• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I hope you include some of your well known discoveries about the game mechanics and emuish tactics too, of course without being too brutal against your AI opponents. It's hard to imagine, the AI could get you into any critical situation :p
Subscribed already yesterday. Now you know... ;)

johgr said:
I keep hearing Saddam's voice from South Park when I read Hitler's lines :)

Hey, relax it's me, Saddam. Trust me :rofl:

If blue emu could animate Hitler like Stone and Parker did Saddam, he'd never have to worry about how humorous his jokes are again.

Something to think about, emu.

quintelosky said:
Good luck with your aar ;)
Thanks. I'm working on another update now.

quintelosky said:
What are you researching?
I've been trying out a "Tech Sling-Shot" idea... holding off for as long as I can all those industrial techs that lower your research modifier, in order to run my research mod up as high as possible, and tech rushing the Rocket techs (difficulty 13). I also built a whole crap-load of Rocket Test Sites quite early in the game, when I really should have been building Factories instead.

Of course, this means that my Industry is weaker than it should be, my Army is rather small; and since I delayed researching up to "Special Materials" for a long time, it's mostly either obsolete (like my Infantry) or not yet built at all (like my Tanks)... but I've got a handful of truly KILLER units, which I'm sure will impress Poland and France once they get a look at them.

Another update should be coming up fairly soon.

Just wanted to subscribe and say great job. I actually rather liked the first post just because it focuses on the mod and historical material, and even more so for it being 34, instead of your more typical 36. If you decide to do a second one, I'd like to see you try out all your skills, including your new opening, the sub strategy, etc. all in an AAR.

Excellent AAR. Keep up the work.

Hitler (Germany): Roosevelt, CUT THAT OUT!

George V (England): Cut what out?

Hitler (Germany): He knows what I’m talking about.

Roosevelt (USA): Lol.

USASmear.jpg

Hitler (Germany): Jeez... where are all these friggin’ spies coming from? BANG! Yer dead. And so’s your friend, there.

Mussolini (Italy): The foul Ethiopians will soon be dead as well! Despite all my efforts at peaceful resolution, they are STILL surrounding my Fort!

Selassie (Ethiopia): You built it in the middle of my country! Of course I’m surrounding it. That’s called Geography, you bone-head...

Mussolini (Italy): You insult me! ME!!! Il Duce of Italy! Now I must wipe this stain from my honor, by wiping your pathetic nation of goat-herders off the map.

Nov34_ITA_Speech.jpg

George V (England): Come on, old man... let’s not get carried away. I’m sure it was just an unfortunate choice of words. Ethiopia is hardly worth the trouble of fighting over anyway... if you just want a few more acres of worthless sand, I can give you some of mine.

Mussolini (Italy): No!

UKConcessions.jpg

Mussolini (Italy): It is my reputation that is at stake, now! If I allow this fool to mock me, who will take me seriously?

Selassie (Ethiopia): Does anyone take you seriously now?

Mussolini (Italy): Enough!!! I will accept no more of your sly taunts! I am ordering my Armies forward, into glorious battle!

Avenol (League of Nations): ... errr... errr... please wait... the Ethiopian problem is already on the agenda for our next General Meeting. I’m sure we can work something out...

Hitler (Germany): So when do you guys meet, anyway?

Avenol (League of Nations): General Meetings are held once a year... every September.

Mussolini (Italy): September... that’s... err... one, two, three... ten months from now. Excellent!

Avenol (League of Nations): Well, I’m so glad we were able to...

AttackEthiopia.jpg

Avenol (League of Nations): But... errr... but, you said you’d wait until September!

Mussolini (Italy): No... YOU said that I’ve GOT until September to conquer these fools.

Selassie (Ethiopia): Bring it on, Douche!

Mussolini (Italy): That’s Duce!... do not mock me again!

George V (England): Poor show, old boy... for once, Avenol has a point: this could have been settled peacefully, you know.

Hitler (Germany): Speaking of settling things peacefully, George...

