• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I just noted this and wanted to say: Thank you :)
1621433858842.png

This one in particular and off the top of my hat: The borked RSS-Feed for the Featured Content aka the landing page of the forum.
To quote myself on this. Though it isn't the landing page anymore.

Are we going to be able to unwatch dev diaries from the diary itself? The option is seemingly gone, and I have to go to my watched threads to remove them.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Are we going to be able to unwatch dev diaries from the diary itself?

What ?

IF you refer to the 'watch thread' option, that got renamed to "Follow", respectively "Unfollow", for whatever reason.

What ?

IF you refer to the 'watch thread' option, that got renamed to "Follow", respectively "Unfollow", for whatever reason.
Yeah I know, but there isn't an unfollow option on dev diaries, or at least it's totally hidden away.

Yeah I know, but there isn't an unfollow option on dev diaries, or at least it's totally hidden away.

Hmm..looking at this for example

there isn't even a manual option for me to watch/follow the dev diary in the first place (without posting in it, i guess).
Seems a UI bug indeed as far as i can see.

It's probably probably still possible tun unwatch/-follow via Watched Threads.

Please don't count posts from people on your ignore list as counting towards new posts!
I disagree with this, that wouldn't be helpful to forum discussion, as some people might think a question has not been answered when it has or miss out on important information.

Reactions:
I disagree with this, that wouldn't be helpful to forum discussion, as some people might think a question has not been answered when it has or miss out on important information.
Like, if I have someone on my ignore list, I don't want to see posts from them so why would I want to engage with their posts if they respond in a thread that I'm following? If a thread as five new posts and I click on it, their posts are automatically hidden but if their post is the only new post in a thread, its really annoying to click on a thread only to find that someone(s) whose opinion you don't want to read are the only new posts.

Reactions:
Like, if I have someone on my ignore list, I don't want to see posts from them so why would I want to engage with their posts if they respond in a thread that I'm following? If a thread as five new posts and I click on it, their posts are automatically hidden but if their post is the only new post in a thread, its really annoying to click on a thread only to find that someone(s) whose opinion you don't want to read are the only new posts.
Because if you dont see them you could post things that have already been posted. I don't see why the forum should through a such feature encourage redundancy. There has been new content, the forum should tell you that, then you chose to see that content or not. Especially since it is very rare for a poster to just post opinion. The ignore feature doesn't differentiate between a post of opinion, a question and a fact. If someone answers or asks a simple question, then no matter their views and what you think of those, the answer or question is pertinent to everyone.

Reactions:
Because if you dont see them you could post things that have already been posted. I don't see why the forum should through a such feature encourage redundancy.
This literally happens already. The fact that a question has been satisfactorily answered doesn't stop people from responding with the same answer. Not to mention the fact that if someone is on my ignore list I'm already not seeing their content on the forums so the way the forums are setup already allow or encourage redundancy anyway.

Especially since it is very rare for a poster to just post opinion. The ignore feature doesn't differentiate between a post of opinion and a fact.
Again, if someone is on my ignore list I don't care about their posts, at all. That's why they are on my ignore list. I don't care about what they are posting, whether it is a fact or an opinion. And, in the case that I post a thread and the only people to reply are people on my ignore list I can either just ignore the thread I posted or click the show ignore content button and see if what I missed.

Reactions:
It seems more difficult to add threadmarks now. Before I could click one button to pull up the UI and do so, now I have to edit the post and fill in the field at the bottom.

This is especially bad when I want to threadmark posts others have made in a thread. I could do so before, now I can't.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It seems more difficult to add threadmarks now. Before I could click one button to pull up the UI and do so, now I have to edit the post and fill in the field at the bottom.

This is especially bad when I want to threadmark posts others have made in a thread. I could do so before, now I can't.
Seconding this, these restrictions and difficulties are not an improvement.

• 1Like
Reactions:
We're all adults here
I will agree that we're mostly adults here. I, for one, have never subscribed to the notion. That's why I'm still playing games at age 68 (in December).
:p

• 2Like
Reactions:
Youve lived longer than your namesake.:D
I've been blessed with better medical care. I had a heart attack when I was 49. :eek:

Are threadmarks gone?
They're still there, but seem that you can only make thm for your own posts now. And of course only if you're the OP, but that's nothing new.

Reactions: