat with Decius couldn't hurt, could it? If nothing else, Decius could always need a check up during the nights. That door is after all rather important.

Trajan quickened his pace towards the backdoor that Decius guarded. When he got closer, he smelled the coppery smell of blood and earthy stench of latrine.

"Decius?"

Rounding the corner he sees the horror, the backdoor ajar and the bloodied Decius laying slumped against the wall.

"No!"

Trajan rushes towards Decius, he might still be amongst the living. As he reaches him, Decius is taken up in the arms of Trajan. Whom feels the cold unmoving body of Decius. Then the severity of the situation comes to him, a killer in the Senate. Home of the Pater Patriea!

As Trajan sounds the alarm, our unseen assassin is carefully moving towards his goal, burdened with the betrayer. The sudden sound of gongs and bells surprising him for a moment before moving on to goals unknown. Brutus, still concious hears the alarm, silently praying to Jupiter for salvation from this mad man...even as he knows that his prayers won't be answered by any of the gods.​

@Boris: Nice to hear that. Good that some like the style.

@FlemishDuck: Wink wink, nudge nudge, know what I mean? :p

Prelude V

vlc2011040422424735.png

"Caesar! Caesar! Are you well?" Shouted the guards as they banged at the barred doors to the quarters of Caesar. As they got no reply, the Centurion of the guards decided to knock the doors down, to damnation with any consequenses.

As the guards stormed in, they halted in their tracks at what they saw. Ceasar dead, with a gladius ran through him, and Brutus, with his troath in the hands of Caesar.

"Caesar is dead...it can't be....it can't be..."

The news spread quickly over Rome. The Pater Patriea was dead, by the hands of his own son, Brutus. Much confusion was created, mostly by the Senate, who tried to regain power from the Pater Patriea who curtailed the powers of the Senate. However also from military leaders, such as Augustinius and Pompey. Chaos and instability followed quickly.

But back in the house of Ophelia, it was a cheery mood that permeated the air, she had an old friend over to visit and someone to thank. It is the small man, in the light his features became much more clearer. He looked old, wizened, but with much attention and vigor in his black slanted eyes.

"Master, it was a splendid job you did. it is always an honour to recieve the aid of an master of the S'nanju"

The small man simply nods.

"Your aid is greatly appreciated and I am very grateful. Now to the payment."

The small man raises a hand and waves dismissively.

"No pay?"

Nod.

"But..."

Dismissively wave with the hand.

"Very well then...but remember, as your father served my father, me and my descendents will be ready to aid and help you."

Nod. Smile.

The small man walks to the door and nods, as to say a final goodbye.​

Last edited:
Prelude VI

Saintz05.jpg

Christianity. The refuge of the weak and hunted, slave and free man alike. With the Pope Zephyrinus at the helm, it was a weak church. Splintered and divided, criticized and hunted. The church was in need of aid, they would get aid, if from an unexpected direction.

In his own personal antechamber sat Pope Zephyrinus, waiting for an emissary claiming to represent believers of Christ from distant Persia. He wonders why an emissary from such distant lands travels to Rome. Persia have not been under Rome since Caesar Augistinius. The door opens, and in walks the emissary casting long shadows infront of him.

"Ahh, Farhad Otm, I presume. Emissary from the faithful of Persia. What have I done to recieve such a far travelled friend?"

"Yes I am the one you speak of, and you must be the Pope. I come to in peace, and with offerings. I brought to you from the home of my...congregation. This, this figurine depicting Jesus Christ. Carved from rare eastern ivory."

"Ah...what a lovely figurine. Thank you for you offering." Pope Zephyrinius steps down and beckons Farhad to a small cluster of chairs and a small table. "Please, do be seated, and quench your thirst if you have any.

Farhad Otm simply looks at the exquisite cups made in hammered silver. "Yes yes, now...I heared that you had trouble brewing in the church of Christ, no?"

