• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
ModPBSWMHVIET EventsVIET ImmersionVIET TraitsARKO armoiriesARKO interfaceNBRT+
Additional Objectives 2.0YesYesIncluded
Ancient ReligionsYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes
Better looking GarbsYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes
ClearCombatYesYesYes
Council Equality modYesYesYesYes
Culturally Different CitiesYesYesYesIncludedYesYesYes
Culturally different province iconsNoYesYesYesYesYesYes
Cultures and Portraits RevampYesYesIncludedYes
Deus Meus et OmniaYesYesYes
Flavourful Titular TitlesYesNoYes
Family RelationsYes
High Kings, Consuls and other crazy thingsYesYesYesYes
High res mountain modYes
Jure uxurisYes
Kingdoms Abound Title GeneratorYes
Mazdayasna ZarathushtrishYesIncluded
Millennium: Europe 1000 ADYes
Missing CoAsYesYesYes
New Duel EngineIncludedYesYesYesYesYesYesYes
No Hassles VassalsYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes
Old AgeIncludedYesYesIncludedYesYesYesYes
Painterly CK2YesNoNo
Portrait Realignment PackYesNo?Yes
Syren's NicknamesYes
Zulu InvasionYes
I've moved the compatibility table up to the second post rather than 3rd.
Again, any assistance filling it out would be appreciated. If you know one of those mods are compatible with one or more of the modules, please do tell.
If you want any mods added to the table, please do tell.

Try a different build tool than CXFreeze. Google "how to build 32-bit embedded python for windows" and similar strings. The final solution upon which you come should be relatively trivial to execute. It's just a matter of compiling for 32-bit and linking against a proper 32-bit embedded Python library. Consider this a learning experience.

It should be relatively simple for a developer, hence making it out to be simple. I say 'relatively' in reference to how important it is if you're going to hinge the success of all these mods on it.

CXFreeze should just be a wrapper around a compiler / proper build process. If it is so limited as to only support x86-64 binaries (which is the absolute opposite of how things normally are-- over 80% of the programs installed on my system are 32-bit simply because they're only available in 32-bit), then you need to upgrade build tools. Don't just give up.

I would offer to help directly, despite not knowing any Python specifically, but a) I suspect that you don't want direct, do-it-for-you style help with this, and b) I have other unaddressed reservations about the installer that severely reduce my motivation to invest time into it.
32-bit Python + 32-bit CXfreeze is supposed to produce a working .exe, but for whatever reason the .dll it generates doesn't work.
We're still looking into alternative solutions though.

Testing the new installer on a Win7 32bit machine gives the following error:

For English, press enter. En francais, taper 'f'.
Error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 27, in <module>
File "<string>", line 0

^
SyntaxError: unexpected EOF while parsing
An error has occurred occurred. Please screenshot/copy this error and send it to
the HIP team. Press enter to exit this command line.
At least that means it is starting, so that's good!

Try this version, would you? http://www.mediafire.com/download/c7md762r1gefi28/HIP installer.7z

Same error:

For English, press enter. En francais, taper 'f'.
Error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 27, in <module>
File "<string>", line 0

^
SyntaxError: unexpected EOF while parsing
An error has occurred occurred. Please screenshot/copy this error and send it to
the HIP team. Press enter to exit this command line.
My apologies. I messed up the upload. If you could redownload and try once more?

HIP has just hit 1000 downloads, after being up for a mere 26 and a half hours!

For comparison, the most downloads any individual mod within HIP has had to my knowledge was Project Balance at ~2500 downloads, and that took roughly two months.

Now is working! It started and I went through all the steps till termination. It correctly created the necessary directories with NO odd created "Historical Immersion Project" directory outside the main "mod" directory. I'll go and test ingame now!
]

Thank you!!!!
Fantastic. I'll get the download replaced by one with the new installer soon.

The download has now been replaced, fixing the following:
  • The installer should now work on 32-bit Windows
  • Positions no longer break when PB and VIET Immersion are used together
If you're not affected by either, there's no need to redownload.

"Claims" As in the author claims it to be? Or "Claims" As in it has been proven to be? Sorry tad confused :)
Its OP says it is.
But it does seem it might've been last updated for 2.0 rather than 2.0.2 or later, so that might be the problem. I'm not sure.

