• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Fredrik82

Field Marshal
26 Badges
Aug 17, 2003
Visit site
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Diplomacy
Battlefront IV - Lords of War

Gametime: Mondays, 19.00 CET - 23.00 CET
Next session: 6th February
GM Fredrik (83278192)
CO-GM/Editor HG
Host: Juv, Fredrik or Lurken.
Scenario: Ryos AoD mod with Kasperus map.

Added to the scenario file
* Perm CB on all human played nations for everyone
* Extra cores to Brandenburg, and Venice if played.

-----------------------
Rules:
- Obey the GM
- max two humans in the same alliance
- Vassals must be annexed within fifty years or they become "nominally independent," at less than 7 centra
- If you chose to become a Counter-reform country, you cannot switch back to Catholicism until the Edict of Tolerance.
- If a human is forced-vassalized he must remain this way for at least 20 years. Unless his liege frees him peacefully after those 20 years he must fight for independence (if he wants it). Vassals cannot declare war on the Overlord's allies or vassals without his permission.
- Map sharing with the AI forbidden.
- If at -3 stab and -99WS, you have to accept next stabhitting offer, if two terms are met, 1.) The war has been ongoing for atleast 3 years, 2.) The stab hitted nation got 5WE

More rules will be added later, and per discussed added rules.

Guidelines
NOTE: This is no rules. But this is about how i expect the players to behave in the game. 95% of this is natural stuff to the most of us in the EU2 community, but i like to be clear!
I prefer games with little amount of rules, i dont like the thought of being controled by the rules, and thus be forced to play a certain way because of them. I consider it impossible to create perfect rules, as no MP situation is alike. Therefore i rather encourage players to play in a way that create a more funny game for all of us. Respect is the key here!

- Play long term
- No eternal wars
- Editing will be kept to a minimum
- Gamey behavior will not be tolerated, Use common sense...
- Don't threaten to quit in any way, it only cause a dismal atmosphere
- GMs decisions that has been taken in game will only be discussed after the session.
- If you crash ingame, turn on ICQ/MSN and message the host/GM asap. First then a rehost will be discussed ingame. Normaly we rehost after two years, if the crashed player is in war with another human, we will rehost directly.
- Always notify the GM/CO-GM in advance if you are unable to play a session. Preferably days in advanced.
- Find your own sub, or risk being AI or get a less skilled sub. (use the sublist in this thread first and ask them.)
- Be online on ICQ/MSN for importent information before the session start. This also makes it easier for the GM to get an overview of the roster before the game starts.
- Try to enter the Vnet atleast 5 minutes before session starts. To download save. This will save alot of time and means more play time. Which is what this game is for. To play and have fun.

-----------------------

Punishment
This will apply if a player is, without notification, unreasonably late to a session. Breaking one of the few rules we got in the game will also be punished, you might even risk being banned from the game if it is serius enough. The GM will decied upon what punishment to use.

-----------------------

Random leaders
Max 4 leaders per session, minimum 3. You choose either L1 or L2 or after 1550 L3 or L4
Random generals/admirals capped at 4/4/4/2.

L1: 2 Admirals and 2 General
L2: 3 Generals and 1 Admiral

After 1550 you can choose
L3: 2 Admirals and 2 General with 50% chance for getting a explorer/conquistadore.
L4: 3 General and 1 Admiral with 50% chance for getting a explorer/conquistadore.