"Sad but true, the church is racked with dissidents and now the rival claimant to the bishop title of Rome, Hippolytus of Rome, is only making it worse."

"Perhaps...I could help you remedy it. To show this Hippolytus of Rome that his way is not the way of God. Rather the way he is walking and leading others to follow is destined to lead to weakness and wickedness."

"How? You are a mear men, Hippolytus refuse to even listen to my men. "

"Oh, I am but a pious man, I can convince him with my piety. Surely, even a wise albeit temporarily fooled man will hear the voice of piety and reason."

"Farhad, if you can do that, you will have the blessing of the Church on you, and your decendents and the decendents of those decendents and so on until enternity."

"Then I most humbly ask to leave. It is better to be on my way. Wating will do no good, when we must save the Church of Christ."

Farhad rises and walks out of the door. Somehow, Zephyrinus felt quite uncomfortable in the presense of Farhad Otm, but why?

That following morning Hippolytus apperead at the doorsteps of Zephyrinus, covered in ash, dressed in sackcloth begging and crying for forgiveness. Zephyrinus was a bit shocked and surprised, but was pleased with how fast Farhad worked. Perhaps he had some gift after all.​

Prelude VII

mombot2.png

The Vatican. The seat of the Papacy, the heart of Christianity. Always undisputed. Center of the power in Europe, kings kneeling before the Pope, peasantry listening to the sermons of priests of the catholic church. The church is strong. If they only knew what festered within their walls, unbeknownst to them...

Prayer of Otm
"Pay homage to our Mother Oldooz, and our Defender Farhad and pray for our salvation. We will never forget our plight that our Mother saved us from, nor the revenge on the Dark One. Pray that our Defender will protect us in times of need, and save us from evil. We will never fail our Mother or our Defender, we will always do what is needed for our cause. Never falter, never hesitate, never fall down, such is the creed that we must follow, to pay homage to our Mother Oldooz and our Defender Farhad. So it was said, and so it will be said in times to come."​

Prelude VIII

Annulus_piscatorius.png

The Papal Seal, the true symbol of religious and worldly might, with only the seal of the Holy Roman Emperor of comperable strenght. Even then, the Emperor lacked the support of being the representative of God on Earth. Yet, there was as much scheming in the corridors of the Catholic Church, as in any other realm.

In the workroom of the Pope Gregory VII sat the Pope and his own personal advisor.

"Gregory, about the Emperor...your predecessors was deposed by the Emperors father. Now, his son is moving against you. You must act or let someone act in the behalf of the good for the Holy Church. We must not be trampled down by dukes, kings, not even the Holy Roman Emperor himself."

"But Leiss, he is more powerful then the Church...what can I do? My predecessors all tried to stand up against the Holy Roman Empire."

"The Church is powerful in other ways then in worldly matters. The peasentry and commoners listen to the Church, through which lies power...A king without peasents to get taxes or militia from is not a king for long...and the dukes, especially the saxons is itching for a opportinity to rise up against the Emperor. They would strike as mighty lions at the scent of blood."

"Yes...that would be an option...but why not more direct?" Said the Pope with a glimmer of malice in his eyes.

"What has my dear Pope tought of?"

"Excommunication."

"Maybe be a bit too direct, Father. However it would suit excellently...wait for time to pass. Let him lose support from the commoners and nobles first. Then...he will suffer, and feel the plight of being alone, with everyone against him." Leiss added very quietly "The nobles now, shall suffer like the Dark One did."

"Leiss, did you say something?"

"No, my dear Gregory. Shall I write the messages and have them brought to you for stamping with the seal?"

"Yes do so now, how would I ever get by without the services of you or your family, Leiss? Truly your family is blessed by God, and the Holy Church is blessed by having you at its service."

Leiss answered with a smile that could be viewed as warm, but was only filled with with a void of emotion, only containing cold calculations and scheming.

