• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I did several conversions, because nothing happened the first time, so the log can be large
It works correctly for me :confused:.
1673136661749.png
1673136683091.png
1673136698765.png

Please do all of these:
  • verify the integrity of your CK3 game files through Steam
  • check that you don't have any other CK3 mod enabled
  • remove the entire converter folder and download it again
And report back if the problem persists.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It works correctly for me :confused:.
View attachment 936303View attachment 936304View attachment 936305

Please do all of these:
  • verify the integrity of your CK3 game files through Steam
  • check that you don't have any other CK3 mod enabled
  • remove the entire converter folder and download it again
And report back if the problem persists.
Everything worked, thanks! The problem was that I pressed the wrong button in the launcher and the mod was not added to the "game set". It's incredible that now I can continue my game in CK3, it's still centuries of gameplay. The question is, in the converter it is possible to add Islam, but what about Christianity? Islam is based on Christian dogmas and is a distortion of them, so if you add Islam, then Christianity.

Made a correct and complete translation into Russian of all cultures, religions and a little bit of the rest. Attached archive. Also noticed a few bugs. For example, a Carthaginian ruler has a tag instead of a title, and Saxon cultures are for some reason Old Saxon... it's better to make them ordinary Saxons.

Attachments

• russian.rar
    74,5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
The question is, in the converter it is possible to add Islam, but what about Christianity? Islam is based on Christian dogmas and is a distortion of them, so if you add Islam, then Christianity.
Christianity is added by this I:R submod for Invictus mod, which is supported by the converter: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2845446001
There are no plans to add Rise of Christianity events to the converter itself.

Aestian should actually convert to Baltic cultures, I'll correct the culture mappings for next release.

Made a correct and complete translation into Russian of all cultures, religions and a little bit of the rest.
Thanks! Will include it in next release, which will be released today.

For example, a Carthaginian ruler has a tag instead of a title
Will check that.
and Saxon cultures are for some reason Old Saxon... it's better to make them ordinary Saxons.
I'm not sure about this, I think Old Saxon represents the ancient Saxons: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saxons
And the Saxon culture represents the medieval inhabitants of Saxony.
Why do you think Saxon fits better?

• 2Like
Reactions:
@Luka_Moscovite I couldn't include the "irtock3_dynasty_l_russian.yml" in the converter because things like dynn_irtock3_33554493 can be completely different dynasties in other converter games (the ID comes from Imperator and is dynamic).
You should contribute these family name translations to the Invictus must-have mod for I:R: https://github.com/SnowletTV/Invictus
That way the converter will correctly localize the dynasties for CK3 if the save uses the Invictus mod :)

For the same reason I can't include "converter_bookmark_l_russian.yml". The rest has been merged and you I've been added to the credits in ReadMe.txt.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm not sure about this, I think Old Saxon represents the ancient Saxons: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saxons
And the Saxon culture represents the medieval inhabitants of Saxony.
Why do you think Saxon fits better?
If so, then I completely agree with you. I just thought that in the 1st century A.D. the Saxons were just appearing and could not become "old" or "ancient", if you know what I mean.

The Aesti are most likely the ancestors of both the Balts and the Slavs. The same Eastern Slavs have many Baltic elements in them.

I remembered another bug, in the welcome message there is no signature of the Converter Team

Last edited:
If so, then I completely agree with you. I just thought that in the 1st century A.D. the Saxons were just appearing and could not become "old" or "ancient", if you know what I mean.
The name could be better, but I don't have any idea (Saxon is taken), so by default it's how vanilla CK3 calls them.

I checked the Carthaginian ruler title and it looks ok for me, how does it display for you?
1673175765367.png

The Aesti are most likely the ancestors of both the Balts and the Slavs. The same Eastern Slavs have many Baltic elements in them.
Possibly, but in the converter I need to differentiate. If you want actual Slavic cultures, you should play with Imperator: Invictus mod, which adds multiple proto-Slavic cultures that the converter supports.
I remembered another bug, in the welcome message there is no signature of the Converter Team
Should be fixed now.

The Carthaginian title loc should also be fixed now in latest release, the Russian file was broken.

• 2Like
Reactions:
It's also a pity that the game doesn't have a "Western" cultural group that includes the Aquitanians. I exterminated the Western Celts, driving them into the gold mines by the hundreds, but recognized the rights of the Aquitanians, thereby giving them a move, in contrast to real history, where only the name of Southern France remained from them

With the new update I am now able to convert the save but I'm not able to start the game. It crashes in the loading screen when I launch the game. I have four errors in the converter but I don't know what they mean exactly. Can someone help?

