• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The idea of a veteran player who only owns half the DLCs instead of all of them broke my suspension of disbelief.

"Xenos, I went into a coma around 1.8, is there anything I should be aware of owning all the DLCs up to that point?"

*everyone looks around at one another very uneasy until someone breaks the ice and sends our poor veteran back into a coma"

• 7Haha
Reactions:
The idea of a veteran player who only owns half the DLCs instead of all of them broke my suspension of disbelief.

Many veterans are homeless.

Many veterans are homeless.
1710939754420.jpeg

Average Paradox Veteran caught live in the wild.

• 9Haha
Reactions:
ive got 3000h+ in Stellaris and own everything but astral rifts, which I refuse to buy for anything more than 10€ at most lol.
I would even pay for the subscription if it mean that Stellaris got a new engine and old content ported over...
anything for much better performance while maintaining some sort of population system...

ive got 3000h+ in Stellaris and own everything but astral rifts, which I refuse to buy for anything more than 10€ at most lol.
I would even pay for the subscription if it mean that Stellaris got a new engine and old content ported over...
anything for much better performance while maintaining some sort of population system...
I have over 4k hours in Stellaris and I too, refuse to buy astral planes DLC due to it being overpriced. I would pay a subscription to test that DLC, tho i will not pay whole price just for that one DLC xD

• 1Like
Reactions:
I have over 4k hours in Stellaris and I too, refuse to buy astral planes DLC due to it being overpriced. I would pay a subscription to test that DLC, tho i will not pay whole price just for that one DLC xD
I think I must have spent like 220€ on Stellaris at this point. I bought the game at launch for 40, I paid full price for most dlcs except for the species packs, which I bought for 20% to 50% off but astral planes does what a bunch of mods do much worse and seems very light on content anyway. I loved distant stars, astral planes wouldve been fine if priced like it but it's nowhere near a utopia or apocalypse equivalent content. Yeah sure there was some inflation in the meantime over the 8y since launch but c'mon. Also seems not great that the review continue to be all grossly negative. I have high hopes for the machine age dlc

• 1Like
Reactions:
Also seems not great that the review continue to be all grossly negative.

Someone said that high DLC prices tend to attract negative reviews across many different games.

Someone said that high DLC prices tend to attract negative reviews across many different games.
yes, but I can also think of enough well received dlcs from the top of my head. Frederick Wester specifically mentioned very poorly received and selling games and dlcs from external studios in pdx's last financial report, which I assume referred to CS2 and astral planes. I really cant imagine that Astral planes sold well at all, which is the ultimate benchmark of reception. The business is to sell content, content which doesnt sell is bad business.

I freely acknowledge that the corona inflation has moved the pricing down in real terms across the board and that pricing adjustments are in line with that. ofc it is a particularly difficult sell for long running games where the old content acts as nominal anchors. that said, even as a shareholder I found astral planes to be an exceedingly poor value proposition relative to what I, and I think the community, expected. Doubly so because it didnt add anything besides poorly copying the ideas of some mods. shouldve been story pack prices at 10-15€ and the reception would've been positive imho.

Im excited for the machine age but Stellaris is on version 3, I love the game, but the performance sucks. Im gonna upgrade my machine to zen5 once its out in all likelihood but if the game's natural performance doesn't improve from here its probably time for either version 4 or Stellaris 2.

Last edited:

I have over 11,000 hours (much of it just idling but people who see my Steam ask questions) and I swear to Zarqlan that with Astral Planes you're paying fractions of a percent of a penny for the amount of Hyper Relays you've built and will build and if you like paying full cost for Hyper Relays in game, I won't talk you into a purchase...but if you don't .002 cents at most per instance of Hyper Relay.

Fun stories too, but that's all bonus to the Hyper Relays, 2 Relics at Once, Astral Jump that allows one big jump within your own territory no matter where to another point in territory. Super fun and/or useful for headaches that I've had.

1710962993881.png

Last edited:
  • 5Haha
Reactions:
I have over 11,000 hours (much of it just idling but people who see my Steam ask questions) and I swear to Zarqlan that with Astral Planes you're paying fractions of a percent of a penny for the amount of Hyper Relays you've built and will build and if you like paying full cost for Hyper Relays in game, I won't talk you into a purchase...but if you don't .002 cents at most per instance of Hyper Relay.

Fun stories too, but that's all bonus to the Hyper Relays, 2 Relics at Once, Astral Jump that allows one big jump within your own territory no matter where to another point in territory. Super fun and/or useful for headaches that I've had.

View attachment 1098675
While I like the DLC, "buy the DLC for in-game resource savings" is not a great argument. Stat inflation (or cost deflation, in this case) is not the same thing as gameplay improvement.

Reactions:
While I like the DLC, "buy the DLC for in-game resource savings" is not a great argument. Stat inflation (or cost deflation, in this case) is not the same thing as gameplay improvement.
And yet I am here to tell you, my gameplay experiences vastly improved, lol! the 3 specific things I mentioned were 3 big things I know I didn't like and didn't know would be in the DLC like that, and it's like they were purposefully made for me and my gripes.

1710964092622.png

(but yeah, I'll pull at anything to get the grumps to stop grumping over it. I don't play a ton of games at any given moment so a 20 buck DLC for my game of the era that I love, out of my 100 dollars a year budget to spend on games was not this testy proposition, quite the opposite. And If I like the cut of your jib, some of my 100 dollar budget might find home in your desires)

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Quit talking about DLC, Astral Rifts, and Paradox's policy before you get the thread closed for going off topic. Quick, someone post a Borg meme!

• 2Haha
Reactions:
At what point is that salad, just a Codebreaking Buff Soup though?

Codebreaking has been ... souped up.

buff dolphin lean.png
"But you still can't swim in it."

• 5Haha
Reactions:
  • 9Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 6Haha
Reactions:
Reactions: