• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Try a different build tool than CXFreeze. Google "how to build 32-bit embedded python for windows" and similar strings. The final solution upon which you come should be relatively trivial to execute. It's just a matter of compiling for 32-bit and linking against a proper 32-bit embedded Python library. Consider this a learning experience.

It should be relatively simple for a developer, hence making it out to be simple. I say 'relatively' in reference to how important it is if you're going to hinge the success of all these mods on it.

CXFreeze should just be a wrapper around a compiler / proper build process. If it is so limited as to only support x86-64 binaries (which is the absolute opposite of how things normally are-- over 80% of the programs installed on my system are 32-bit simply because they're only available in 32-bit), then you need to upgrade build tools. Don't just give up.

I would offer to help directly, despite not knowing any Python specifically, but a) I suspect that you don't want direct, do-it-for-you style help with this, and b) I have other unaddressed reservations about the installer that severely reduce my motivation to invest time into it.
32-bit Python + 32-bit CXfreeze is supposed to produce a working .exe, but for whatever reason the .dll it generates doesn't work.
We're still looking into alternative solutions though.

\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\HIP to re^move the sea positions cache.

Not sure what to tell you since it was working fine last night. Even tried a reboot thinking some weird temp file thing might be going on.

My ck2 folder looks like this.

xzmdMSy.png

The mod folder is completely empty.

Q1bMeYQ.png

I extract the files from the zip with 7z.

iUm8Fu5.png

Run the exe.

BULULQz.png

Which adds the modules one.

456fW90.png

Run ck2, checkmark HIP, start a campaign, raise a ship, and its got crazy paths that it actually follows on the map. When I close it and look in ck2 again I've got this.

xiZLft7.png

Anyone see anything I'm doing wrong or that shouldn't be there?

Testing the new installer on a Win7 32bit machine gives the following error:

For English, press enter. En francais, taper 'f'.
Error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 27, in <module>
File "<string>", line 0

^
SyntaxError: unexpected EOF while parsing
An error has occurred occurred. Please screenshot/copy this error and send it to
the HIP team. Press enter to exit this command line.

Testing the new installer on a Win7 32bit machine gives the following error:

Error:
File "<string>", line 0

^
An error has occurred occurred. Please screenshot/copy this error and send it to
At least that means it is starting, so that's good!

Try this version, would you? http://www.mediafire.com/download/c7md762r1gefi28/HIP installer.7z

Not sure what to tell you since it was working fine last night. Even tried a reboot thinking some weird temp file thing might be going on.

My ck2 folder looks like this.

View attachment 99310

The mod folder is completely empty.

View attachment 99311

I extract the files from the zip with 7z.

View attachment 99313

Run the exe.

View attachment 99314

Which adds the modules one.

View attachment 99315

Run ck2, checkmark HIP, start a campaign, raise a ship, and its got crazy paths that it actually follows on the map. When I close it and look in ck2 again I've got this.

View attachment 99316

Anyone see anything I'm doing wrong or that shouldn't be there?

YES , there is something wrong !

HIP Folder and HIP.mod file must be in the /mod folder , NOT in the "root" Folder of CK2 in Documents

At least that means it is starting, so that's good!

Try this version, would you? http://www.mediafire.com/download/c7md762r1gefi28/HIP installer.7z

Same error:

Error:
File "<string>", line 0

^

Same error:

Error:
File "<string>", line 0

^
My apologies. I messed up the upload. If you could redownload and try once more?

YES , there is something wrong !

HIP Folder and HIP.mod file must be in the /mod folder , NOT in the "root" Folder of CK2 in Documents

Thank you. Will try that. :)

My apologies. I messed up the upload. If you could redownload and try once more?

Now is working! It started and I went through all the steps till termination. It correctly created the necessary directories with NO odd created "Historical Immersion Project" directory outside the main "mod" directory. I'll go and test ingame now!
]

Thank you!!!!

Well it wasn't the folder thing but I figured out what it is finally. Unless I say yes to swmh? I get crazy ship paths. Maybe I just have a goofy system or something.

I've moved the compatibility table up to the second post rather than 3rd.
Again, any assistance filling it out would be appreciated. If you know one of those mods are compatible with one or more of the modules, please do tell.
If you want any mods added to the table, please do tell.
I was looking to see about compatibility with the Köppen Climate Classification mod, and I noticed that the files from that mod were already in HIP. However, it doesn't seem to be working, even after I replaced the koeppen_climate_classification_event.txt from from the previously SWMH-compatible version that was good as of 2.85. I don't know what (if anything) has changed, and even if it does work, it may need a bit of a tune-up to match the new version of SWMH. Since I'm not sure which module it was part of, I'm putting it here.

HIP has just hit 1000 downloads, after being up for a mere 26 and a half hours!

For comparison, the most downloads any individual mod within HIP has had to my knowledge was Project Balance at ~2500 downloads, and that took roughly two months.

Now is working! It started and I went through all the steps till termination. It correctly created the necessary directories with NO odd created "Historical Immersion Project" directory outside the main "mod" directory. I'll go and test ingame now!
]

Thank you!!!!
Fantastic. I'll get the download replaced by one with the new installer soon.

Well it wasn't the folder thing but I figured out what it is finally. Unless I say yes to swmh? I get crazy ship paths. Maybe I just have a goofy system or something.

Cool you give an example of these crazy ship paths? Also what mods are you using?

edit: Nevermind, got it.

Last edited:
The download has now been replaced, fixing the following:
  • The installer should now work on 32-bit Windows
  • Positions no longer break when PB and VIET Immersion are used together
If you're not affected by either, there's no need to redownload.

"Claims" As in the author claims it to be? Or "Claims" As in it has been proven to be? Sorry tad confused :)
Its OP says it is.
But it does seem it might've been last updated for 2.0 rather than 2.0.2 or later, so that might be the problem. I'm not sure.

Its OP says it is.
But it does seem it might've been last updated for 2.0 rather than 2.0.2 or later, so that might be the problem. I'm not sure.

I think it might be a good idea to check yourself? Ancient religions is 2.0.3... And even before Project Historical came out in a bundle, I was still having problems running Ancient religion, even with all of the compatibility packs. I don't think it's still compatible.