Attachments

• log.txt
    590,9 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    11,7 KB · Views: 0
  • 727.1.1 - Yamnat.rome
    17,3 MB · Views: 0
With the new update I am now able to convert the save but I'm not able to start the game. It crashes in the loading screen when I launch the game. I have four errors in the converter but I don't know what they mean exactly. Can someone help?
This is caused by the enabled Rise of Islam option. Please download latest converter update, it will automatically disable the option and fix the other error.

I'm having trouble getting the converter working at all. ConverterFrontend.exe just stops working before even launching. I do have all the latest VC redistributables installed (I even repaired my installation). My OS is Windows 7. I will try it out on my Windows 11 desktop to see if it's an issue on there.

The main criticism I have is there is not a detailed readme on where to actually put this and how to actually use it. I think the current archive available for download might be lacking certain files that were in previous versions. There's no in depth faq about how to use it; just the basic faq that can be found anywhere online. There really needs to be a step by step guide for this rather than just "1. Run ConverterFrontend.exe".

I am glad to see this active on a forum though. I'm sick of joining this or that Discord server.

EDIT: Attached image of the current contents of the archive. It doesn't have the same readme/faq files and is missing the VC redistributable file. I'm just saying, this makes the instructions as currently posted confusing as they don't match the current contents of the archive.

EDIT2: Added a second image to demonstrate the issue.

Attachments

• 20230110_155307_1.jpg
    20230110_155307_1.jpg
    2,1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230110_160048.jpg
    20230110_160048.jpg
    8,1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I'm having trouble getting the converter working at all. ConverterFrontend.exe just stops working before even launching. I do have all the latest VC redistributables installed (I even repaired my installation). My OS is Windows 7. I will try it out on my Windows 11 desktop to see if it's an issue on there.
Try downloading latest version (6.1.9). If it still doesn't work, you should just upgrade to newer Windows. 7 is dead and insecure.
The main criticism I have is there is not a detailed readme on where to actually put this and how to actually use it. I think the current archive available for download might be lacking certain files that were in previous versions. There's no in depth faq about how to use it; just the basic faq that can be found anywhere online.
There is no in-depth FAQ.
Watch this video if you need general information about how to navigate the converter:
There really needs to be a step by step guide for this rather than just "1. Run ConverterFrontend.exe".
Message to all: contributions are welcome.
I've slightly updated the FAQ for next release to include officially supported mods.
EDIT: Attached image of the current contents of the archive. It doesn't have the same readme/faq files and is missing the VC redistributable file. I'm just saying, this makes the instructions as currently posted confusing as they don't match the current contents of the archive.
I'm not sure what you're talking about, where does it say about VC redistributables? Are you using some old version?

Try downloading latest version (6.1.9). If it still doesn't work, you should just upgrade to newer Windows. 7 is dead and insecure.

There is no in-depth FAQ.
Watch this video if you need general information about how to navigate the converter:

Message to all: contributions are welcome.
I've slightly updated the FAQ for next release to include officially supported mods.

I'm not sure what you're talking about, where does it say about VC redistributables? Are you using some old version?
The very first post in this thread shows the VC redistributable file in the image, and the quick troubleshooting guide on both the wiki and in the archive day to use it if there are problems. I used the latest version of the archive provided by this thread.

Thanks for the video. I'll take a look at it.

Like I said, I have a Windows 11 laptop I can try it on if the exe is no longer compatible with anything before Windows 10. FYI, please stop telling people who are using Windows 7 to upgrade. It's just annoying. The whole argument has gotten old, especially when we've been running the systems securely for years. Windows 10 will be out of service relatively soon, so I'll stick with 7 on old hardware and 11 on new hardware, thank you very much. I have a security expert as a close friend who has told me the precautions I need to take with Win 7, which he thought was perfectly fine for a dedicated gaming system. I have had no virus problems or hacking since Windows 7 went out of service.

If the exe doesn't work on Windows 7 anymore, Windows 10 or above needs to be listed as a requirement on the first post and in the readme. Imperator: Rome and CK3 both work perfectly fine on Windows 7, so you're going to get Windows 7 users on the forum from time to time. I have never had any problem with the converters for other games on my Win 7 desktop, and there have been other Win 7 users in this thread (who were not told to upgrade, by the way).

EDIT: It works on my Windows 11 laptop, though only after jumping through several hoops with antivirus programs. This is a very new laptop, so this is probably going to be par for the course on new Windows 11 systems. I never encountered this problem with other converters, through that was all on Windows 7. Maybe I need to test all the current versions on Windows 11. I'll repeat what I said though: the first post and wiki need updated.

Last edited:
Reactions: