• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sorry for being a day late. It completely slipped my mind until now that I had to find a successor. I suppose I should start with some AARs I've enjoyed recently. As mentioned before, I don't read as many AARs as I used to, but there are a few authors that I try to read all their AARs as they come out.

I think it only fitting my first recommendation be zenphoenix and his The Hohenzollern Empire 4: Götterdämmerung - A Roman Reich Megacampaign. I'm not just recommending this AAR because zen nominated me, but because it is an incredibly detailed and interesting AAR. Part of a megacampaign following the Hohenzollerns, zen has crafted an astonishing alternate reality. He also pumps out quality updates at a rate that still amazes me. Where he find the time and willpower to write that much is beyond me.

I also can't ignore RedTemplar's The Envy of Kings - A Latin Empire CK2 Campaign Continuation. Part of a campaign that started in CK2 and is unfortunately coming to an end, it follows the Latin Empire, the true successor to Rome, having been formed by the de Zadorra's of Navarre. I've always been a huge fan of RedTemplar's writing, for it is both immersive and easy to get into. I believe he's starting a new project soon, so I'd recommend keeping an eye out for that.

I've also always been a huge fan of Avindian, and it's probably his AARs that got me interested in these forums to begin with. His The [Re-]Unification of the Norse -- part 2 of the Hvitserk megacampaign has kept my interest for quite some time, what with Avindian's refreshing writing style and captivating narrative. He's also recently jumped into the world of Let's Plays with Let's Play Stellaris: Utopia -- The Revenge of Krikkit, so I recommend giving that a view if you're interested in that type of thing.

I've been thinking about what type of person I'd like to pick as my successor. Ideally, I'd like to pick someone who posts thoughtful comments on all AARs they read and someone who preferably hasn't won this award half a dozen times, but it's increasingly harder to find someone that fits both categories, especially since I don't read that many AARs anymore. So instead I decided to look where it's easiest to find someone, mainly my own iAAR. While everyone participating in my iAAR would technically be roleplaying, and thus better fit the now defunct Roleplayer of the Month award, I still think some could fit the category of a fan. There have been several individuals that have participated in my iAAR for months or even over a year now, so I've had plenty of time to make note of the more dedicated of the bunch. These are the people who have stuck by me through the rough times, always providing constructive feedback when needed and helping create a more enjoyable experience for everyone involved. Regardless of the quality of everyone's writing, there are always those that make themselves known simply through dedicated participation. Of course, I can only pick one winner of the award. After some thought, I have decided that alscon deserves this award. He's been part of my iAAR for a long time now. Throughout it all, he's provided helpful feedback when I needed to implement changes to mechanics, provided ideas for narratives or events that have since shaped the world in my iAAR, and never failed to have the most vocal of characters regardless of how much power he held. So congratulations @alscon on becoming the next Fan of the Week. :)

Very many congratulations @alscon

That's a pleasant suprise. Thanks all :). With a bit more time right now, I've been meaning to read a bit more again other than being involved in succession games, iAAR and my own one to provide the valued currency of the commentary every writAAR likes to see. So this can be some extra motivation. And I've got at least some AARs in mind right now. :)

PS: Power is overrated. Though interesting to be able to execute people on a whim, it gets stale after a while. Opposition work on the other hand never ends, is simple enough and always fun (as long as you aren't the one executed) :p.

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Thanks again. :) Though I fear I may not be able to give many or varied suggestions right now, so here are two narrative CK II AARs:

As a fairly young AAR, I can suggest to give Before Plantagenet - A House d'Anjou AAR by JabberJock14 a look. Starting with the count of Tours Foulques d'Anjou in 1066, the Angevin Empire in some form of another is the goal. But the story is what matters, and it is a great one so far. Various distinctive characters discussing the many joys of feudal politics - the marriage game, strategies in battle, lands changing hands... all included in a great scheme where everyone has his own plans.

With this AAR just having started, my other recommendation has emerged out of a fairly long hiatus - And did those feet (a Kingdom of Jerusalem AAR) by WhiteHawk. Baudoin the Leper of Jerusalem stands at the beginning of this story, and it is a rich tale of intrigue and war just as much as one of piety and sin. The long hiatus ended on April 1st without being April's fools, and if I get around to reading the last chapter so far, this story deserves every support to keep it going.

As for the next nominee, I've been thinking that a fan ideally manages to provide inspiration through the comment, motivation to go on, may advance the story in a way the authAAR perhaps hasn't thought of before. A guess, an analysis, sharing an opinion on some event. And (not only) in a world shaped by many different characters and players, the eternal battle between the player's plans and the AI. I haven't read that many normal AARs lately, and succession games offer such persons as well. Where it is just as helpful considering that there are many players with manifold styles and plans. And so I name @TheTeaMustFlow as the next Fan of the Week. His non-canon states of the world have had a great impact on the AAR as a whole, just as the opinion on how it can go on is always appreciated. Congratulations!

Did not expect that. Thanks very much!

Also, that reminds me, I need to do another one.

Just to clarify, I choose someone and mention some interesting AARs this time next week, correct?

Did not expect that. Thanks very much!

Also, that reminds me, I need to do another one.

Just to clarify, I choose someone and mention some interesting AARs this time next week, correct?
Very many congratulations.

And yes, it is traditional to mention some of the AARs you have been reading, and then pass it on in a week's time (usually Sunday/Monday).

Congratulations! :) To answer your question, you need to nominate a new fan come Sunday or Monday at the latest. It is customary and very much appriciated if you mention some interesting AARs too! :)

Congrats @TheTeaMustFlow! :D

My fellows have already elaborated on the usual custom, but beyond the basics, it's up to you -- other fans have, for example, shared a little about themselves, thanked other fans and / or writers personally for their interest and assistance, said a few words about what they typically look for in an AAR or how they go about leaving comments, etc.

Not saying you have to do all (or any) of these things yourself, but if you want to, the floor is yours :)

Congratulations!

Congrats @TheTeaMustFlow ! Given my being a fan of tea and trying new flavours often, I couldn't agree more with your chosen username. You being a fan of AARland is of course another huge plus.

Congratulations