• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think it might be a good idea to check yourself? Ancient religions is 2.0.3... And even before Project Historical came out in a bundle, I was still having problems running Ancient religion, even with all of the compatibility packs. I don't think it's still compatible.
Looks like the compatibility bit is outdated though:
"Compatibility patches are presently not up to date."

I'll update the table to account for that.

I'm getting some trouble with this mod. At first it worked, but I jsut played for a month.
Now, whenever i start, as soon as I start the game from the launcher, the window appears and then immediatly flashes away, and the game shuts down with no error notification.
I may have tampered with the defines files but I don't think I disturbed something...

I think it might be a good idea to check yourself? Ancient religions is 2.0.3... And even before Project Historical came out in a bundle, I was still having problems running Ancient religion, even with all of the compatibility packs. I don't think it's still compatible.
Ancient Religions is actually going through a rather big overhaul, so all compatibility patches have not been updated yet. The beta version which works with 2.0.4 should be bug free, but the alpha, where the overhaul is being done, can still be pretty buggy, though there are no CTD's as far as I now.

The download has now been replaced, fixing the following:
  • The installer should now work on 32-bit Windows
  • Positions no longer break when PB and VIET Immersion are used together
If you're not affected by either, there's no need to redownload.
This update accidentally broke PB+SWMH, sorry. Those who downloaded it should redownload.
If the issue affects you will be obvious enough, as there'll be a few African counties in the HRE and such.

Ancient Religions is actually going through a rather big overhaul, so all compatibility patches have not been updated yet. The beta version which works with 2.0.4 should be bug free, but the alpha, where the overhaul is being done, can still be pretty buggy, though there are no CTD's as far as I now.

eh. Regardless. When everything becomes compatible. I'm going to become mush in my stomach because I want to use ancient religion with this so bad :p

Currently trying the version without SWMH and with VIET Immersion. I'm experiencing a more or less game breaking glitch where sailing just does not work like it should. When you click on your ships to go to a target sea zone, the ship goes through every freaking zone in the entire game, including overland sometimes, and sometimes ends up in an entirely different place from where you originally clicked. This makes, say, Great Britain games unplayable, because you just can't go anywhere but the Isles.

Unrelatedly and this is completely anectodal, but it feels like pregnancy rates are low. Playing on tutorial island, I married off every single one of the Ua Briains, and there were like two pregnancies in a decade.

Currently trying the version without SWMH and with VIET Immersion. I'm experiencing a more or less game breaking glitch where sailing just does not work like it should. When you click on your ships to go to a target sea zone, the ship goes through every freaking zone in the entire game, including overland sometimes, and sometimes ends up in an entirely different place from where you originally clicked. This makes, say, Great Britain games unplayable, because you just can't go anywhere but the Isles.

Unrelatedly and this is completely anectodal, but it feels like pregnancy rates are low. Playing on tutorial island, I married off every single one of the Ua Briains, and there were like two pregnancies in a decade.
Redownload and reinstall:
The download has now been replaced, fixing the following:
  • The installer should now work on 32-bit Windows
  • Positions no longer break when PB and VIET Immersion are used together
If you're not affected by either, there's no need to redownload.

I've noticed that as well. Fertility seems to be rather low. Even with hedonism.

Gread mod guys, but could you add the version number to the readme file....I always forget which version number I am on and there is no indication

Many thanks :)
We haven't quite decided on how to do versioning yet. Once that's been decided that will probably be contained in the readme, yes.

I've noticed that as well. Fertility seems to be rather low. Even with hedonism.
Yes, I've started to realize that PB's -10% fertility modifier has come to be something of a problem-- or at least I would say, come to be no longer necessary-- with all the fertility nerfs in the last several successive major patches. I'm not sure what Meneth thinks of removing it yet as I haven't brought the issue to him, but I've started to remove the modifier in all my playtesting/balancing work for PB, because there were simply too few heirs to being born in the game. Indeed, even with no modifier to fertility, the birth rate is still pretty weak (therefore probably about where it should be). With -10% enabled (default), not even the Capets have time to pop-out a male heir from the 1066 start sometimes, which is always sad.

That said, keep in mind that for every missing baby that you were expecting, there is usually an extra in somebody else's family. Random over long time spans is particularly harsh when it's also affected by hidden variables like actual fertility of your spouse. Some games, it just goes sour, and that uncertainty is intended. Finally, the -10% modifier PB adds is only -10%. Even if it were to be removed, you would not see a dramatic improvement.

EDIT: OK, fine, I'll admit it. Also, PB makes a downward adjustment to likelihood of conception given the size of your court (i.e., the number of courtiers, which includes any existing children, unlanded dynasty members, various nobles you've invited, etc. running around your castle). That may also be having a negative impact, but the effect of the define in defines.lua which has been tweaked is not easily quantified without actually running several long simulations and analyzing birth rates (kind of a low priority). It could also go back to the vanilla setting, as I suspect courts are even more full than usual since 2.0.

Last edited:
EDIT: OK, fine, I'll admit it. Also, PB makes a downward adjustment to likelihood of conception given the size of your court (i.e., the number of courtiers, which includes any existing children, unlanded dynasty members, various nobles you've invited, etc. running around your castle). That may also be having a negative impact, but the effect of the define in defines.lua which has been tweaked is not easily quantified without actually running several long simulations and analyzing birth rates (kind of a low priority). It could also go back to the vanilla setting, as I suspect courts are even more full than usual since 2.0.
Last I heard, that actually only affects unlanded characters.

I'll reduce PB's penalty to 5% rather than 10% though, then we'll see how that does.

I've updated the installer to now support copying the files instead of moving them, if the user so desires.
It also lets you define a custom target instead of the default of "Historical Immersion Project". This will change the user_dir (where saves and such are saved) and the .mod file as well.
Here's a download for anyone who wants to try it out: http://www.mediafire.com/download/c7md762r1gefi28/HIP installer.7z
Note that the .mod file currently isn't renamed, so it'll overwrite your existing one. In the actual release it'll append the target folder (if not default) to the name.

Updated source code for those interested in that: https://gist.github.com/Meneth/8442202

XVtYAcC4uXKoQEGMemq75WCxJWzPvyHX7m9FFNYZ2jZO67OdmwA4WJGBl-1Ie7FyyUkvtDdxmoLZvFY5Z87EpIRN8XFQLrUewrWROUJyhi4ls00tVheqosj7kg

Hi! i found some bug.

when i moved army from dornsæt to defena, it took a very very long time.

i don't know that it happened in other province and what module make this problem too.

anyway, thanks for this great mod!

XVtYAcC4uXKoQEGMemq75WCxJWzPvyHX7m9FFNYZ2jZO67OdmwA4WJGBl-1Ie7FyyUkvtDdxmoLZvFY5Z87EpIRN8XFQLrUewrWROUJyhi4ls00tVheqosj7kg

Hi! i found some bug.

when i moved army from dornsæt to defena, it took a very very long time.

i don't know that it happened in other province and what module make this problem too.

anyway, thanks for this great mod!
That might be due to the combination of PB, SWMH, and NBRT+.
Could you try deleting/renaming terrain.txt in HIP's map folder?

Works great for me. Thanks so much for the hard work all of you put into this. It was such a nice surprise when I logged in to this site on Wednesday and saw what was coming...made me very happy!! Thank you

I installed without SWMH localized titles in the installer and yet several titles are named in nativa languages like England, Angliettere and Scotland Alba. Also William the Conqueror scenario is the first one and should probably be the third instead?