• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Sorry for being away so long, Avindian! What year is it currently, and is it viable for my character to still be alive (if a bit old)?))

((It's 1850 -- your character would be 56, so he's totally fine. :) Glad to have you back!))

Stadtholder Brunelli,

Your second bill would be a Constitutional Amendment and require the support of both houses. Your non binding resolution, as it is purely economic, would be Conclave only, but may be voted upon, should you wish to formally put it up for a vote.

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

EDIT: Foreign Ministry plan passes. I'm going to set a hard deadline of Thursday at 10 PM for any other new proposals or plans.

Last edited:
I must oppose Carlo Brunelli's proposed Defence Act.

Voting, then, is mandatory, unless the Stadtholder wishes to withdraw his petition. Both houses must vote.

I also vote no on this proposed Defense Act. We should not cripple our country by taking away one of our greatest strengths.

-Hugo Unger

I vote no to the Defense Act, and oppose the economic proposition. Our industry became the greatest in the world under the guidance of my Uncle, and yet everyone wants to believe just ignoring it will cause it to continue to grow. Bizzare.

FM

Last edited:
The Ministry of War has proposes to keep existing forces in being, without any expansion at this time. This applies to both the Army and the Navy.

I vote No on the defense only proposition.

Hals Gutfreund, Minister of War

The first resolution must now be voted on as well by Conclave only.

((DutchGuy -- I am marking you down as voting against the economic act but for the defense act. Correct?))

Stadtholder Brunelli,

Your second bill would be a Constitutional Amendment and require the support of both houses. Your non binding resolution, as it is purely economic, would be Conclave only, but may be voted upon, should you wish to formally put it up for a vote.

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

Chief Justice,

I did not intend to put the Defense Act formally for a voter; rather? I wished it merely to be discussed.

I do intend to formally put the economic resolution up to a vote.

Carlo Brunelli
Minister of Education

Very well, Stadtholder Brunelli. In that case, voting on the economic resolution may resume (for Stadtholders only), but until the Stadtholder formally puts up his Constitutional Amendment for a vote, no further voting is required on that. The Defense Act may be discussed, however, as per his wishes.

Chief Justice

I whole-heartedly advise against the Defence Act as it will render Germany incapable of defending her national honor or giving living space to Germans who need it vs our enemies.

Signed,
Chancellor Otto von Bismarck

I vote No to both proposals. They seek to tie our hands in both expanding our industry and our Empire. I see this as a direct attack on the great achievements of Imperialist ministers in guiding our people forward despite the chancellorships of lesser men.

Adolf von Arnim-Boitzenburg
Proud Imperialist, Conclave

Why cripple our nation by restricting what it can and cannot do? Doing so will only open us to exploitation by our enemies. It is better to be prepared for any circumstance, whether that is an economic or military one. I advise against both propositions put forward.

Name: Friedrich von Hohenstaufen
Date of Birth: 28 June, 1820
Party Affiliation: The UAI
House: The National Assembly
Bio: Born into a working class family in Swabia, Friedrich joined the German Army when he turned 16. He reached the rank of Sergeant before being honourably discharged. Friedrich then pursued a career as a diplomat, changing his name to "von Hohenstaufen" to seem more noble to foreign dignitaries. At this he excelled (diplomacy, not seeming more noble to foreign dignitaries), quickly becoming a charismatic negotiator ((possibly even a Grey Eminence)).

In any state nearing its industrial capacity, the most profitable two factories should be expanded.

(( any with less than one pip unfilled in total ))

FM

Name: Friedrich von Hohenstaufen
Date of Birth: 28 June, 1820
Party Affiliation: The UAI
House: The National Assembly
Bio: Born into a working class family in Swabia, Friedrich joined the German Army when he turned 16. He reached the rank of Sergeant before being honourably discharged. Friedrich then pursued a career as a diplomat, changing his name to "von Hohenstaufen" to seem more noble to foreign dignitaries. At this he excelled (diplomacy, not seeming more noble to foreign dignitaries), quickly becoming a charismatic negotiator ((possibly even a Grey Eminence)).

((Welcome! Per our forum rules, you'll be able to officially vote starting the next update. Take a moment to read the past updates, and if you have questions or concerns, let me know!))

In any state nearing its industrial capacity, the most profitable two factories should be expanded.

(( any with less than one pip unfilled in total ))

FM

((Are we still stockpiling resources to pay for these expansions?))

After hearing Herr Gotha
I do not know what is more we should think is more dangerous,Herr Gotha planning a Coup or The so called crippling of our army that I do support.
Wilhelm von Habsburg

Herr Von Habsburg,

This might come as shocking news to you,
but Imperialists seek to return to the Kaiserreich.

Cordially,
Gotha

Herr von Habsburg,
I am honoured to join the Economist Party. In light of the recent costly military campaign, I believe that this is a time for peace. As such, our economy is of the utmost importance. A greater economy for a greater Germany!

-Friedrich von Hohenstaufen

((I believe that gives you three members, correct, DutchGuy? You, Dadarian, and now LatinKaiser.))

"I am against such an amendment. We do not keep our youth from voting or from holding the lower offices, but this age cap is to ensure that any youth from a well known family can not simply be made of one of the two governing branches. Instead they must first gain more experience through age and/or holding a minor office before becoming a member of one of the two houses."

-Hugo Unger

((Seriously, you have any more amendments you want to throw out? So far it's what five in the four years you have been playing and two separate characters.))