George V (England): Hmmm?

Hitler (Germany): I’d like you to take a quick look at this:

NavySucks.jpg

George V (England): ... errr... what is it supposed to be?

Hitler (Germany): Good question. Good question... it’s SUPPOSED to be my Navy.

George V (England): Ha-ha...

Hitler (Germany): Exactly. Now... you’ve got nearly two hundred fleet units, George. Would there be any harm in lifting some of those stupid restrictions, and letting me build a few more ships... just enough to defend my coasts?

George V (England): Well... I suppose...

Lebrun (France): Are you mental? Tell him no! He’s a madman! He wants to build a huge fleet of U-Boats and massacre all our convoys! You must have read that thread...

Hitler (Germany): You see what I’m up against, George... Lebrun hates me. He HATES me. Now consider this: What if he attacks me? I’ll need to defend my coast... but with what? Are YOU going to come and help me? Do you really want to end up fighting the French? They’re your allies, George...

George V (England): ... errr...

Leopold III (Belgium): Lebrun is right... you can’t let this lunatic re-arm!

Hitler (Germany): “Lunatic” is an unkind term, Leopold...

Leopold III (Belgium): Well, it says “Power-Hungry Demagogue” right on your picture... check it out.

Hitler (Germany): Paradox hates me too. They’re Swedish.

Lebrun (France): Tell him no!!!

Hitler (Germany): Come on, George... you’ve got hundreds of ships, so does Roosevelt, Lebrun has dozens... even Benito has lots. What possible harm could it do to let me build a few? Just enough to protect myself...

George V (England): I suppose it couldn’t really hurt...

NavTreaty_35.jpg

Hitler (Germany): I knew we could work this out, George. I’m glad we had this little talk.

George V (England): Well... you’re not REALLY planning to build a huge fleet of U-Boats, are you?

Hitler (Germany): Of course not. Don’t be silly.

ZPlan1.jpg

Lebrun (France): I don’t BELIEVE this... George, you’re as crazy as HE is!

Leopold III (Belgium): ... and this idiot is the head of our alliance? Well, that’s it for me... I’m outta here!

BelgiumLeavesAllies.jpg

Hitler (Germany): Aren’t you guys over-reacting a little?

ZPlan2.jpg

Lebrun (France): Over-reacting??? We’ve just lost the war... and it hasn’t even started yet!

Hitler (Germany): Lebrun, I think you’re acting a bit paranoid. Just a bit. No offense meant.

ZPlan3.jpg

Hitler (Germany): George is the Naval expert, after all... if he isn’t worried, why should you be?

Lebrun (France): Because he’s senile, and I’m not!

Hitler (Germany): I wish you would stop blowing this all out of proportion, Lebrun... you’re going to scare people with this alarmist talk. I just need a few more ships, to protect my coast.

ZPlan4.jpg

Hitler (Germany): Sheesh... relax, you guys.

Avenol (League of Nations): I... errr... I think it’s wonderful that you two were able to settle that difficult situation just by talking it over peacefully.

Hitler (Germany): So do I, Avenol... for once, I agree with you completely.

Last edited:
Oh Mussolini, what a character. And that Hitler too :p
And gotta love breaking the fourth wall a bit ;)

Stalin is too silent... too much...

Manziel said:
i like this line :D
I was actually torn between phrasing it that way, or giving myself a Cameo by saying:

You must have read that thread by whatzisname...
I thought I did a pretty good job of talking George around...

Hitler was great. The references to Paradox and the ASW? thread were great as well.

What year is it? 1935?

dublish said:
Hitler was great. The references to Paradox and the ASW? thread were great as well.
Thanks.

dublish said:
What year is it? 1935?
Very late in 1935... we're about to enter the "vanilla" game period... probably in my next update.

dont forget that you can change ministers in '36!

you might even wanna take up Gustav Krupp to buff your armour&artillery research, maybe also replacing ludwig beck with höpner too.

The Douche/Duce line made me laugh. Great stuff.