Before 1600
Min: 2-2-2-1
Max: 4-4-4-2
Average M/F/S: 3.1/2.9/2.9
Average Siege: 1
Average life period: 17

After 1600:
Average M/F/S: 4/3.5/3.5
Average life period: 20

After 1700:
Average M/F/S: 4/3.8/3.8
Average life period: 25
-----------------------

AoD MOD Information
AoD v1.4 Released:
www.******.us/aod.html

Features:
New Tax, Manpower, and Goods mods (options)
Spain/Otto boost option
Force Land Slider to 5 Option
New Graphic for Country Selection Screen
Some changes to text.csv (look at Country Selection Carefully)

Game options ON/OFF
Colonial culture - ON
Equal DP sliders - OFF
North Amercian minors - ON
Saharan minors - ON
Expanded random events - OFF
COT Shuffling - OFF
Minimal Event Set for minimal determinism - OFF
Tax Distribution Option - ON
Manpower Distribution Option - ON
Goods Distribution Option - ON
Spain/Otto Boost Option - ON
Forced Slider Option - ON

-----------------------
10-12 players tops, in order to create a stable game.
We still need 1 more player. I dont consider this a problem though, as i got several players that i know is interested in joining the game. :)
First when we got a full roster, the creation of this game will start.

Player roster
Fredrik
HG
Cheech
Lurken
Juv
The Archduke
Waldzwerg
Mulliman
Temujin
Ozzeh
Valas

Brandenburg: PJL
Sweden: Temujin
The Ottoman Empire: Waldzwerg
England: Earendil
Russia: Cheech
Austria: Mulliman
France: Absolut
Venice: Aladar
Spain: Fred
Poland: Lurken
Holland: Seen

-----------------------

Sublist
Forzaa ICQ: 112-746-755
KingJohn ICQ: 225-570-338
Artemis (cant spell that new stupid nick :p ) ICQ: 68-593-743
Bãbur ICQ: 324-971-044
FAL ICQ: 202-402-373

Discuss!

Last edited:
Ongoing votes, Discussion and results.

This post will be updated constantly about relivant issues, ongoing discussions and ongoing votes. I will also post results from all the votes that has been made. This will hopefully give an easy overview for those that cant/dont have time etc, to follow the thread closely every day.
It's recomended however to atleast look through relivant posts every now and then in case the GM forget to add them here.

Day/time voting (Vote's finished)
It's time to vote folks, and wake this game alive for real :)

1.) Monday
2.) Tuesday
3.) Wednesday
4.) BF4 Rocks so would play seven days a week if possible. (This option impress the GM, and i make nice cookies ;) )
In other words, either day is ok with you.

As for playing time, i'm thinking something around 18.00 CET to 23.00 CET.
Probably 19.00 CET to 23.00 CET as that time fit the most good.

A.) 18.00 CET to 22.00 CET
B.) 19.00 CET to 23.00 CET
C.) Either is ok.

Result
We only need a final saying from Juv and Mondays it'll be.
Mondays 19.00 - 23.00 CET.

Fredrik: 4A
Cheecho: 2B
HG: 1C, 2C
Norre: 4B
Juv: 1?
FAL: 2B
Waldzwerg:
Lurken: 1A
Tem: 1?

Game options ON/OFF
Colonial culture - ON
Equal DP sliders - OFF
Saharan minors - ON
COT Shuffling - OFF
Tax Distribution Option - ON
Manpower Distribution Option - ON
Goods Distribution Option - ON
Spain/Otto Boost Option - ON
Forced Slider Option - ON

Ongoing discussion
Red = Will not be added to the game.
Yellow = needs to be discussed over.
Green = Agreed to be used in the game by the majority of the players.

* Perm CB on all human played nations for everyone. (this worked out very well in BF3, it totally rocks. And it means alot more conflicts and it actually also minimize the amount of alliances.)

* If at -3 stab and -99WS, you have to accept next stabhitting offer, if two terms are met, 1.) The war has been ongoing for atleast 3 years, 2.) The stab hitted nation got 5WE.

* If you chose to become a Counter-reform country, you cannot switch back to Catholicism until the Edict of Tolerance.

* If a human is forced-vassalized he must remain this way for at least 20 years. Unless his liege frees him peacefully after those 20 years he must fight for independence (if he wants it). Vassals cannot declare war on the Overlord's allies or vassals without his permission.

* Vassals must be annexed within fifty years or they become "nominally independent," at less than 7 centra.

* Map sharing with the AI forbidden.

* Extra cores to Brandenburg, and Venice if played.

