• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations on this mod!

I have a little problem. No matter which combination of modules I try, some rulers have blank/black portraits. Is there a solution to that? I have all dlc enabled if that means anything.

Congratulations on this mod!

I have a little problem. No matter which combination of modules I try, some rulers have blank/black portraits. Is there a solution to that? I have all dlc enabled if that means anything.
I imagine you're using VIET Immersion?
To my knowledge that issue is caused by you lacking some of the portrait DLC. The old VIET download used to include a fix, but we forgot to include that in this download (and we'll have to find a decent way to do so).

ARKO, PB, VIET, NBRT+. The main issue is that coat of arms for most of the landed dynasties are just either blank or incorrectly placed. Not sure if that's due to an integration issue, or what it could be.
Which VIET Modules?
Most likely VIET Immersion is the culprit since that has a dynasties file of its own.

Are the sub modules of PB (like No Ahistorical Empires) compatible with the rest of the mods in this version of HIP?
All of them should work with ARKO, NBRT+, SWMH, and VIET Events.
Some of them might break together with VIET Immersion; I'm not sure.

Note that right now the Module Pack isn't actually actively supported, but it will likely be revived for one of the next few releases of HIP once we figure out the best way to do so.

Could I ask for a few clarifications, please? :)

1) In the "readme" for those who can't do .exe files, does the manual installation need to be done after the automatic installation instructions listed, or instead of it?
2) As per step 1, where do the modules folder and HIP.mod need extracting to? Into a Historical Immersion Project folder in /CKII/mods created for the purpose, or somewhere else?

Could I ask for a few clarifications, please? :)

1) In the "readme" for those who can't do .exe files, does the manual installation need to be done after the automatic installation instructions listed, or instead of it?
2) As per step 1, where do the modules folder and HIP.mod need extracting to? Into a Historical Immersion Project folder in /CKII/mods created for the purpose, or somewhere else?
1) Instead of. I'll clarify that in the next release
2) Your mod folder. I'll clarify that in the next release

Thank you very much!

To my knowledge that issue is caused by you lacking some of the portrait DLC. The old VIET download used to include a fix, but we forgot to include that in this download (and we'll have to find a decent way to do so).

Which VIET Modules?
Most likely VIET Immersion is the culprit since that has a dynasties file of its own.

All of them should work with ARKO, NBRT+, SWMH, and VIET Events.
Some of them might break together with VIET Immersion; I'm not sure.

Note that right now the Module Pack isn't actually actively supported, but it will likely be revived for one of the next few releases of HIP once we figure out the best way to do so.

Immersion I believe. So then what should be done? Do I delete the dynasties file inside the VIET folder and then remerge?

Ah, you're correct. I thought I had all dlc but after checking, I was missing the celtic and russian portrait dlc which I've just purchased. Problem fixed, thank you!

I notice that the custom interface causes an issue with the outliner where a scrollbar covers the right end of any text. Is this the correct spot to report that or should it be moved somewhere else?

I notice that the custom interface causes an issue with the outliner where a scrollbar covers the right end of any text. Is this the correct spot to report that or should it be moved somewhere else?
The ARKO thread would be the best place to report that, as that's where Arko is the most likely to see it.

Which VIET Modules?
I have a merged 00_dynasties.txt file of Arko and VIET; all the ARKO COAs are used and in many cases ARKO's names, but in cases of the Muslim names I kept the -id names; and where vanilla dynasties had COAs and ARKO didn't, I kept those as well.
http://erbkaiser.com/viet/arkovietdynasties.zip

Edit: seems to still work with HIP

Last edited:
Will 00_dynasties.txt have to be deleted in BOTH PB_VIETImmersion and regular VIET_immersion, I wonder?
PB_VIET_Immersion will be enough. Right now the two are mutually exclusive.

Next version the installer should take care of the issue.

I can't open it no matter what I do, tried everything mentioned in the thread. Anyone on a 32-system who's been able to get it to work?

I can't open it no matter what I do, tried everything mentioned in the thread. Anyone on a 32-system who's been able to get it to work?
Did you make sure to redownload it? The version fixing the installer problems some users were experienced was uploaded 50 minutes ago.

If it still doesn't work, is there any sort of error message?

Slight fix to the ARKO version of dynasties - dynasty #1029055 should be

"1029055 = {
name="al-Idarisah"
culture = maghreb_arabic
}

Was uncapitalised and not formatted properly.

Also, in bookmarks, perhaps place Stamford Bridge back ahead of William the Conqueror? Just strange on the senses at first.