I think it might be a good idea to check yourself? Ancient religions is 2.0.3... And even before Project Historical came out in a bundle, I was still having problems running Ancient religion, even with all of the compatibility packs. I don't think it's still compatible.
Looks like the compatibility bit is outdated though:
"Compatibility patches are presently not up to date."

I'll update the table to account for that.

This update accidentally broke PB+SWMH, sorry. Those who downloaded it should redownload.
If the issue affects you will be obvious enough, as there'll be a few African counties in the HRE and such.

Currently trying the version without SWMH and with VIET Immersion. I'm experiencing a more or less game breaking glitch where sailing just does not work like it should. When you click on your ships to go to a target sea zone, the ship goes through every freaking zone in the entire game, including overland sometimes, and sometimes ends up in an entirely different place from where you originally clicked. This makes, say, Great Britain games unplayable, because you just can't go anywhere but the Isles.

Unrelatedly and this is completely anectodal, but it feels like pregnancy rates are low. Playing on tutorial island, I married off every single one of the Ua Briains, and there were like two pregnancies in a decade.
Redownload and reinstall:

Gread mod guys, but could you add the version number to the readme file....I always forget which version number I am on and there is no indication

Many thanks :)
We haven't quite decided on how to do versioning yet. Once that's been decided that will probably be contained in the readme, yes.

EDIT: OK, fine, I'll admit it. Also, PB makes a downward adjustment to likelihood of conception given the size of your court (i.e., the number of courtiers, which includes any existing children, unlanded dynasty members, various nobles you've invited, etc. running around your castle). That may also be having a negative impact, but the effect of the define in defines.lua which has been tweaked is not easily quantified without actually running several long simulations and analyzing birth rates (kind of a low priority). It could also go back to the vanilla setting, as I suspect courts are even more full than usual since 2.0.
Last I heard, that actually only affects unlanded characters.

I'll reduce PB's penalty to 5% rather than 10% though, then we'll see how that does.

I've updated the installer to now support copying the files instead of moving them, if the user so desires.
It also lets you define a custom target instead of the default of "Historical Immersion Project". This will change the user_dir (where saves and such are saved) and the .mod file as well.
Here's a download for anyone who wants to try it out: http://www.mediafire.com/download/c7md762r1gefi28/HIP installer.7z
Note that the .mod file currently isn't renamed, so it'll overwrite your existing one. In the actual release it'll append the target folder (if not default) to the name.

Updated source code for those interested in that: https://gist.github.com/Meneth/8442202

XVtYAcC4uXKoQEGMemq75WCxJWzPvyHX7m9FFNYZ2jZO67OdmwA4WJGBl-1Ie7FyyUkvtDdxmoLZvFY5Z87EpIRN8XFQLrUewrWROUJyhi4ls00tVheqosj7kg

Hi! i found some bug.

when i moved army from dornsæt to defena, it took a very very long time.

i don't know that it happened in other province and what module make this problem too.

anyway, thanks for this great mod!
That might be due to the combination of PB, SWMH, and NBRT+.
Could you try deleting/renaming terrain.txt in HIP's map folder?

I installed without SWMH localized titles in the installer and yet several titles are named in nativa languages like England, Angliettere and Scotland Alba. Also William the Conqueror scenario is the first one and should probably be the third instead?
Some of SWMH's namings are applied via the landed_titles file rather than localisation, so there's sadly no decent way to override it.

As to the bookmarks, that's a Project Balance thing. That bookmark is the primary balancing point, so it is placed first.

Playing with all modules except for SWMH installed, there seems to be a problem with Zoroastrians and holding feasts. Namely, they cannot give out the titles required to be held by courtiers in order to allow feasts! This makes it quite problematic for a sprawling Zoroastrian kingdom to keep everyone happy.
I believe that's a VIET Immersion issue, via one of its integrated mods. Ordep will probably be able to fix it.

Playing with Project Balance and VIET Events / Traits and starting in the Old Gods start date you can't play as either of the counts in Iceland as they both start as count level Republics.
That's pretty much historical. The feudal system didn't really apply there, especially not before they were annexed by Norway.