• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Farsky

Sergeant
42 Badges
Jun 18, 2016
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
Sooo ummm ….. Hi?

This is my first ever AAR ..i got some inspiration from other AAR in this forum and I decided to do one with my own spin.

This AAR will be told from the perspective of a wehraboo put in place as the god(or the player if you prefer :p ) in charge of Italy during WW2

Its is going to be kind of a story driven as he TRIES to guide Italy to victory while fighting against the Allies and against his own disgust for the despicable Italians who dragged his perfect,flawless,magnificent,grand,pure and innocent Wehrmacht down during the war.

20/20 Hindsight will be used heavily.I will also be doing heavy use of dialog and some story elements

So hopefully you guys will enjoy this.Any Feedback is welcomed as wel as grammar correction since english is not my native language.

and with that done with...let's go eat some past …. i mean ..... lets go fight the war!

• 1Like
Reactions:
I opened my eyes groggily and blinked ...where was I??

Last thing i remember i was fighting a vicious battle in the comments of a youtube video against an idiot who refused to accept the superiority of the amazing King Tiger..the nerve of that idiot..

“Ah you are finally awake,slooourp…..Took you long enough”

I turned my head on the side and saw a…..a feathered hat?

on3231__1.jpg

And.. wait… was the hat floating and speaking….. AND EATING PASTA???

“What are you looking at me like that for? I am NOT giving you my pasta”

I pinched myself ...surely this had to be a dream!

“Stop pinching yourself this is not a dream. You are being punished by GOHI ”

I tried to make sense of what he was saying but without much success ...so my option was to ask the hat.

“GOHI?”

“Yeah the God Of Historical Inaccuracies. You were posting so much crap online that he decided to punish you. Probably scared you would steal his job if you ask me.”

I immediately bristled “How dare you call the historical facts of the magnificence of the wehrmacht as cr...”

“Yeah Yeah whatever, We must begin your punishment so look down now”

Map of Europe 1936

“Umm a map of Europe?”

“Yes this is a map of Europe at 1st of January 1936. GOHI has recreated the world as it was back then. Your task will be to lead the Axis to victory this time around”

I immediately perked up thinking about it...i could lead the Glorious Wehrmacht to final victory??

“I can..i can lead the Wehrmacht myself??”

The hat turned around and even though it didn't have eyes i could somehow feel he was looking at me disdainfully

“What part about this being a punishment did you miss peanut brain? Yes you will have to lead the Axis to victory in this alternate world but not as Germany”

The screen below me moved in and zoomed above a familiar boot shape

Metropolitan Italy 1936

“You will be in charge of Italy” said the hat ,glee evident in his voice.

“NOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo”

Last edited:
Good luck! Great to see another HOI3 AAR. Great premise as well and good to see it will be a bit comedic too - WW2 Italy certainly lends itself to that! Your writing is very good if English is a secondary language for you.

Since you asked: Grammar is excellent - just a few typos/misspellings (maybe more keyboard or auto fill etc, eg “superiority”.)

ps: had to Google wehraboo to get an accurate definition - and was most amused. :D Fighting as Italy is certainly a suitable act of atonement.

Welcome to the AAR club. :cool:

• 1Like
Reactions:
Sitting down inside the white space i was still dazed trying to understand my predicament

Unfortunately my only source of info was a floating and currently giggling floating hat.

I took a deep breath and tried to gather my thoughts

“First things first. Who are you?”

The stupid feathered hat managed to stop giggling (And thanks Rommel for that!) and answered me

“I am called Personification of All Stereotypes Targeting Italy…. But you can just call me PASTA”

“..where did the last A come from?”

Pasta appeared out of this air and started flowing inside the hat while munching noises were heard.

“Get to work organizing your country”,he said ignoring the question.

I blinked “So what happens if i lose?”

"Then GOHI will take away all of your knowledge about the Wehrmacht “

I fainted.

