• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Issue is I can't actually fix that properly, as Git completely ignores the case of the extension. So the next time I sync I'd probably overwrite it with the extension as DDS instead of dds.

Or you could change the interface/PB_decisions.gfx at line 126 and 130 to load the file with name "decision_icon_create_hre.DDS". Up to you how you want to handle it.

Or you could change the interface/PB_decisions.gfx at line 126 and 130 to load the file with name "decision_icon_create_hre.DDS". Up to you how you want to handle it.
True that. Committed to beta branch.

Redownloaded and merged everything again, same thing. Looks like it's SWMH that is causing the glitches.
Imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/SOQfy

Going to poke around the files and see if anything happens.

As seen in your screen here : http://i.imgur.com/4QbrZsf.png
The maps are mixed up somehow .... NBRT+ terrain.bmp is missing , or not shown correct.
Could be missing topology or some other files in the /map folder.

In HIP /map folder must be :

provinces.bmp
rivers.bmp
terrain.bmp
topology.bmp
trees.bmp
world_normal_height.bmp

This all must match if overlayed

As seen in your screen here : http://i.imgur.com/4QbrZsf.png
The maps are mixed up somehow .... NBRT+ terrain.bmp is missing , or not shown correct.
Could be missing topology or some other files in the /map folder.

In HIP /map folder must be :

provinces.bmp
rivers.bmp
terrain.bmp
topology.bmp
trees.bmp
world_normal_height.bmp

This all must match if overlayed

All of those are there, and I've tried changing them around, copying terrain.bmp and trees.bmp from NBRT+, same thing happened. Tried copying every file from SWMH and overwriting, same thing again. I have no idea what is going on.

All of those are there, and I've tried changing them around, copying terrain.bmp and trees.bmp from NBRT+, same thing happened. Tried copying every file from SWMH and overwriting, same thing again. I have no idea what is going on.
do you have any other mods selected in the launcher?

Nope, only HIP.
could you try uploading your map folder of HIP as it is after setting it up with SWMH and NBRT+? it looks like there is several issues but at minimum you seem to be getting a wrong topology.bmp

Sadly, that's not really all that doable to implement. One'd have to have triggers for every single even-numbered duchy. It'd probably be easy for Paradox to implement though.

One would require a creation/usurp trigger for every duchy with an even number of counties. It would be relatively easy to implement, though. Not trivial, but not rocket science, and it wouldn't even require a single dirty hack. Once implemented, it would also be quite easy to update even if Paradox's next patch totally changes de jure duchies around and invents a ton of new ones somehow. In fact, the brunt of the work to implement it would be immediately reusable for other relatively killer applications to ease maintenance, QA, and reduce bugs in mods which did not use the vanilla map, especially those that are significantly overhauling their map all the time.

Since it is not doable, 51% is still the best fix we can have. I personaly would go further for kingdoms though (67%)

Sorry to bother you with this issue again. I know you're all busy trying to get HIP working for everyone right now. But, if you do get time in the future, would you consider looking further into this. I think it's worthy of further discussion and there are some interesting ideas being proposed here. It would be nice to have this sort of thing implemented to maintain stability in the realm, and to enhance the quality of the gaming experience in general.

Sorry to bother you with this issue again. I know you're all busy trying to get HIP working for everyone right now. But, if you do get time in the future, would you consider looking further into this. I think it's worthy of further discussion and there are some interesting ideas being proposed here. It would be nice to have this sort of thing implemented to maintain stability in the realm, and to enhance the quality of the gaming experience in general.
Feel free to make a thread about it.
Do note that 50% rather than 51% is a change that only exists in PB; the rest of HIP doesn't affect it in any way.

could you try uploading your map folder of HIP as it is after setting it up with SWMH and NBRT+? it looks like there is several issues but at minimum you seem to be getting a wrong topology.bmp

Here you go: https://mega.co.nz/

I'm going to download SWMH and NBRT+ on their own and copy the files from there and see if there is any change.

Thank you for a great mod. I first tried everything but immersion. Because swmh isn't compatible with immersion. Some of those counties are just too tiny though, for me, still not able to get used to what interface changes, and I love the treason intrigue option we get with immersion. So I deleted the HIP folder in Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II and deleted everything in Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod. Extracted everything in HIP again and ran the exe again.

This time I chose yes to everything but swmh and interface. Yet when I started a campaign? I got some really crazy paths for my ships.

DfjfLEz.jpg

Is this happening because I chose no for swmh but yes for nbrt?

Oh and I have no other mods installed.

Update: After deleting everything and re-extracting and re-exing again. Still getting crazy ship paths with no for swmh, interface, and nbrt. Is there something else I should be deleting too?

Last edited:
ModPBSWMHVIET EventsVIET ImmersionVIET TraitsARKO armoiriesARKO interfaceNBRT+
Additional Objectives 2.0YesYesIncluded
Ancient ReligionsYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes
Better looking GarbsYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes
ClearCombatYesYesYes
Council Equality modYesYesYesYes
Culturally Different CitiesYesYesYesIncludedYesYesYes
Culturally different province iconsNoYesYesYesYesYesYes
Cultures and Portraits RevampYesYesIncludedYes
Deus Meus et OmniaYesYesYes
Flavourful Titular TitlesYesNoYes
Family RelationsYes
High Kings, Consuls and other crazy thingsYesYesYesYes
High res mountain modYes
Jure uxurisYes
Kingdoms Abound Title GeneratorYes
Mazdayasna ZarathushtrishYesIncluded
Millennium: Europe 1000 ADYes
Missing CoAsYesYesYes
New Duel EngineIncludedYesYesYesYesYesYesYes
No Hassles VassalsYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes
Old AgeIncludedYesYesIncludedYesYesYesYes
Painterly CK2YesNoNo
Portrait Realignment PackYesNo?Yes
Syren's NicknamesYes
Zulu InvasionYes
I've moved the compatibility table up to the second post rather than 3rd.
Again, any assistance filling it out would be appreciated. If you know one of those mods are compatible with one or more of the modules, please do tell.
If you want any mods added to the table, please do tell.

I've moved the compatibility table up to the second post rather than 3rd.
Again, any assistance filling it out would be appreciated. If you know one of those mods are compatible with one or more of the modules, please do tell.
If you want any mods added to the table, please do tell.

thanks mate!

If i find compatible mods ill make sure to tell you!

Okay, I unchecked hip on the start screen and my ship paths are fine now.

Is there anything besides the HIP folder in ck2 and everything in ck2/mod that I should be deleting when I uninstall it?

Okay, I unchecked hip on the start screen and my ship paths are fine now.

Is there anything besides the HIP folder in ck2 and everything in ck2/mod that I should be deleting when I uninstall it?

\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\HIP to re^move the sea positions cache.

In that case I really can't think of anything more that might work.
Any suggestions are appreciated.

Try a different build tool than CXFreeze. Google "how to build 32-bit embedded python for windows" and similar strings. The final solution upon which you come should be relatively trivial to execute. It's just a matter of compiling for 32-bit and linking against a proper 32-bit embedded Python library. Consider this a learning experience.

I'm looking into compiling it as a 32-bit application. It is however not quite as simple as some make it out to be. Python doesn't have all that great compilation tools.

It should be relatively simple for a developer, hence making it out to be simple. I say 'relatively' in reference to how important it is if you're going to hinge the success of all these mods on it.

It's a bit more complicated than that, as Python doesn't actually have any compilation tools inbuilt, and the 3rd party tools aren't great.
I use CXfreeze, which works pretty well, but has absolutely no option for 32-bit.
However, I believe it will compile a 32-bit version if I install 32-bit Python 3.3, and 32-bit CXfreeze. I'm going to try that out momentarily and make an .exe available for those on 32-bit systems to try out.
There are no makefiles involved. Compiling is a matter of simply calling "cxfreeze main.py" from CMD (or for the case of simplicity, a .BAT file).

CXFreeze should just be a wrapper around a compiler / proper build process. If it is so limited as to only support x86-64 binaries (which is the absolute opposite of how things normally are-- over 80% of the programs installed on my system are 32-bit simply because they're only available in 32-bit), then you need to upgrade build tools. Don't just give up.

I would offer to help directly, despite not knowing any Python specifically, but a) I suspect that you don't want direct, do-it-for-you style help with this, and b) I have other unaddressed reservations about the installer that severely reduce my motivation to invest time into it.