• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That wife event, that'd be great. The exilarch will need a little help from above. If only I could get them to act like patricians, so they'd get their own little mansion and a reason to breed... But it seems like a good plan. I should keep an eye on your thread. How do you envisage the AI bonus? Only to fellow Jews and Muslims, or to everyone? I wonder how that would affect the Bagrationi and Solomonic dynasties in my case. In the case of the latter, it might give Ethiopia more chance to survice.

Before SOA was announced, I was in the process of standardizing my mod, making sure all the cultural and religious names were uniform. I'll now be stripping away everything covered by SOA, and can only continue when the new patch is released. That's the good part about being a busy student, if I had had the time, I would have done a lot of coding for naught.

Aye, it would be nice if the exilarch could be like a patrician, but I guess having them as a faux mercenary company sort of works too, just a little weird. Anyhow as for the AI bonus the way I saw it the House of David trait would only apply to Jews, and particularly those within the Kingdom of Israel (so Jews outside the Kingdom of Israel would still be slightly more likely to support a claimant of the House of David, but for the Kingdom of Israel this likelihood increases manifold). I didn't consider it in the case of Ethiopia, but I guess that might work too.

Aye, it would be nice if the exilarch could be like a patrician, but I guess having them as a faux mercenary company sort of works too, just a little weird. Anyhow as for the AI bonus the way I saw it the House of David trait would only apply to Jews, and particularly those within the Kingdom of Israel (so Jews outside the Kingdom of Israel would still be slightly more likely to support a claimant of the House of David, but for the Kingdom of Israel this likelihood increases manifold). I didn't consider it in the case of Ethiopia, but I guess that might work too.
The application to Muslims would be mostly applicable in 867, with the Exilarchy being a respected office by the Muslims.

How would you code the increasing AI bonus? I'm currently only aware of it being attached to traits. Can other factors change it?

The application to Muslims would be mostly applicable in 867, with the Exilarchy being a respected office by the Muslims.

I suppose the Muslims would respect the Exilarch, maybe, but I dunno if they'd actually want to support him as a claimant if he somehow gets a claim someplace - they'd be more likely to support a Muslim, I would think.

How would you code the increasing AI bonus? I'm currently only aware of it being attached to traits. Can other factors change it?

You can change the AI weight on creating and joining factions in "common\objectives\00_factions.txt." Since you're familiar with the code I don't think I'll need to explain it to you. ;)

I suppose the Muslims would respect the Exilarch, maybe, but I dunno if they'd actually want to support him as a claimant if he somehow gets a claim someplace - they'd be more likely to support a Muslim, I would think.
Without a doubt. I suppose it's mainly for the liege-vassal relations. His office was respected, but besides the descent it's probably to pacify the tax-paying Jews.

You can change the AI weight on creating and joining factions in "common\objectives\00_factions.txt." Since you're familiar with the code I don't think I'll need to explain it to you. ;)
Ah, yes, I see. But I don't have enough experience to feel comfortable messing with that. :laugh:

Great mod!
Is there any chance you could add a formable religious head for the Judeao-Christian Heresy? That would be awesome!

Great mod!
Is there any chance you could add a formable religious head for the Judeao-Christian Heresy? That would be awesome!
A reformable head for the Messianist heresy seems more likely. The Judeao-Christian heresy is rather vague, I'm not sure how a head would work.

Speaking of heresies, devs have confirmed in the Ask Us Anything thread that the Samaritans and Karaites are Jewish heresies in vanilla.

Speaking of heresies, devs have confirmed in the Ask Us Anything thread that the Samaritans and Karaites are Jewish heresies in vanilla.
Yes, I've read that. Sounds reasonable enough.

Reminds me that I forgot to ask whether the Kohen Gadol had custom clothing as well, or if it's only the rabbis.

Okay, I've made a quick compatibility update for this mod. I've replaced the vanilla cultures with my own, but I have not deleted anything else added by Paradox.

An expanded and revised Jewish Interface will probably be the new raison d'être for this mod.

