• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Build 1908

dippy63bg6.png

My build 1908

With one build this year and Italy in Munich the choice of what to build in Kiel was not hard. With the new army in Kiel I would have two armies fighting Italy in central Europe. That was less then what Italy had near Munich but at least this would prevent any further taking of German SC in Germany next year, if lucky also Munich would be retaken. Thing did not look very good any longer with 16 to 11. But shame on the one who gives in. Still, better could be done by me if not time was running short by now. The next day it was school and we were coming close to the usual ending time, so I was a bit tired, especially as I did preparations for this AAR. Today we start an hour earlier which gives plenty of time for a game better than this.

dippy64wo0.png

Builds 1908

Italy built only armies, which indicated on that he was aiming on me, not any surprise, but also that he had no or no higher plans on a war with England, something I had hoped for. England also disbanded the fleet in Spain, something that further indicated on that England trusted that Italy would not attack, even with three units threatening it. Russia made some strange choices when he decided to keep the army in Galicia and disband all fleets. It was a suicide move for Russia, but would surely bother me when that army desperately would try to take a SC. Like if the AI though “Ok I’m gonna die. But I can always further ruin Germany’s chances.” Dam Russia.

Last edited:
You seem very much now to have Germany's traditional strategic problem - surrounded by enemies all of which hate you more than they hate each other.

The AI sure loves to ruin things.

Yar har har! The Italians still have a flaw! If you can push to Rome you might get the advantage! (Boy my stratigic plans are great!)

I'll get to MP some day... for now I'll just stare at this AAR and drool a little...

Snake IV: ...It was a suicide move for Russia...

i have seen human players suicide themselves on a hated opponent, but don't remember any AI ever doing that... :eek:

if you had a chance, that Russian move dooms ya to (at best) second place... :rolleyes:

excellent update, just not so good results! ! :cool:

Just a little question. As you noticed i do not have diplomacy (yet) so how do you actually win a game? Conquer every single province in the map or simply wipe out every human? Or is there any other type of victory i am not aware of?

BurningEGO said:
Just a little question. As you noticed i do not have diplomacy (yet) so how do you actually win a game? Conquer every single province in the map or simply wipe out every human? Or is there any other type of victory i am not aware of?

IIRC, the game is over when any player obtains 18 Supply Centers.

Spring 1909

I have no screen shot of my moves only spring 1909

Time was running out, I was sleepy and had school the next day. As I felt I wanted to end soon I gave Italy an offer. I said he would most certainly win, and if he did not attack me I would help him take Iberia, which would give him 18 SC. Italy never answered my offer, later I have found out that he always do that when it is about something he want to decline, so I continued in my war against him. I thought defensive. I did not have the chance to take anything of him very soon so I hoped to prevent him get his units in for him favourable positions. The Ankara army was most certainly going to Armenia so I moved there from Sevastopol to prevent that. I moved the armies in Kiel and Berlin to Munich and Silesia which would result in either me gaining Munich, Silesia or a standoff, the latter expected by me. The Ukraine army moved to Warsaw to help out in Germany and prevent it from falling to the greedy Russians. Against England I attacked Norway with Skagerak and support from Sweden. St Petersburg falling to him would not bother me. Another half hearted attack on the North Sea was made, while Brest was supported in defence by Picadry.

dippy63xs3.png

Moves spring 1909

Italy’s moves was made like if he prepared for a final blow in the fall as he had several units unmoved which where is quite good position already. He might also have run out of time. The army in Burgundy was not very nice and so was not the fleet in the Black Sea, but the other moves behind the lines did not affect me very much. England was on a total defensive. The move to Norway was more or less a retreat before even being dislodged. Holding would make no difference. The pesky Russian prevented me from entering Warsaw. There where no retreats this turn. My moves to Armenia, Munich, Warsaw and the North Sea failed this turn.

Well...

Nothing much to say here...

Here's to hoping a miracle comes up and Italy gets crushed!

Snake IV: ...As I felt I wanted to end soon I gave Italy an offer. I said he would most certainly win, and if he did not attack me I would help him take Iberia, which would give him 18 SC. Italy never answered my offer, later I have found out that he always do that when it is about something he want to decline, so I continued in my war against him...

not any good news there. it still looks like a Green win! ! ;)

excellent update, just not any good news! ! :cool:

I was just about to make an update when I remembered that I had to do homework for tomorrow. I am afraid that means no update today, but maybe I can remember during the week if I find myself time.

Afarid that I still not have any update.
joebthegreat said:
The AI sure loves to ruin things.

Yar har har! The Italians still have a flaw! If you can push to Rome you might get the advantage! (Boy my stratigic plans are great!)

I'll get to MP some day... for now I'll just stare at this AAR and drool a little...
So you will play with us when I have finished my AAR :D Surley you can find time during the winter break, no?

stnylan: Yes, Germany can quite easily find itself squeesed between other powers.

Duke of Wellington: Things ain't bright, but don't give up the hope quite yet.

GhostWriter: Well, I have not seen any human sacrifice himself to drag down him opponent very often. But you probebly have more experience than me, and don't looks as quick upon your opponents move as I do.

BurningEGO: What GhostWriter said. I wondered if you had not read the rules I provided a link to so I checked them. Paradox do not have the site up anymore. Dam Paradox :mad:

I appere not to have the Screenie of the overall moves Fall 1909. I have though way to many close up pics on my own moves I do not need. Very many such in the later game. Shows where my effort went in the game :wacko: Anyway. I will see if I can figure out what moves there where and make them in the sandbox mode.

*Obligatory update reminder after a week of inactivity*

One update is done and will be posted tomorrow. The other one though :rolleyes:

Anyway I have a goal when the AAR will be done no matter what.

Snake IV: One update is done and will be posted tomorrow. The other one though...

wonderful ! ! :D looking forward to the next update! ! :cool:

I had everything done before but now I have cleverly lost the links to the pics. Imageshack is not very excellent right now so the update is delayed some more.