HoI4 Dev Teasers (previously Podcat's Twitter Teasers)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So, anyone has a hint why we won't get a dev diary this week? Are we getting closer to release? Are they busy patching up the last few bits? Or is it completely unrelated?

While another holidays in Sweden might be likely too, i think that things are about to be wrapped up. My guess is a release within the next 3 weeks.

• 1Love
Reactions:
While another holidays in Sweden might be likely too, i think that things are about to be wrapped up. My guess is a release within the next 3 weeks.
Im not really sure about a release... There has been no announcement of a release-date or any streaming for that matter.

Reactions:
i think that things are about to be wrapped up. My guess is a release within the next 3 weeks.

While I agree that they are wrapping up development of NSB, I suspect knowing HoI's rate of development, I would put it closer to month.

For some nondescript reason (...), i have the 2nd of October on my mind...

DLCs usually don't drop in saturdays. In m'y memory, they are released on tuesdays.

Maybe they just don't want to bother with a half-cooked dev dairy that would backfire (a bit like the tsarist Russia tree) and wait to have Real stuff to show.

• 2Like
Reactions:
While the Warsaw Uprising would thematically actually fit, I don't think that they would push the release on a saturday, especially next week is almost too close, since we haven't seen any achievements, art, music, map changes, etc.
But I would still expect October, since they confirmed a release in 2021 and haven't backed off from that claim yet. For post-launch fixes they would then have the whole November (not to ruin December and Christmas time with bugfixes).
But who knows. I'm really eager to finally get hands on this DLC, I love these trains and railway guns...

Reactions:
So, anyone has a hint why we won't get a dev diary this week? Are we getting closer to release? Are they busy patching up the last few bits? Or is it completely unrelated?
No clue - if I remember correctly they made an offhand comment that next week’s Dev diary will be as long as a thread or something along those lines, but they might just be acting facetious

While the Warsaw Uprising would thematically actually fit, I don't think that they would push the release on a saturday, especially next week is almost too close, since we haven't seen any achievements, art, music, map changes, etc.
But I would still expect October, since they confirmed a release in 2021 and haven't backed off from that claim yet. For post-launch fixes they would then have the whole November (not to ruin December and Christmas time with bugfixes).
But who knows. I'm really eager to finally get hands on this DLC, I love these trains and railway guns...

I was rather thinking of some 80th anniversary but the objection about a saturday seems legit.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I was rather thinking of some 80th anniversary but the objection about a saturday seems legit.
Ah, the Battle of Moscow, right? Would have been a really cool date yes, but sadly probably just a dream, for that is simply not enough time.
But I could imagine that they will bring artworks and music next week, Map changes and achievements in two weeks (Maybe Soviet Exiles fixes somewhere inbetween) and then a soon release in Mid-to-late October...

• 2Like
Reactions:
Probably Summer Vacation 2

• 2Haha
Reactions:
Everyone screaming for release date but when DLC would came early with lots of bugs you guys would scream in lots of new posts on forum. Let them work on this DLC as long they want to so we will get the best udpate ever for our lovely game. Stay calm comrades.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Everyone screaming for release date but when DLC would came early with lots of bugs you guys would scream in lots of new posts on forum. Let them work on this DLC as long they want to so we will get the best udpate ever for our lovely game. Stay calm comrades.

Not that I want a buggy release, I would just like to know when this is coming I so can think about whether or not I'm going to buy it instantly and so I have some idea of how much more time they devs will be working on it. Knowing PDX, they could work on this for 2 years and there would still be a buggy release. Knowing the release date gives an idea of how much time is left in internal bug-fixing, QA, and development/edits.

• 9Like
Reactions:
CK3 Royal Court will also be released this year. I doubt that they will release them within lets say 4 weeks of each other, because the targed audience is pretty much the same, so there is not much time left for at least one of them to release........

CK3 Royal Court will also be released this year. I doubt that they will release them within lets say 4 weeks of each other, because the targed audience is pretty much the same, so there is not much time left for at least one of them to release........
Even if that's the case, NSB looks much closer to completion than the Royal Court, so if they do have a gap between these releases, I bet NSB will come first.

Reactions:
Don't wait for the DLC before at least November.

Dev diaries to come :
- AI
- Achievements
- Music and Arts
- Modding and patchlog

maybe some other if there is more content to be announced. So minimum 5 to 7 weeks from now on

Reactions:
Don't wait for the DLC before at least November.

Dev diaries to come :
- AI
- Achievements
- Music and Arts
- Modding and patchlog

maybe some other if there is more content to be announced. So minimum 5 to 7 weeks from now on
I think AI and modding can be described in one diary. And the patchlog can be released alongside with patch itself. Devs said, that And devs said that they might release a diary with minor changes in the Soviet tree, or maybe something else in the same diary. So it's probably...yes, 4 diaries, you're right

I think AI and modding can be described in one diary. And the patchlog can be released alongside with patch itself. Devs said, that And devs said that they might release a diary with minor changes in the Soviet tree, or maybe something else in the same diary. So it's probably...yes, 4 diaries, you're right
I don't think so. Those dev diaires were not grouped together in previous DLCs