Once I woke up I gritted my teeth,fought back the bile rising in my throat when looking at Italy and following the guidance of PASTA i started organizing it. My knowledge about the sumpreme military on Earth was on the line!!!

I first checked the current diplomatic situation and after some thought i ordered PASTA to take care of trading. Apparently he has a degree in economics from Pastawart the Hat's school for Economics and Hairlines.

Then I took care of my politics

I was quite satisfied with my ministers. Especially Guido Jung who would be very beneficial to Italy’s lacking industry

and R&D department.

I decided to focus mostly on infantry and my industry for now since the Italian R&D department was quite limited compared to the amazing capabilities of the Germans.

I also paid some attention to bringing the technology of Battleships up to date. I would need some modern ships to be able to contest the Royal Navy in the med

And ofc TANKS!! I knew that the most important part about the upcoming war were going to be tanks! I HAD to bring Italy into the modern era of tanks as soon as possible...speaking of which what are our current tanks like?

17465a90b5a4f99d919ab59946a92103.jpg

Italian L3/35 Tankette​

I started tearing my hair out.

“WHAT IS THAT??WHAT THE F*** IS THAT???”

Behind me I heard Pasta exclaiming “Ohhhh it's adorable!I will name you Luigi”

Trying to forget the cursed image and vowing to fire the idiot who designed that i went to deal with my Industry next.

Now I may not know everything about Italy like i do with the germans (Praise Rommel!!!) but I do know that their industrial sector wasn't the best.So i decided to fix that.

Hopefully by the time that was done i would be able to produce some capable battleships.

And now I have to take the dreaded step. I took a deep breath and prepared to deal with the organization of the armed forces.

• 1Like
Reactions:
For sure humorous, interested to know the direction you take your forces!

Reactions:
I was just thinking that we could use another comedic AAR to balance out all the seriousness (well the little bits of seriousness) on this sub-forum. I've had a plan for a fun Italy AAR in the back of my mind, and then you go and do this? :mad:;) Just kidding, I have my plate full with many other things, and this premise has promise (see what I did there, it rhymes... You have my permission to roll your eyes). Also, revenge against wehraboos definitely falls into my definition of fun!

Just a small reminder for your Wehraboo, and his PASTA hat: "pssst... building more industry won't solve the Axis's looming resource shortages, and you're letting the hat trade, so good luck building up the right stockpiles."
Of course, it would be in character for a Wehraboo to entirely ignore the fact that the European Axis's resource situation was quite bad, especially where Oil and 'Rares' are concerned, and that building more industry wouldn't have solved anything. In the mind of a Wehraboo, a king tiger magically always has a full tank of fuel after all, and thus the more industry you build, the more king tigers you can build, and the more king tigers you build, the more fuel you have... stop me when I go too far :rolleyes:. Or maybe don't stop me, it's up to you. Also King Tigers have the most reliable transmission in the history of automotive engineering.

I put on Wagner to read this, and it just makes it even better.

Best of luck with this AAR. Great job so far.

Reactions:
AHHH RIGHT...ETHIOPIA...

After steeling myself i turned to PASTA

“Right.Time to look at our current armed forces.Let's start with the airforce”

I got no answer.Only a weird sound came floating to my ears..it sounded like… snoring??

“Are you sleeping when my most important knowledge is on the line?!?”,I shouted while pulling the hat by its feathers.

“Aou-Ouch Stop you idiot!It's time for my pisolino!!”

“Your what?”

“My pennichella?”

“Ummmm….”

“My riposo you idiot!!

“....I still don't get it”

“MY SIESTA YOU UNCULTURED SWINE”

I blinked

“You have 3 different words for siesta?”

“OFC WE DO! Now leave me alone and deal with the army on your own”

The hat flipped upside down...apparently that was his sleeping position.

“And before I forget it,''his voice came muffled and already sleepy,”you are already at war.”

...Wait WHAT??

Ethiopian Front 1st of January 1936

Aaaaa right Ethiopia! Yeah well ofc i forgot a minor event like that that happened before WW2.

It's not like any of these events played any important role later on after all.My attention was always focused on the more important events that happened after 1939.

But in any case that means i will have to organize this front first and fix the rest while the war is going on .

It shouldn't be too hard to win the war after all the enemy barely has guns!

Lets see what we have available down there…

Huh 6 Corps and an additional division.That should be plenty to beat down some natives that probably have antique weapons at best..hmm?....Waaaiiiitt…

"WHY ARE MOST OF MY TROOPS MILITIA??!!"

And why are they equipped with weapons that were old when the FIRST World War was fought??

Gottverdammt Italy!!!!

And each of my proper Infantry division has only 2 brigades in it? If i remember correctly they call this a binary division ...it can't be that all of Italy's divisions are binary right?It must be just because they are colonial troops ...right?

Regardless of all that it was time to trim down the command chain and push to finish this annoyance.

Cod Sup. Africa OOB

From Eritrea
1st to 4th Corp with

14 Infantry Brigades organized in 7 “Divisions” (if you want to be charitable)
2 Alpini Brigades organized in 1 Division
17 Militia Brigades organized in 6 Divisions

From Somalia
The Libico Corp with

2 Infantry Brigades organized in 1 Division
10 Militia Brigades organized in 3 Divisions

It wasn't much and it wasn't glamorous but it would do.We also had the support of 2 air groups

And while the planes didn't look ...amazing lets just say..

vg576of8FbcDeX4XK3tld9-bNMKsrZi_qqktP5ELH3zOW7nF8YZz_wBtfv5iw308Hpd3Al9qYXJcSW48bLCBSCMbpiRHuV9cwIp4SZfTZHbKikhMv3UUvUoHGh3hhdUaWUizesv7

Italian Caproni CA.111 Bomber over Ethiopia

...even they would be okay against ETHIOPIANS!

Since the enemy wasn't on the border I ordered a general attack on all fronts by my infantry and the barely organized rubbl..*cough cough* i mean the militia...

Ingenious attack plan against Ethiopia by the Italians

It's just Ethiopians after all..it's not like they would have tanks or anything to stop us...All we needed was a capable commander and this war would be a cakewalk...who was in charge of this front btw?

“....I don't know what I was expecting….”

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-21_18-55-22.jpeg
    upload_2020-1-21_18-55-22.jpeg
    5,4 KB · Views: 8
Good luck! Great to see another HOI3 AAR. Great premise as well and good to see it will be a bit comedic too - WW2 Italy certainly lends itself to that! Your writing is very good if English is a secondary language for you.

Since you asked: Grammar is excellent - just a few typos/misspellings (maybe more keyboard or auto fill etc, eg “superiority”.)

ps: had to Google wehraboo to get an accurate definition - and was most amused. :D Fighting as Italy is certainly a suitable act of atonement.

Welcome to the AAR club. :cool:

Thank you kindly for all the good words.And yes while i am not one of the Italy bashers their perfomance in WW2 certantly lends itself well to comedy.
Also glad i made you aware of the dangerous species of wehraboos :D They are very aggresive in every open conversation about the history off WW2 throught the web so beware :mad:

For sure humorous, interested to know the direction you take your forces!
Thank you!I hope you wont be dissapointed

I was just thinking that we could use another comedic AAR to balance out all the seriousness (well the little bits of seriousness) on this sub-forum. I've had a plan for a fun Italy AAR in the back of my mind, and then you go and do this? :mad:;) Just kidding, I have my plate full with many other things, and this premise has promise (see what I did there, it rhymes... You have my permission to roll your eyes). Also, revenge against wehraboos definitely falls into my definition of fun!
Seriousness in this subforoum?Could have fooled me... :D And hey if you had that idea now you get to enjoy it without all the hard work of making it!
It also seems we have very similar definitions of fun :p

Just a small reminder for your Wehraboo, and his PASTA hat: "pssst... building more industry won't solve the Axis's looming resource shortages, and you're letting the hat trade, so good luck building up the right stockpiles."
Of course, it would be in character for a Wehraboo to entirely ignore the fact that the European Axis's resource situation was quite bad, especially where Oil and 'Rares' are concerned, and that building more industry wouldn't have solved anything. In the mind of a Wehraboo, a king tiger magically always has a full tank of fuel after all, and thus the more industry you build, the more king tigers you can build, and the more king tigers you build, the more fuel you have... stop me when I go too far :rolleyes:. Or maybe don't stop me, it's up to you. Also King Tigers have the most reliable transmission in the history of automotive engineering.

I put on Wagner to read this, and it just makes it even better.

Best of luck with this AAR. Great job so far.
While i am not realy an old hand in HOI3 (since i discovered it a few months before 4 came out) i do know about stockpiles...but its a lot of effort and micromanagement so i propably wont bother making giant stockpiles..If (or more likely WHEN) shortages come i am sure that the superior germans will have a solution...right?
And about the King Tiger *uses Palpatine voice* "Have i ever told you about the tragedy of Kind Tiger the heavy?"
if you search these words on youtube you will get a nice little gem :cool:

Ok, I laughed at the introduction :D

it can't be that all of Italy's divisions are binary right?It must be just because they are colonial troops ...right?
I'm sure you can find one triangular Division. Maybe look in-between the couch-cushions.

While i am not realy an old hand in HOI3 (since i discovered it a few months before 4 came out) i do know about stockpiles...but its a lot of effort and micromanagement so i propably wont bother making giant stockpiles..If (or more likely WHEN) shortages come i am sure that the superior germans will have a solution...right?
Yes, the Germans will have a brilliant solution. Not to spoil anything, but it involves declaring a war against a large oil-producing country with a massive army, only to figure out that Germany doesn't even have enough oil for the panzers to fight their way to said oil fields, and even if they would have gotten there, all the installations would have been so thoroughly destroyed they would be out of commission for several years. Also, there's Romania, but they don't produce enough oil to meet German needs, let alone Italian ones.

Seriousness in this subforoum?Could have fooled me... :D And hey if you had that idea now you get to enjoy it without all the hard work of making it!
It also seems we have very similar definitions of fun :p
Indeed, all of the laughs, none of the effort, brilliant really.

And about the King Tiger *uses Palpatine voice* "Have i ever told you about the tragedy of Kind Tiger the heavy?"
if you search these words on youtube you will get a nice little gem :cool:
It's high art.

Maybe I'm too late with this, but if you want to go the ridiculous route with the Regia Marina, you can always go for SHBBs, because bigger is always better. The King Tiger is all the proof you need for that. Also why should the Japanese have the biggest battleships in the world? Unless you feel that it would be disrespectful of the incredible and invincible Kriegsmarine, for the Italian Navy to field anything larger than Bismarck, and the Japs have no manners.

This AAR will be told from the perspective of a wehraboo put in place as the god(or the player if you prefer :p ) in charge of Italy during WW2

Its is going to be kind of a story driven as he TRIES to guide Italy to victory while fighting against the Allies and against his own disgust for the despicable Italians who dragged his perfect,flawless,magnificent,grand,pure and innocent Wehrmacht down during the war.
Oh, Lord, not another one of--
“Yeah the God Of Historical Inaccuracies. You were posting so much crap online that he decided to punish you. Probably scared you would steal his job if you ask me.”

I immediately bristled “How dare you call the historical facts of the magnificence of the wehrmacht as cr...”

“Yeah Yeah whatever, We must begin your punishment so look down now”
Oh, no wait, this could actually be good. :p
“You will be in charge of Italy” said the hat ,glee evident in his voice.

“NOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo”
Anyone care to stake odds on how long we can go until the wehraboo kills Mussolini in a fit of rage? I'm placing the over/under at six months.
I blinked “So what happens if i lose?”

"Then GOHI will take away all of your knowledge about the Wehrmacht “

I fainted.
Yesss...that's it...lose, and come to the Soviet side. We have cookies and T-34y. :D
Once I woke up I gritted my teeth,fought back the bile rising in my throat when looking at Italy and following the guidance of PASTA i started organizing it. My knowledge about the sumpreme military on Earth was on the line!!!
Won't it be hilarious if, by the end of this little adventure, the wehraboo sees how badly the German AI runs things and learns to hate the Wehrmacht? As he should, of course.
“WHAT IS THAT??WHAT THE F*** IS THAT???”

Behind me I heard Pasta exclaiming “Ohhhh it's adorable!I will name you Luigi”
Finally some historical accuracy in these forums.
And now I have to take the dreaded step. I took a deep breath and prepared to deal with the organization of the armed forces.
There's nothing to be dealt with, only a foolish wehraboo would reorganize the glorious Italian binary infantry divisions into crude, inefficient triangular divisions...

...oh, wait. Merda.
I for one am looking forward to seeing how our delusional protagonist besmirches the perfectly amazing Italian heavy tank program. Of course, for that to happen, we're going to need an Italian heavy tank program in the first place.
Aaaaa right Ethiopia! Yeah well ofc i forgot a minor event like that that happened before WW2.

It's not like any of these events played any important role later on after all.My attention was always focused on the more important events that happened after 1939.
Ah, right, of course, the famous Italian invasion of Albania, very significant indeed. Absolutely shaped the course of history, it did.
"WHY ARE MOST OF MY TROOPS MILITIA??!!"

And why are they equipped with weapons that were old when the FIRST World War was fought??
More pressingly, how did Italy manage to discover Molotov cocktails four years before the Finns invented them? Perhaps there is a secret timey-wimey research division we should be increasing the funding of, somewhere within the confusing Italian research directorate?
And while the planes didn't look ...amazing lets just say..
Heresy. :mad:
It's just Ethiopians after all..it's not like they would have tanks or anything to stop us...All we needed was a capable commander and this war would be a cakewalk...who was in charge of this front btw?

“....I don't know what I was expecting….”
The '0' stands for "zero generals better than". :p

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Navy,”Airforce” and Big Guns

So while the Ethiopian war was moving along I moved my attention back to the metropolitan area.

After recalling all airplanes,except the ones in Ethiopia, in Rome I was ...not impressed..

hjaICBixdyb62kVLJ-c6zsNpbK3cD1FU2Tvp-tWLlPQs7XRlH7KkwiEgRBOjsrJb2NunIo8aW8BIHdr-4CrWLhMx6OrzoQWmRNyu8FdZ6mmToGcbJXGCS-FhD1diEMhk_5iK19zz

“Biplanes!!It's the year of our Lord Rommel 45 and you guys are flying BIPLANES??”

Regardless of how useless my air force was gonna be i had to organize it anyway…. At least my naval bomber would be helpful.

FFcwJ3gMHY5yuVbYArrbOmWET2ZR3D_Gyq8IXA_V9sqhFTK6FScyum2bJdQmAisdkcA5i-8G7FcJJr6OsKMO_ILnM1O2-w6mUC82FY63mzL8s7irdtG1neKMlDmJwY5DZwhCel8G

After that I recalled all my ships from the different stations around my land to Taranto for a reorganization.

First the submarines

VFEtW3v0NIH7cauGak9pHZDeMnC7325qD3eoOlRSbz23MuefxPaRZ3XEHFRO_LCjcc2YMVpLMRNsCTa715nNinwq1Gsqlbve1GeGSAW-bI8rx6U_Y5A__7PgFU8pjsPjH8pnYoBO

WHAT DO YOU MEAN Submarines Torpedoes NO??