* Rewards for writing AARs, and thus use an AAR system

* What edits will be allowed etc. Signed deals in the AAR thread? Province swaps, cash? etc etc

Last edited:
Could very well hop in, depending on how the time in CET lies...darn school and parents...

Fredrik82 said:
Guidelines
- If vassalized, the vassalized nation may not break it for 20 years. A Vassal will obey hes master.

You better define this rule better; be more specific in what ways a vassal must obey his master. I was personally chocked last game when I was ordered by my master to attack a friendly neighbour.

Fred,

I'm in and I'd prefer the old time slot, at this point. Tuesdays would probably work too, but Wednesdays are out for me as I have BoP in the evenings and busy mornings.

Oh, and we'd better do a lot of work on Ryo's scenario, as you know, or it'll be a bust.

Bâbur said:
You better define this rule better; be more specific in what ways a vassal must obey his master. I was personally chocked last game when I was ordered by my master to attack a friendly neighbour.
Yep, i will remove the "A Vassal will obey hes master".

*kicks modem and ISP*

For now, I'll have to be content with following this thread with interest, maybe sub if the connection is stable for a day.

Im interested but can only play mon or wed.. I advise a rule that you cant have MA through other peoples vassals. I really hate that :)

I think i will limit the amount of players to 10-11.
That is players for Denmark, Poland, Sweden, Brandenburg, Austria, France, England, Spain, Portugal, OE and Russia.

It's importent to get a stable game, although with all the extra provinces this maps provides you it's alot harder to drop nations like Poland. Denmark and Portugal can however be dropped if necessary.

We got atleast 8 interested players so far, and i expect a few others from BF3 to join us aswell.

I'm very eager to try out Kasperus map. Tuesdays are the best for me.

How will nations be distributed? I guess it's of minor importance considering the novelty of map and scenario...

Fredrik82 said:
Random leaders
We will have to decied what system to use.

May I suggest my settings for random leaders in Du 1.5? They seem to work quite well.

Leaders are capped there at a maximum of 5/5/5/2. With a 5/5/5/2 leader only appearing at 2% odds.

Average Movement/Fire/Shock would be: 3.1/2.8/2.8
Max 2 generals, max 2 admirals.

-----------------------
Game settings
Colonial culture - ON/OFF
Equal DP sliders - ON/OFF
North Amercian minors - ON/OFF
Saharan minors - ON/OFF
Expanded random events - ON/OFF
COT Shuffling - ON/OFF
Minimal Event Set for minimal determinism - ON/OFF
Averaged-Regional Tax Mod (boost) - ON/OFF
Averaged-Regional Manpower Mod (boost) - ON/OFF

I suggest:

Colonial culture - OFF
Equal DP sliders - OFF
Saharan minors - ON
COT Shuffling - OFF
Averaged-Regional Tax Mod (boost) - OFF
Averaged-Regional Manpower Mod (boost) - OFF

Very conservative options, but I find it enough experimental to run with a new map to start with. I do like the idea of COT shuffling and minimal events though.

FAL said:
May I suggest my settings for random leaders in Du 1.5? They seem to work quite well.

Leaders are capped there at a maximum of 5/5/5/2. With a 5/5/5/2 leader only appearing at 2% odds.

Average Movement/Fire/Shock would be: 3.1/2.8/2.8
Max 2 generals, max 2 admirals..
2% for the best leader to appear seems a bit low though :D

And you're using the state page to generate this right?

FAL said:
Very conservative options, but I find it enough experimental to run with a new map to start with. I do like the idea of COT shuffling and minimal events though.
Indeed, my thought also.
Those options is something i had in mind aswell, i want to add minimal events also.
I think the main task here is to complete a long termed MP game with this new map, it'll be interesting to see how things will turn out. :)

Fred,

Keep in mind that the tax/manpower values have to be completely rewritten in Europe.

Check out the EGA V thread and Ryo's forum for information on how we, at least, have chosen to go about it.