• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hidden Jewish update O:

Finally Middle Eastern Jews! The inconsistency in the naming really bothers me though, why "Kochinim" and "Bavlim" when there's "Ashkenazi" and "Sephardi"? The "m" should either be in all of them or none of them D:

• 3Like
Reactions:
ngl, bit sad that we can do the hostility ending that easily, now. To me, at least, it showed that not every problem can be solved with violence, and not at every time, and added an added difficulty, preventing most players from doing it in fifty years.
Imo you should be able to end the Struggle when you control all of Iberia, but without getting the bonuses. Just being able to form Hispania should suffice.

Reactions:
Wow, thank you!
What happens with ongoing campaigns in relation to the harm events? Can I already have them in my ongoing campaign when I update the game? PLEASE tell me that they‘re enabled for already ongoing campaigns, I need some difficulty in my ongoing playthrough:)

Reactions:
"Reduced the general opinion thresholds required for characters to consider cheating to low positives or early negatives for somewhat honorable characters, added a second tier of honor checks for dishonorable characters so that they'll consider cheating at close to (but still a little reduced from) the old higher opinion thresholds, drastically lowered the threshold for any character to cheat regardless of honor in the high minuses"

I wonder how much this will change. In the previous patch it was still insane. Like half of my daughters get horny and have children before they are married. If they turn 16 time is running and i don't give them a husband within two years. 3 out of 6 will have an affair...

Should be a drastic reduction in affairs this patch - I haven't touched the seduction scheme itself, but I audited every damned instance of the had_sex_with_effect in the title and we should have now squashed just about every conceivable instance of event-induced cheating unless it's appropriate. They now error too, so it'll be part of the general content production process to catch in future, which I hope will drastically cut down reintroduction rates. The tweaks to preferences for cheating mean that people also only need to be relatively happy in their relationships, as opposed to previously, where they'd be willing to cheat unless their relationship was borderline perfect.

It's not 100% proofing, but it should generally mean that affairs and pre-marital sex are more constrained to game logic and more intuitively understandable. Characters will still cheat if they're unhappy in their relationships, but that should be a much more heavily enforced minimum.

... my favourite dumb fix here was an event that grabbed a sperm donor from specifically across the opposite side of the map. No real reason (or practical method) for doing that, no information for the donor, just grabbed 'em and impregnated someone with fertility issues with them. Which uhhh, hypothetically meant that you players could have hidden children in distant courts without realising. Astronomically unlikely, but possible.
Wow, thank you!
What happens with ongoing campaigns in relation to the harm events? Can I already have them in my ongoing campaign when I update the game? PLEASE tell me that they‘re enabled for already ongoing campaigns, I need some difficulty in my ongoing playthrough:)
Unsure, but I don't think so, I'm afraid - the trigger that turns them on requires the game rule to be toggled to the right setting, so no game rule means no passed check means no harm events.

• 15Like
  • 13Love
  • 4Haha
Reactions:
Finally Middle Eastern Jews! The inconsistency in the naming really bothers me though, why "Kochinim" and "Bavlim" when there's "Ashkenazi" and "Sephardi"? The "m" should either be in all of them or none of them D:
Kochinim were at one point going to be called "Kochin" but we decided to use Kochinim to prevent any conflation with any future Kochi-based stuff we make, and Bavlim was a broader decision on my part to avoid using modern terminology for middle-eastern Judaic people.

Maybe Ashkenazi and Sephardi should be updated to include the "m". I remember someone more learned than me on the topic saying that these terms were anachronistic, but I could be misremembering. Worth looking into regardless.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Thanks for the huge update.

• 2Like
Reactions:
  • Weapon props no longer scale out of the hands of shorter characters. (If a mod adds new weapons for use in existing animations these may now appear outside of the hands. To fix this, make sure the props handle is at origo in your preferred 3D program when exporting. It needs to be “laying down” with the sharp edge pointing down, pointy end towards the Z axis.)

in 1.9.1, characters hold weapon in weird ways in some poses:
20230530200403_1.jpg

20230530200636_1.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions:
Unsure, but I don't think so, I'm afraid - the trigger that turns them on requires the game rule to be toggled to the right setting, so no game rule means no passed check means no harm events.
I see. That‘s unfortunate but understandable. Guess I‘ll have to start a new campaign soon for that sweet chaos:)

• 1Like
Reactions:
ngl, bit sad that we can do the hostility ending that easily, now. To me, at least, it showed that not every problem can be solved with violence, and not at every time, and added an added difficulty, preventing most players from doing it in fifty years.
Same. Especially since IIRC they described the Iberian Struggle beforehand as not being solvable just by conquering everything and just conquering everything shows that the character doesn't understand the Iberian Struggle lol.

Edit from Dev Diary #94:
We wanted to provide more difficult and interesting goals for ending a struggle than just conquering the whole struggle region. After all, it really doesn’t matter if you’ve conquered everyone if that hasn’t dealt with the underlying societal causes besetting a struggle locale.

Reactions:
  • temporarily reverted some script that caused gendered succession laws to be much easier to pass regardless of circumstance, till we can get a more thorough fix in

Haaaa, so cool, I don't need to maintain my hotfix mod!!

• 1Like
Reactions:
# Balance

• Characters involved in the Iberian Struggle are now allowed to take the Hostility Ending if they completely control Iberia, and their primary title is at least a Kingdom they held for 5 years or more. This can be done regardless of the current phase

It's good to see this issue addressed but it seems a half-baked solution to me in a way. This kind of defeats the purpose/sense of the Struggle and the phase cycling. Would have been nicer to see, for example, a pop-up event that automatically puts an end to the Struggle if the above conditions are met, with a narrative and options to choose from that differ from the standard Hostility ending. Or maybe, a decision in the spirit of the "secure a foothold in Iberia" one.

• 2Like
Reactions:
So many bug fixes, I love it..
Characters will still cheat if they're unhappy in their relationships, but that should be a much more heavily enforced minimum.

You have probably considered it but I do hope that lustful and callous/dishonorable characters can still cheat even when they have relatively high relationship with their spouse. Only soulmate should really hardblock cheating imo. (and even then they might cheat due to a mental break)

Having said that so am I happy you looked at it, as others have said so has it been an issue.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Maybe the expansion that I paid 30 euros for, is now actually playable.

Im not saying thanks for things that should be the minimum baseline.

• 3Haha
Reactions:
Should be a drastic reduction in affairs this patch - I haven't touched the seduction scheme itself, but I audited every damned instance of the had_sex_with_effect in the title and we should have now squashed just about every conceivable instance of event-induced cheating unless it's appropriate. They now error too, so it'll be part of the general content production process to catch in future, which I hope will drastically cut down reintroduction rates. The tweaks to preferences for cheating mean that people also only need to be relatively happy in their relationships, as opposed to previously, where they'd be willing to cheat unless their relationship was borderline perfect.

It's not 100% proofing, but it should generally mean that affairs and pre-marital sex are more constrained to game logic and more intuitively understandable. Characters will still cheat if they're unhappy in their relationships, but that should be a much more heavily enforced minimum.

... my favourite dumb fix here was an event that grabbed a sperm donor from specifically across the opposite side of the map. No real reason (or practical method) for doing that, no information for the donor, just grabbed 'em and impregnated someone with fertility issues with them. Which uhhh, hypothetically meant that you players could have hidden children in distant courts without realising. Astronomically unlikely, but possible.

Thanks. That sound great. I will definitly report back!

• 1Like
Reactions: