• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Alfred Packer said:
:eek: Holy Cow! I just realized fully 25% of the Knud-style AARs were written by me!

I mean, I knew I was a hack, but seriously?

Well, if you are going to steal then it's then better to steal as much as you can. :p

So ends the grande (and grotesque) saga of Knud and his progeny. Now the only place I have left to see such comically inept leadership is on the news...

Wow... after the Knytlings finally fulfill God's Will, Prybyzlaw's ghost (I can't spell his name) comes and offs the last King.

Brilliant. Just brilliant. I'm so sad though that its drawing to an end! No more Knud?! What will I do?

*Spooky voice*
Go read my AAR......
*Spooky voice*

Unfortunately I only fairly recently discovered Knud and have been reading the entire thing.
I'm in a perpetual state of laughter at the moment.
:D

I feel that I am somewhat past fashionably late to the party, but I would like to congratulate you phargle on a fine wrap up to a great AAR. (And who knows where the Knytlings will end up next! ;) )

I can't believe I missed the end of this epic! Well done, phargle.

AARLand will have to go without one of its best stories now, but its memory will live on. No self-respecting CKer will ever be able to play a game without paying attention to what those Knýtlings are doing.

Mein Gott, I have missed the ending!

Why did I get busy at this time of the year. :(

Ahh well, atleast I still have some catching up to do while the rest of you have NOTHING to look forward anymore!

Ok, I read it all now. Was laughing long after stopping the reading. Brilliant. Finn's shenanigans almost killed me.

I also feel sad for it's all over now.

And the bastard Murmurandus commented 12 comments more than me on this AAR. :mad:

11 after this.

What? No!

Er.

Now do a reprise. 'Cause everyone loves a good reprise.

Thus the end has arrived,
like a wench in Valdermar's chamber,
the end of incest and disrespect for the church,
which all Knytling showed no matter what gender,
but as the end arrives I stand here feeling empty,
because this AAR made me laugh aplenty.

Bravo phargle, you have truly made an outstanding AAR! :)

Hello! I've scarcely been around due to other things (swordplay, car problems, and work, if you must know), so I want to offer up this AAR one last time for your consideration in the ACA. After this round, you won't have the Knýtlings to kick around anymore.

The reign of King Sambor is pretty much a comedy with elements of gameplay. Queen Judith represents a high point in the saga, with elements of comedy and narration, plus lots of lovely pictures. King George is straight-up comedy due to all the parodies, but I am very proud of the narration and the graphics in that chapter. And King Stephen is a comedy with gameplay once more - a back-to-basics chapter.

For your consideration, these are the updates in Q3:

King Sambor

The destiny of the Scions is achieved, but Sambor leaves his realm in mild disarray

(format: lyrics)

A Seussian introduction to King Sambor, who liberates Skåne and stays faithful to his wife
King Sambor raps about riding on his enemies and goes to war with Italy
King Sambor keeps fighting Italy, this time to horrible, horrible, ballads
In limerick style, Sambor is still fighting Italy, but it looks like it's almost over
A botched peace deal screws Sambor out of any gains in Italy at all, as told by a sonnet
Sambor-I-Am gets even more Seussian with a war for England's most precious assets
King Sambor rips off horrible online poetry to get all emo about his war with England
Hickory dickory ding, Sambor Knýtling is the king. . . and he rules all of Spain, despite rebellion
A very counterparts Sambor presides over rebellion near the end of his reign and then dies

Queen Judith

Judith and her perverse chancellor Blazej embark on wars of conquest that reunite almost all of the old Knýtling empire

(format: narrative, traditional Knýtling, lots of pictures of Scarlett Johansson)

Judith becomes queen and it depresses her
To get back to basics, Judith reunites Spain, sends her problems to church, and invades Sweden
Judith defeats Sweden and half of France pledges fealty to her. . . so she invades England
Most ofthe war with England happens in France, but Judith sends armies into England anyway
Queen Judith arrives in London and talks about bondage
Judith starts keeping a journal, writes about unicorns, and gets a lesbian crush
Judith writes a story about a princess writing a story that turns out to be a ripoff of Tombstone
Judith's story reaches a climax of sorts that mirrors Spain's war with Burgundy
Judith's Tombstone story reaches its conclusion and Burgundy is defeated as well, despite the lack of unicorns
The largest landowner in Germany joins Judith's empire, giving her control over Denmark
Judith becomes Queen of Denmark at last, and returns to writing about how much she hates Blazej
Almost all of France swears fealty to Judith, resulting in another war with Italy
Judith says something impolite about sodomy twins and half of Europe flocks to her door
Aragon's armies conquer much of Egypt and Africa, but Blazej gets the credit
Judith turns forty and basically freaks out, but then Blazej dies and the lesbian becoems chancellor
Judith becomes papal controller at long last, but the pope is limp
A series of short battles leaves Judith master of England
Learning from some Valdemar history books, Judith manages to bring the king of Germany to his knees. . but then civil war erupts
Bohdan loses the civil war with Judith
Judith starts her journal again and tries to conquer what's left of Sweden
Byzantium joins in the war on Sweden's side and loses, and a band sings Killer Queen to Judith just before her death

King George

After Judith's death, the empire erupts into civil war, which King George barely contains

(format: parodies of other AARs)

Snugglie gets booshed as George's empire explodes into revolt
Alfred Packer gets booshed as the civil war spreads
robou is booshed as the armies of George Knýtling retreat from Zulus on hang-gliders
El Pip is booshed and the first zombie makes its appearance
English Patriot is booshed as Saelradus teabags the shit out of a Pommeranian in service to the Triumphatron
Bingo Brett is booshed as King George brings the Italian rebellion to a bloody, victorious conclusion
Acting Guy is booshed in this little story of a girl pushing people off a balcony into a pile of sharks
canonized is booshed in the mother of all booshes as the Knýtlings three find the codpiece at the statue of Valdemar, plus a shower scene of Judith
MechTheDane is booshed hard as King George's wife goes comically insane
phargle booshes himself as King George dies, leaving a rumbling empire behind him

King Stephen

Stephen dies early but becomes a zombie and goes on a Valdemar-inspired crusade to Jerusalem

(format: traditional Knýtling)

It's like Stephen is one of those villains in Animal Farm
An ominous tingling comes from the throne of Valdemar and forces Stephen to do its bidding, but he dies
Zombie Stephen invades Russia and has sex with lots of women until a crusade happens
Zombie Stephen goes on the Last Crusade to Jerusalem, but winds up in Prussia instead
Jerusalem is saved and Zombie Stephen's spymaster declares herself the Messiah
Przybyslaw ultimately wins as one of his descendents disguises himself as Knud Knýtling and kills Zombie Stephen

Last edited:
Perfect.

I just got CKDV and have started reading this AAR.

It is brilliant. I have nearly spit tea over my keyboard a number of times.

and the Black-Adder esque song at the end of the first saga was just perfect.

Bravo.

You are for sure under consideration when it comes to the ACA... If only to defy that megalomanic canonized... ;) :D