How are they supposed to sink enemy ships?Firing meatballs out of the torpedo tubes??

I need a drink...and a strong one…

But WOW we have 4 Battleships!! At least they will be good!

“HEY ITALY! The First World War called! He wants his shitty battleships back!!”

And most of our screens are also completely antiquated… But hey, at least most of our heavy cruisers are fairly modern!

A good thing in Italy???What bakery exploded?

After I finished the reorganization the fleet was a whole new beast

Yes i know i misspelled flotilla :p

Each of the 2 main fleets was centered around 2 battleships and 2 modern heavy cruisers along with the most modern available screens (thought that wasn't really saying much)

But something was missing(besides any good Battleships)....

That'S IT!!

What made the Tiger and King Tiger the best tanks in the world?? Bigger Guns and More armor!!

So why stay satisfied with mere BATTLESHIPS when you can have SUPER BATTLESHIPS!!

The Italian wunderwaffe program had began

In the meantime the aerial bombing of Ethiopian troops was continuing and air recon was suggesting that contact with their ground troops would happen soon.

I rubbed my chin seeing the slow advance of my troops…

“Would they go faster if I forced them to walk backwards toward the enemy...hmm...food for thought later..”

Now the biggest pain… to reorganize the Italian Military...plz dont let them all binary divisions plz dont let them all be binary divisions…

FUCK

Welli would have to fix that ...as soon as possible. I refuse to leave my sweet sweet Germany's underbelly soft this time as well!

BUT HEY!! I had some full fledged motorized divisions! Let's see what they got!!

…..i thought we had reached the lowest of lows with biplanes… but CAVALRY!!

Italy...what is WRONG with you????

BUT WAIT!!WHAT IS THAT IN AFRICA?

No it's not the rains down in Africa get the song out of my head!....its a triangular division!!

AAA i never was quite so pleased at seeing just 3 infantry brigades...the name of the division is pretty dumb thought...let me fix that..

PERFECT.

The joy of Italy continues to impress :D

• 1Like
Reactions:
the year of our Lord Rommel 45
:p:D:rolleyes:
“Biplanes!!It's the year of our Lord Rommel 45 and you guys are flying BIPLANES??”
Why not? They're stylish, technically stay in the air, and fetch a great resale price on the amateur aviators market!
WHAT DO YOU MEAN Submarines Torpedoes NO??

How are they supposed to sink enemy ships?Firing meatballs out of the torpedo tubes??
Never doubt the penetration power of a moldy, overcooked meatball.
What made the Tiger and King Tiger the best tanks in the world?? Bigger Guns and More armor!!

So why stay satisfied with mere BATTLESHIPS when you can have SUPER BATTLESHIPS!!
Boy, 1946 and onward is going to come as a huge shock to our protagonist.
“Would they go faster if I forced them to walk backwards toward the enemy...hmm...food for thought later..”
:p
Now the biggest pain… to reorganize the Italian Military...plz dont let them all binary divisions plz dont let them all be binary divisions…
Please let them all be glorious Italian baloney--erm, binary divisions! :D
AAA i never was quite so pleased at seeing just 3 infantry brigades...the name of the division is pretty dumb thought...let me fix that..

PERFECT.
With the hated three-brigade structure, they might as well be disgusting, boring, non-stylish German units anyways, so this renaming makes complete sense.

Really enjoying this. It’s like The Good Place for wehraboos -
except you know you’re in hell as soon as you arrive :D
Every new revelation is a sickening shock. Hope you have concentrated research effort on bayonet tech, cos you’ll need about nine million of them by 1939. :p

As well as an Italian King Tiger equivalent ( :eek: what will that look like) to match those SH battleships ... which if they’re ever actually produced will have to fight by themselves, as the rest of the Italian fleet will have been sunk by then and no other ships will have been built because of the SHBBs. :rolleyes::D

This should be good ... :)

The joy of Italy continues to impress :D

Glad you are enjoying this!

