• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Murmurandus said:
You are for sure under consideration when it comes to the ACA... If only to defy that megalomanic canonized... ;) :D

Aye, aye - the enemy must be thwarted.

At the same time, seeing the entirety of each chapter grouped in my previous post, summarized and organized - it really brought home for me the scope of this project. I am comfortable and proud of this work and would put it up against anything produced anywhere in this forum.

There have been some good & hilarious times:

george-1.jpg

Maybe, indeed.

Anyway, I had fun going back and reading the recent updates, and it's not just because of Scarlett lounging all over the place. I hope some of you enjoy it too as you decide how to vote in the ACA.

And if my narrative isn't your cup of tea, then you should vote for Furor Normannicus. It's the best new AAR, and one of the best narratives to grace the forums. I like it because it's not a typical AAR. I don't read it and spend my time wondering which AAR I'm reading - it's unique, maintains strict fidelity to gameplay, yet conjures up some remarkable scenes. I totally want y'alls vote for Favorite (and Narrative, if I could boosh that), but Furor Normannicus deserves your consideration - and your vote, if Knud isn't your choice. :)

phargle said:
And if my narrative isn't your cup of tea, then you should vote for Furor Normannicus. It's the best new AAR, and one of the best narratives to grace the forums. I like it because it's not a typical AAR. I don't read it and spend my time wondering which AAR I'm reading - it's unique, maintains strict fidelity to gameplay, yet conjures up some remarkable scenes. I totally want y'alls vote for Favorite (and Narrative, if I could boosh that), but Furor Normannicus deserves your consideration - and your vote, if Knud isn't your choice. :)

Stop humbling me phargle, for heaven's sake. :eek:o

Who knows, if you go on with your shameless praise, I might even end up feeling compelled to cast a vote or two for the Knýtlings. :D

The_Guiscard said:
Stop humbling me phargle, for heaven's sake. :eek:o

A deal, then: you stop writing good stuff, and I'll stop saying it's good. It's a concession, I know, but you drive a hard bargain and I have to at least meet you halfway.

- - -

Putting together that list of updates that are eligible in this ACA cycle made me laugh all over again. I feel a bit like a tool laughing at my own work, but I comfort myself with the knowledge that comedians go with whatever makes them laugh - and I've seen some SNL sketches or Whose Line Is It moments disintegrate due to the principles being unable to keep straight faces. The laugh-out-loud update that has me going now is the Silvanus ripoff, which I can't read without grinning:

The picture in the link is really what does it for me. . . said:
Saelradus had no idea who spoke, or whether their instruction was urgent, staid, inquisitive, or demanding, so he assumed he had to stand there and fight, so that’s what he did. It wasn’t the most appropriate way to win a battle, so he gritted his teeth and ground his teeth until the sounding of a nearby horn, and then the Pommeranians changed again. There was a mighty crash of clashing smashes, and Saelradus draw his gladius, roared a battle-cry like “We’re totally losing” or “There’s nothing we can do” or “This is suicide!” and flung himself into the fray, crowd-surfing his way to destiny.
I hope y'all liked it as much as I do.

It also makes me regret that the parodies began and ended before Furor really got going. C'est la AARland.

Last edited:
phargle said:
It also makes me regret that the parodies began and ended before Furor really got going.

Perfect reason for you to start another AAR, I'd say! :p

"First, I'll visit this countess and luca her beloozero until she vassalizes."

*that* caused me to laugh out loud and make surrounding cubicle-ites wonder what was going on.... :D

I can't believe I'm on page 32 and there are still 90 pages to go....

Sgian Dubh, I am glad you're enjoying it!

- - - -

There's a limit to how many threads I can preaching in, but voting appears to be down in the ACA, so I wanna preach a bit more. The ACA works because we're all involved in it, so that makes it very important - if you like the AARland community and believe the ACA is a good thing - to go vote!

Here's the link:

The ACA!

Go vote! Thank you!

As payment, here are two pictures of me hunting zombies:

2956581884_c508c81a67.jpg

IMG_3506.JPG

Last edited:
ssj18vegeta said:
And thus the legend ends. And what a story 'twas!

Do you have any other stories I should read phargle? :p

No stories you should read, and nothing else I've written is in this style. You might like phargle is a totally awesome pope, and probably will not like Solomon of Itil.

I also briefly wrote this history-book type one, but it's also very different from Knud. It's light though, so it's easy reading.

- - - - - - - - - -

Go vote in the ACA! There were like a hundred votes last time, and only fifty or so this time. And there are only a few days left. I would appreciate everybody doing a bit of advertising for the ACA in their AARs, if you think you can drag your audience kicking and screaming to vote!

phargle said:
No stories you should read, and nothing else I've written is in this style. You might like phargle is a totally awesome pope, and probably will not like Solomon of Itil.

I also briefly wrote this history-book type one, but it's also very different from Knud. It's light though, so it's easy reading.