Okay, I've made a quick compatibility update for this mod. I've replaced the vanilla cultures with my own, but I have not deleted anything else added by Paradox.

An expanded and revised Jewish Interface will probably be the new raison d'être for this mod.

Awesome. I'm making some good progress on VIET's Jewish stuff, so hopefully I'll finish it soon enough so you have something to use.

I'll probably also release a Mizrahi mini-mod later today, as I dabbled a bit in that just to get the hang of how PI's Jewish spawn works, so that may be of interest to you. (Of course, VIET has other Jewish spawnable cultures as well, but I'll release just the Mizrahi as separate because 1) the Ashkenazi/Sephardi/Mizrahi is the minimal level of differentiation needed in my opinion, 2) just wanted to, again, test things out to see how they work, so I might as well release it for modders to use).

Awesome. I'm making some good progress on VIET's Jewish stuff, so hopefully I'll finish it soon enough so you have something to use.
Great.
I'll probably also release a Mizrahi mini-mod later today, as I dabbled a bit in that just to get the hang of how PI's Jewish spawn works, so that may be of interest to you. (Of course, VIET has other Jewish spawnable cultures as well, but I'll release just the Mizrahi as separate because 1) the Ashkenazi/Sephardi/Mizrahi is the minimal level of differentiation needed in my opinion, 2) just wanted to, again, test things out to see how they work, so I might as well release it for modders to use).
I'll probably adapt it to spawn some Falashi in Ethiopia as well, in that case. The culture's also included in my mod, and I've noticed a lot of people being interested in them in the main forum.

Great.

I'll probably adapt it to spawn some Falashi in Ethiopia as well, in that case. The culture's also included in my mod, and I've noticed a lot of people being interested in them in the main forum.

A few minutes after I posted that initial post I decided to make that mini mod I will release include a whole bunch of Jewish groups, basically all of the ones I have already in VIET (including the falashim) (and a few I will add soon in VIET) not just the mizrahi. It's not too much work anyhow so hopefully it'll save you a bit of work! :)

Glad to see this mod is adapting to Jews being added in Vanilla.

Edit: The link for version 2 is broken.

Glad to see this mod is adapting to Jews being added in Vanilla.

Edit: The link for version 2 is broken.
Fixed. Seems like the "Copy To Clipboard" function didn't work properly.

userinterface.png

I've been playing around with the interface a bit. I think I've achieved a somewhat decent stained glass effect. There's some place left that's not in use, perhaps I could do something nifty there if someone has a suggestion.

I sadly can't recolour the Muslim interface, as it would violate this. I fear I lack the skills for a reskin)from-scratch à la Kerfank as well. I guess I'll keep it it to some tiny details.

Looking good, though a tad bit bright in my opinion. Are you going to try to mess around with any other parts of the interface?

Have you had any luck in making the screen show vassal rabbis instead of bishops?

Looking good, though a tad bit bright in my opinion. Are you going to try to mess around with any other parts of the interface?
Perhaps the interface is just too dark. And yes, I'm experimenting with a lot of parts of the interface, trying to find some distinctive things to add.

Have you had any luck in making the screen show vassal rabbis instead of bishops?
That's not something I can change graphically, must be something in the interface settings. That said, I don't think it shows any Rabbi vassals at all. It seems to be part of the Investiture mechanic.

Messianic Judaism needs a bigger expansion. In my opinion, Messianic Jews should have a relationship bonus with Christians because they are both God's Chosen People and saved through Jesus. Likewise, Messianic Jews should be able to restore their own version of the Temple, where something representing Jesus is placed instead of a High Priest. The Veil between the Messianic Temple's laity court and the Holy of Holies is torn. (According to prophecy, the Temple must be rebuilt before the Second Coming of Christ can be activated.) The Messianic Jewish Temple should also be able to be built by Christians. Creating it will cause a reformation (like normal Judaism is) where Orthodox Judaism becomes the heresy and Messianic Judaism becomes a dominating force. The result is that all Orthodox Jews revolt and schiscm chaos begins.