• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
(( :blush: Note to self: trying to play chicken with an absent person won't work))
People of the German Republic, I bring good news the times are great and reduced spending on our military has brought us to a great surplus. As such I am happy to announce a 8% tax cut across all ranks of our society.

Marvellous. This is just what Germany needs, more wealth for all.

Good good good, Would it be possible to turn down our militairy maintenance even more ?
Wilhelm von Habsburg
As per the Constitution as amended, no it is not.

((Im doing it on every page here so people do not forget that my party is still out there))

((Well it's spammy and we're all getting annoyed by it.))

No changes to the military at this time. I am contemplating a minor expansion in the near future to add some Engineer units, but not as yet.

Hals Gutfreund, Minister of War

Unfortunately, it has become clear to me that, while the Economist Party was a noble endeavor, it lacks the political support needed to effect change in Germany. While I hope that another moderate party will eventually enter the German political arena, I must withdraw my support from the Economists and further commit to the UAI. I wish only for a greater Germany, and I hold no ill will against Herr von Habsburg or Herr von Altmark. I must follow my conscience and do what I feel is best for the Republic.

-Friedrich von Hohenstaufen

Okay, if people are getting irritated, the party petitioning needs to stop, at least in the thread. Use the Group Chat we have set up, or message people directly. (If you aren't part of the group chat, let me know.)

I'd like to keep the OP strictly informational, and promoting new parties is not something I'll do there. You're free to advertise your parties in your signature, of course.

I appreciate your cooperation.

Tax plan passes, which means all outstanding business is cleared up. I'm going to play sometime in the next couple of days -- can't be more specific than that. :) Could be tonight, could be Wednesday, could be Thursday.

Fellow Stadtholders, members of the Assembly,

It is my pleasure to announce the formation of a new, legally recognized party: The Hohenzollern-Unger Nationalist Party, or HUN for short. ((I did not pick the acronym. :D)) In addition to Herr Unger as our party leader and myself, we also have the participation of Assemblyman von Hohenstaufen ((LatinKnight)) and Stadtholder Dwyffor ((TheChalk.)) We invite any and all persons interested to join our new faction, that we may see the enemies of Germany tremble!

Michael von Hohenzollern, Stadtholder von Nürnberg

((Platform is Free Trade, State Capitalism, Secularized, Full Citizenship, and Jingoism. I'll update the OP with the new party shortly.))

EDIT: ((For gameplay purposes, this will have no effect on anything until after the coming election.))

Last edited:
It is good to see sensible minds emerge from the centre of the political spectrum. Although the HUN does not quite seem to guarantee the traditions of German culture, as leader of the Imperialist party I will gladly work with them on foreign policy. I'm curious to see this new party's stance on republicanism - the New Society's view on this matter resulted in the current disaster of a government, unfortunately.

- DDr. Wolfram Siegfried Gotha

von Altmark stands

This new party is a travesty against Germany and democracy. A political party dedicated solely to the advancement of the former ruling family of Germany and the Ungers is nothing short than an attempt to establish an oligarchy. I will not stand and let this force of repression and reaction seek to steal true German democracy and destroy all that it has been worked for.

Herr 'von' altmark,

Why do you say that this party is to establish an oligarchy? We have made no speeches, we have not stated where we stand, we have honestly done nothing except say that we have chose to leave our old parties and form a new. Where may I ask do you get your belief that we wish to destory the republic and claim power for ourselves?

Simply because the head of the Hohenzollern family co-founded this party along with myself? What other reasons can you base these accusations? Secondly, is it not the 'Imperialists' a party long older then our owns entire goal to, I don't know, return the Republic to an Empire with the former Imperialist family in command yet again? I have seen no attacks against them. Instead you make attacks against our party solely because some of its members are descendants of the old Kaisers. Is this some kind of crime? Because a man's name is Hohenzollern can he no longer take an active role in politics?

Finally, in the coming days we, the members of the newly formed Hohenzollern-Unger Nationalist Party, will be making a tour of the Republic to speak with the people about this new party. At that time, you may make any baseless accusations against us.

Hugo Unger

((BTW -- yes, you can change the names of parties, should you be so inclined, if a majority of active members in the party wish to change it. :)))

I may be interested in joining the HUN party, however I wish to know its stance on the position of the Hohenzollern family in Germany, and whether it is committed to the ideals of republicanism.

Assemblyman Graaff,

If the Imperial crown was handed to me on a silver platter, I would not accept, unless I knew the people themselves wanted me to accept it.

Michael von Hohenzollern

((Apologies for not updating tonight -- I will do so tomorrow, and we will have some things to talk about!))

EDIT: ((DutchGuy's party switch takes effect immediately; the members of the new HUN will vote with their old parties until the next election, which is coming in the next update after the one I post tomorrow anyway.))

Now that neither Unger nor Asch are in the UAI, I propose to change the name of our party to Federal Alliance for Progress (FAP) or to any other denomination that current UAI members propose.

Miguel de la Rosa Picard

Last edited:
Assemblyman Graaff,

If the Imperial crown was handed to me on a silver platter, I would not accept, unless I knew the people themselves wanted me to accept it.

Michael von Hohenzollern

((Apologies for not updating tonight -- I will do so tomorrow, and we will have some things to talk about!))

EDIT: ((DutchGuy's party switch takes effect immediately; the members of the new HUN will vote with their old parties until the next election, which is coming in the next update after the one I post tomorrow anyway.))

I am glad to hear it; in this case I am proud to join the HUN.