Boy, 1946 and onward is going to come as a huge shock to our protagonist.

Why after that date in particular?what am i missing?

As well as an Italian King Tiger equivalent ( :eek: what will that look like)

I actually have some ideas about that one..gonna keep that card close to my chest for now :p

those SH battleships ... which if they’re ever actually produced will have to fight by themselves, as the rest of the Italian fleet will have been sunk by then and no other ships will have been built because of the SHBBs. :rolleyes::D

I did think of building multiple SH but i do kind of want to play the game as well so i think one SH will be all i am gonna build ...and maybe a normal battleship as well...cause otherwise i would not have resources for ANYTHING else :D

Hurray for the Italian Wunderwaffe!

Why after that date in particular?what am i missing?
Well, post 1946, regular BBs overtake SHBBs in the stats, so if you invest only in SHBBs, you're going to have a bad time fighting against the latest wave of Battleships. The one metric where SHBBs are unbeatable is shore bombardment. Building SHBBs can save you leadership as SHBBs are definitely more powerful that regular 1938, and 1940 BBs, so they can give you an edge early on, but if you don't continue to research BB tech, which is a tempting option, your SHBBs will get outclassed eventually.

I did think of building multiple SH but i do kind of want to play the game as well so i think one SH will be all i am gonna build ...and maybe a normal battleship as well...cause otherwise i would not have resources for ANYTHING else :D
You definitely need more than one new Battleship for the Regia Marina to hold it's own in the Med. SHBBs are mighty expensive, and a little overrated, not to mention slow. I would say you at least need to build 1 SHBB and 2 BBs before the war starts, or at the very least by early 1940. The advantage of building the SHBB first is that completing it will give a big boost to Battleship practical knowledge, making the subsequent Battleships cheaper to build. The way practical works in TFH you will still benefit a lot from the boost even if you start work on the BBs before the SHBB is finished.

On that subject, IIRC Italy does get an Air Transport wing from the start, which means you can deploy Paratroopers without having to build said Air Transport wing. (which is really the biggest expense of deploying paratroopers). You could even upgrade the 'discount Fallschirmjaegers' to paratroopers. That will have to wait until you research Paratroopers in 1939 though, unless you want to waste leadership researching the Paratrooper tech, and it's prerequisites, way ahead of time.

Reactions:
Well, post 1946, regular BBs overtake SHBBs in the stats, so if you invest only in SHBBs, you're going to have a bad time fighting against the latest wave of Battleships. The one metric where SHBBs are unbeatable is shore bombardment. Building SHBBs can save you leadership as SHBBs are definitely more powerful that regular 1938, and 1940 BBs, so they can give you an edge early on, but if you don't continue to research BB tech, which is a tempting option, your SHBBs will get outclassed eventually.

Ah i have never actually bothered to build SH before so i always asumed they upgrade by the BB techs but i assuming thats not the case now..regardeless i somehow doubt i will be playing until 1946 :D

Ah i have never actually bothered to build SH before so i always asumed they upgrade by the BB techs but i assuming thats not the case now..regardeless i somehow doubt i will be playing until 1946 :D

Inevitable Defeat -- Italian Job

@El Pip

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Ah i have never actually bothered to build SH before so i always asumed they upgrade by the BB techs but i assuming thats not the case now..regardeless i somehow doubt i will be playing until 1946
While roverS3 is almost certainly correct, I was mostly just alluding to the fact that in the post-war era, having the biggest gun on a boat matters basically not at all. However it is correct that SHBBs do not upgrade and are outclassed by regular BBs after a certain model year.

In game terms, probably the best way to use SHBBs is to beeline for that tech, build a couple fleets of them to sink things with, and then build CVs for the rest of the game. By the time SHBBs are obsolete, naval air power reigns supreme anyways so the SHBB/regular BB argument is largely immaterial outside of role-playing the Imperial Japanese Navy.