• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations @El Pip :)
Congratulations!
Congratulations @El Pip and please start to like our glorious union :D
Congratulations @El Pip!
I mean, how else would you celebrate?! :confused:
Congrats!
Thanks all. :)

What a top-notich idea for a nomination. Let us all celebrate @El Pip with some gratuitous tea-drinking with Rule Britannia playing softly in the background;)

Seriously though, congratulations.
I thought you were being serious. That is certainly how I celebrate notable events, possibly upgrading to a whisky should the sun be over the yard arm.
Z3wSg01.gif

A brandy and a cigar in the smoking room, perhaps?
Brandy sounds worryingly French
Brandy is somewhat French, but then I recall a saying from the Napoleonic Wars;
"It is the role of the French Admiralty to build ships, that the Royal Navy might capture them and put them to proper use."
A similar saying could be applied to Brandy, the French may produce it but only a British gentlemen possessed of a fully equipped and operational smoking room may use it correctly.

my favorite brandy is Armenian, the brandies of Caucaus is great and not French :)
Something I shall certainly have to try. :)

Thank you @Wraith11B for the thoughtful nomination and the generous words. I shall endeavour to name my successor tomorrow to get us back on the weekend to weekend cycle.

Only a little bit late it is time to name my successor. After careful consideration one name stood out, a reader and contributor of such incredible prowess and erudite wisdom that he has been awarded the Slovak Golden Hip-flask, an honour few can hope to ever achieve.

I am, of course, talking about @nuclearslurpee your new Fan of the Week. Congratulations sir, richly deserved.

Congratulations @nuclearslurpee - who makes me laugh - and a late congratulations to @El Pip - who is funny in his own way.

Congratulations!

Many congratulations

Only a little bit late it is time to name my successor. After careful consideration one name stood out, a reader and contributor of such incredible prowess and erudite wisdom that he has been awarded the Slovak Golden Hip-flask, an honour few can hope to ever achieve.

I am, of course, talking about @nuclearslurpee your new Fan of the Week. Congratulations sir, richly deserved.
I of course offer many thanks to Lord El Pip for kindly noticing me after the entire rest of the competition mysteriously disappeared under suspicious circumstances, and also for the hip flask which of course occupies a place of honor atop my mantelpiece.

Great nomination! Warmest congrats Professor @nuclearslurpee :)

Congratulations @nuclearslurpee - who makes me laugh - and a late congratulations to @El Pip - who is funny in his own way.

Congratulations!

Many congratulations

And thank you all for your congratulations and complimentary speeches! I shall have El Pip commission for you honorary Slovakian hip flasks of the normal metallic type, as metal hip flasks seem to be the only thing Slovakia has in abundance, anyways.

----

And now, so as not to unduly delay the progress of this thread, I should like to bring attention to a far more deserving forumAAR who has caught my attention for his variety of posts ranging from insightful fact-filled commentary to in-character roleplaying. @roverS3 come on down!

Another great nomination of an excellent commentatAAR - congrats @roverS3 :)

Congratulations!

A fine choice, congratulations @roverS3 . :)

Many congratulations

Another great nomination of an excellent commentatAAR - congrats @roverS3 :)
Congratulations comrade @roverS3
Congratulations!
Many congratulations
Thank you for your congratulations and compliments.
A fine choice, congratulations @roverS3 . :)
I will quote you on that if I ever set up an online dating profile... If @El Pip says I'm a fine choice, surely the ladies will flock to me in droves.:D

Of all the AAR's I'm reading at the moment, I'd like to recommend two recently started AARs which deserve more attention:
- "A wehraboo and a hat in charge of Italy" A story AAR by @Farsky , which delivers exactly what the title implies and more. Go and bask in the glory of the Super-Heavy Battleship 'Emperor Tiger', poke fun of the Italian hat with spaghetti hands, and marvel at the crazy world of Italian tank design. It's light, humorous, and rather brilliant.
- Utsunimiya's War - HoI3(TFH) Japan AAR | Paradox Interactive Forums by @Eurasia , a place where the readAARs can be part of the story, even more so than in other works. In the latest update, the Kempetai prepared to strike back at the rowdy SHBB-lobby (aka. "Veterans of Tsushima") by enlisting the help of the Yakuza. I'm not sure where this will end, but it's definitely a lot of fun. Captain (retired) RobaS3's is amongst the targets. :eek:

Let's move this along. Somewhat uncharacteristically, I'm nominating someone who isn't the most prolific of commentAARs. (at least more recently, as far as I could find out from his profile). That said, @coz1 provides a great service to both the writers and fans of AARland by organising the yearly AARland Year-end AwAARds:
The 2019 Yearly AARland Year-end AwAARds

I realise that February is a bit late to still be raising awareness for this event, but I'm taking this opportunity to do so anyway. There are multiple ways to show your appreciation to your favourite writAARs, running the OscAARs is definitely up there. It is a celebration of the AAR and tends to feature excellent works from all over the forum. Thank you @coz1 for bringing the forum's AAR fans together in this yearly tradition. May it live on for many more years, and may there be ever more voters and nominees. I hope to see you all vote in next year's edition. If there was such a thing, and it was mine to give, I might well award @coz1 'fan of the year', but as it doesn't, 'fan of the week' will have to do.