"You wouldn't."​

Prelude IX

mombot3.jpg

Two men, each dressed in clothes similar to, but not identical of the one weared by holy men of the Holy Church, walks down the sunlit corridors of the Vatican, inside Rome...

"Navid, please see reason, this fueding can lead to no good. With the church divided, we become weak. Look how the Church suffered during the chaotic years of anti-popes in years past. A strong church is essential for our cause, don't you see it?"

"Taher...you will always be an idealist. They..." Navid waves his hand as to encompass all of the Vatican. "Have become corrupt under sway of money and worldly matters, this schism will only bring good to our cause, since they will then be forced to reform. Reform in a direction that will in the end give us further control and influence of the leaders of the Church. This schism will result in even greater power."

"No...with three popes there can be no stablility that we work within. We need stability to work with leaders whom we know will continue to lead even after we are done with them. Also if people are nervous they are more observant and they might see the patterns that we have hidden so long behind. Have that possibility even crossed your mind?"

They quiet down as a small group of nuns passes by them and further into the complex of the St. Peters Basilica.

"You are naivë and scared, my Brother, it will be no such thing. People will only see us as a family, comparable to de Medici family. Albeit a very succesfull and influential family but nothing more."

"What about the Defender! His actions against Hippolytus? Should our work against antipopes be forlorn and thrown to the garbage of history? We have always striven towards unity and strenght of the Church as to give us a stronger tool to use!"

"No...but the church must be reformed at this I am adamant...look to the future Navid. It will be bright and glorious."

"Taher...I am filled with sadness when I hear this. That you cannot be persuaded renege on your stance...but so be it..."

Navid walks away from Taher with slumped shoulders, sadness in his eyes, leaving Taher by himself.

During the following night Taher and much of his family died, as the entire neighbourhood was burnt to the ground, such a loss of a bright mind...​

@Qorten: To be described as "unusual writing style" is great praise to me. As I have and will try to take a very different route from more "ordinary" AARs. While they can and are most often enjoyable. My aim is to give a more cloak and dagger feeling to it all. With the world and the readers unaware of what the ultimate goal of the B'mo'otm really is. For I can now say, that if everything goes as planned, there will be some major shifts in the protagonist role.

Regular broadcasting will resume earlier tonight.

Prelude X

iconofchrist.jpg

Navid was finally satisfied...with the tragic loss of Taher, the Avignon Papacy lost its support and the Holy Church once more was united under the pope Martin V.

In a secluded courtyard in the Vatican, stood Navid before the loyalists. The star above, together with the moon and lanters provide light, casting an eerie shine over the loyalists.

"Now...the stars stands as fortold...now...we can act. No longer shall we stand in the dark. Now we will rise up and reclaim for B'mo'otm what we deserve. The road is still long, we shan't see the glorious future, but our children and the children of our children shall see it!"

Navid raises his arms towards to sky and speak with clear and strong voice to the congregation.

"Never falter, never hesitate, never fall down! Give us shelter Mother! Give us strenght Defender! Be with us! Now and forever!"

Halfway trough, the crowd joins in with Navid, giving birth to a powerful chant. Cresending with "Forever!"

Tremble world, tremble ye unfaithful, tremble ye nobles...tremble...for ye changer, divider, warlord have arrived. What the future holds in its womb is still unborn and unseen. Only the silent stars above know.​

Intermission I

As you should have realized, the nation I will start out in is the Papal state. Shortly after the demise of the Avignon line of popes, and the start of the reign of Martin V. I will change the stats for the Papacy by giving it more centralization and less aristocracy. I hope that you all are enjoying this.

Puzzling start...

Intermission II

Yea...hi. Havn't given up. Did try to get it started tonight, but seemingly the game refuses to accept my basic editing of the save file, in order to get more CENT and less ARIS. I need help guys. How do I make my EU3 accept my edited save and actually play them. Heck, I took out parts of the Papal stats just recently and loaded it up, and the game still refused to accept those changes.