- - - - - - - - - -

Go vote in the ACA! There were like a hundred votes last time, and only fifty or so this time. And there are only a few days left. I would appreciate everybody doing a bit of advertising for the ACA in their AARs, if you think you can drag your audience kicking and screaming to vote!

I will also recommend phargle's The Sheikdom of Praha?! AAR, which is almost as massive project as the Knýtling Saga.

Hello again!

The AARland Choice Awards close sometime late tomorrow, so you're coming up on your last chance to vote! Please, go vote - community participation makes the award work, and we're at only 65% of participation from last time. Even if you just have one AAR that you love, vote anyway. That writer will love you for it.

And speaking of last chances - I'm going to put in a plug here, because this is the last cycle you'll ever be able to vote for Knud Knýtling. After this, it's all over but the crying (and by that, I mean me crying), and the AAR will vanish into the history books (and by that, I mean really bad history books) . What is Knud eligible for this time? That's hard to nail down, since we kind of ran the gamut of genres over the past several months due to the parodies. I'd love your consideration for Comedy and Gameplay, and Favorite if for some bizarre reason you're not voting for a good AAR. :)

The Knuds are competitive in all of those categories, so whether you love 'em or hate 'em, your vote will count for a lot in deciding the winners.

If you vote for Knud in Narrative or History-Book, that would be awesome, but at that point you might deserve an award for comedy . . .

So go vote. I will play a drinking game in which I take a shot for everybody who votes.

Hi, I've finally read your entire Aar and wanted to drop by to tell you it was an awesome read. I especially liked the musical adventures and the Aragonese queen..

ah and because you asked so nicely I think I might vote for the Comedy ACA later tonight, which would be well earned I'd say :)

Thank you, Aquilegia. And thank you to everyone who voted for Knud Knýtling in this round of the AARland Choice AwAARds. This was the last ACA the Knuds were able to complete it, and I'm glad to have ended the AAR with a win in Favorite Comedy AAR, CK for Q3. It means a lot to me that I've been able to entertain so many people for so long. If I've overstayed my long goodbye - a product of finishing the AAR pretty early in this quarter, I'm afraid - then I apologize, and ask you to forgive one more bow before the curtain falls. Thank you for the last couple of years. Thank you for reading, for commenting, for praising and for critiquing. Thank for you driving me to excel. Thank you for the very humbling homage AARs written in this style. Thank you all. I'm very grateful, and am sorry that I've got nothing left to give you in return for all that you've given me.

Congratulations as well to all the writers of many fine AARs in the Crusader Kings sub-forum. We keep up in each ACA with the big boys, and we do it because we're the best. Ours is the best section in the forum, full of the best AARs. You're all awesome.

And I'm done. I'll see you all in another thread. For this one, it's time for me to finally let the stiff, green corpse go. Bye!

Em, sorry to drag the "stiff green corpse" from the grave again, phargelito, but I seem to remeber talk of you maybe releasing the entire Knýtling saga as a PDF. Any news of this project? :rolleyes:

Oooo-er! I was just reading through the Judith and parody posts in this story yesterday and was missing it dearly. Your comment brings extra joy into my day. :)

(I know you're actually trying to distract me from the fact that Furor Normannicus hasn't been updated today. . .:))

What would be an optimal PDF layout? A straight cut-and-paste results in one chapter per PDF file, roughly one picture/caption per page, and about 400 KB files. It can be read as a two-page view that way pretty quickly. If I put each entire chapter in one PDF file, they might be 4-5 MB in size each, although I might try shrinking the images and text.

Here's a sample:

http://www.la-tierra.net/paris/1-Knud Knýtling.pdf

Last edited:
Oops, completely forgot my request here and promptly missed your reply! :eek:o

The PDF looks good to me as it is, though frankly I'd prefer not to have hundreds of post-per-post PDFs but rather whole chapters or even the whole epic in a single PDF; I don't care about file size. But at the end of the day I'd say do it any way that isn't too much work for you. The main thingie is that the Knýtlings get compiled at all!

Indeed. This story should be available as a PDF for all new incestuous AAR readers. I mean interested AAR readers.

Hello!

They've gone and dragged this old green carcass up on the stage to be voted on in the Crusader's Chalice thingamajig. It's up against some very fantastic AARs. We're racing the EU3 voters to see who can get the best turnout, and I think the answer is clear: we, the Crusader Kings community, can get the best turnout! But we cannot do it without your help. So, I ask, if you loved this AAR, go vote in the Chalice! If you loved another AAR, go vote in the chalice anyway, and vote for that one instead! And if you never loved an AAR, you'll die cold and alone in a shallow gutter, you heartless bastard, you.

And if you're a heartless bastard who will die cold and alone in a shallow gutter, then cheer yourself up with some light reading. I recommend one of the parodies. They won't make you not heartless . . heartful? . . . but you'll like the way you laugh. I guarantee it.