• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just came back from 3 weeks in Africa and although I am relieved that there aren't 9 pages worth of updates for me to catch up with, I am a bit sad there there has been no updates at all? :(

Is this AAR dead?

:) Jesper

Lordban said:
It would be sad; Germany '44 AARs are usually interesting when the timeframe they cover exceeds 3 months ;)
Or when the author isn't a lazy git with a compulsive need for finding new projects.

I'm sorry to have to say this, but I'd say this AAR is pretty much dead, like I've hinted at earlier, I ran away with the game way too far ahead and it got much more fun playing than writing. :( Tell you what though, I feel I owe it to my readers (the few of you who haven't moulded away yet, that is) to post some screenies showing roughly how it all went. :) Stay posted! :D

Tachikaze said:
Except the graphic ones, none. Remember, this AAR was begun before DD was even released, I'm still playing it on a press copy and I'm itching to get this AAR done so I can patch, get a good mod (got any suggestions, btw?) and start a new game, perhaps as Japan this time.

Historical Stony Road for Doomsday is apparently very difficult.

If you're just up for a variation on normal gameplay, Kaiserreich, while not finished, looks quite good. Japan looks fun for it, since you have to take on Germany early on. (They own the pacific, and much of China.)

Second Half 1945​

screensave174cg4.png

screensave176or9.png

screensave179mk7.png

screensave201nx7.png

screensave232lz5.png

screensave243tg3.png

screensave261fv0.png

screensave269zx0.png

screensave273mq2.png

screensave279uy9.png

Rommel marching in Moscow :D
Congratulations for a good game, and even though you aren't going to really work on this any longer apparently, you did write a very interesting AAR ;)

Second Half 1945 Part 2​

screensave282xz8.png

screensave308jd2.png

screensave309pq8.png

screensave323on4.png

screensave326ta2.png

screensave333pw4.png

screensave349ka8.png

Great AAR I must say, even with the long break in between. I do like the ending, even though it's more-or-less a summary.

Quick question, what mod are you using to have the colored images for leaders and military units?

At least the AAR died while the game was played out, rather than abandoned. I have to admit I started to lose some interest in this one after Exterous' 1944 AAR was posted. This was the first 1944 AAR I'd ever seen, and I found it fascinating (and I had no idea if it could be won as Germany). Seeing others take over the world starting in 1944 kind of takes something away from this one.

Great AAR, and I hope you start another one soon!

dublish said:
At least the AAR died while the game was played out, rather than abandoned. I have to admit I started to lose some interest in this one after Exterous' 1944 AAR was posted. This was the first 1944 AAR I'd ever seen, and I found it fascinating (and I had no idea if it could be won as Germany). Seeing others take over the world starting in 1944 kind of takes something away from this one.

Great AAR, and I hope you start another one soon!
Oh but you haven't seen the end of it yet. ;)

Tachikaze: Oh but you haven't seen the end of it yet. ;)

wonderful to hear that ! !

magnificent AAR ! ! :cool:

Good AAR Im looking forward to your next one :)