• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How about we nominate Bibliophile?
Anyway, that's my suggestion.
This is written as if it hides a pinch of hesitation behind it;
well, that is a WONDERFUL suggestion, thus it deserves its moment:

1639522584426.gif

[filcat]: All right, you heard the call to arms from Macavity116; everyone, ready? | [guitars one and two]: Ready! | [vocal]: Ready!
[after deafening heavy solo, drums]: Boo-yah! Ready! | [filcat]: Sigh. Anyway, then - wait. Where is bass? |
[bass]: Err... I'm here mate? | [filcat]: Where the faq is the bass?? | [bass]: I'm right beside you! I'm ready! |
[filcat]: Anyway, bass may join later, hopefully. | [bass]: What da faq??? | [filcat]: All right; here we go!

A flash in the night, a journey through time
The writAARs are back on the posts
Guarded by prowess and the will to survive
All led by the Macavity116's light

Angels of mercy, guardians of time
Commented and posted through the eternal flame
The new fan will slowly arise

Heeding The Call, one and for all
Never surrender, with glory we’ll fall
WritAARs unite, let’s stand up and write
congratulating @Bibliophile
We are Heeding The Call

One step ahead, revealing the past
United, together we stand
The call of the thunder, the sign to begin
Bibliophile we will congratulate

Angels of mercy, our journey must proceed
With AARs all filled up with comments
The lifeblood that we all need

Heeding The Call, one and for all
Never surrender, with glory we’ll fall
WritAARs unite, let’s stand up and write
congratulating Bibliophile
We are Heeding The Call [*]​

1639524103628.gif

[*] Appropriated from Heeding to Call of the album Legacy of Kings by Hammerfall (1998)
[**] Fun, mildly irrelevant, very obscure (self)cross-reference. Edit, forgotten line: Not the character, the film; ref to film. Lol.

Edit: Removed chain-quote. Corrected grammatical mistakes.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Congratulations!

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I am as extremely happy today as I was yesterday when I first received the notification :). Thank you all for your kind words. I didn’t think my comments were anything noteworthy but it feels heartwarming to see that their appreciated. I will confess I have only the vaguest understanding of this thread. When should I go about passing on this award?

• 5Like
Reactions:
I am as extremely happy today as I was yesterday when I first received the notification :). Thank you all for your kind words. I didn’t think my comments were anything noteworthy but it feels heartwarming to see that their appreciated. I will confess I have only the vaguest understanding of this thread. When should I go about passing on this award?
The traditional time to pass on to your successor is Sunday :)

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Well the time has come for me to pass this on. Thank you to everyone for the congratulations this past week as it has meant a lot to me.
Now, as to the new recipient of the reward, I have decided to give it to @The Meme King . Another recent but frequent commenter on The Last Days of the Han, I have enjoyed his commentary before; but what solidifies this decision for me is their, as I call it, ranking of character morality. This list (found at the top of page 22 on The Last Days of the Han) is their observation on the recent moral standings of the AAR’s main characters, ranked from who he views as most virtuous to least. I find it very useful for people currently reading the AAR as a means of showing what characters have done at this point, giving a reminder of the characters personalities, and showing how much some characters have changed from who they once were.
Congratulations to @The Meme King !

• 6Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
[Chorus]
One day, in the year of the fox
Came a time remembered well
When the strong young Bibliophile of the rising sun
Heard the tolling of the great black bell
One day in the year of the fox
When the bell began to ring
It meant the time had come for one to go
To the temple of the king

[Verse]
There in the middle of the circle the fan stands
Searching, seeking
With just one touch of the fan’s trembling hand
The answer will be found
Daylight waits while the old writAARs sing
AARland
help me!
And then like the rush of a thousand wings
It shines upon the one
And the day had just begun

[Chorus]x1

[Verse2]

There in the middle of the people the fan stands
Seeing, feeling
With just a wave of a strong right hand, the fan's gone
To the temple of the king

[Mandatory solo 2:27-3:24]

[Verse3]
Far from the circle, at the edge of the world
The fan's hoping, wondering
Thinking back from the stories the fan's heard of
What the fan's gonna see
There, in the middle of a circle it lies
AARland help me!
Then all could see by the shine in the fan’s eyes
The answer had been found

Back with the AARlanders in the circle the fan stands
Cheering, reveling
With just one touch of a strong right hand, they know
The new fan is @The Meme King [*]

[*] Appropriated from The Temple of the King of the album Rainbow by Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow (1975); lyrics by Ritchie Blackmore and Ronnie James Dio

• 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Congratulations @The Meme King, may this award tempt you out to other boards. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Whoa! Thank you all for the honour! Sorry I could not respond earlier as I was busy during the holidays, I'm sure you can all understand. Either way, I am not only grateful for being the recipient but would like to thank you guys for even having an event like this in the first place, it feels very cool to have the community shout out commenters.
Without further ado, my pick for the new recipient is going to be @filcat ! I have also been reading and enjoying @Revan86 's The Lions of Olomouc : A CKIII Ironman AAR (Duchy of Moravia, 867). and it's been a blast watching filcat add not only their trademark verses but also seeing both filcat and revan discussing the historicity, language and culture of the regions mentioned, even going into detail about the sources they both use to make their statements.
Filcat helped make what was already a fantastically well written and researched AAR into an educational experience that made me become more knowledgeable about the slavic cultures mentioned in it, so that is why I picked them.
Congratulations @filcat !!! Keep going at it buddy!

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: