• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm playing a megacampaign now, (Sill in CK2, around 1100) just to check how this converter will deal with my Nestorian, Italian merchant republic of Yemen with half demesne rules and ultrastrong revolts just for fun.

I...for some bizzaro reason, having converted two of my provinces to Italian, now have an option to "embrace outremer culture" - and....I'm kinda worried that it might put me in the eastern tech group when I convert. As I understand that your techgroups are culture based now.) Besides, only, like TWO provinces in my Bedouin-surrounded area shall convert anyways, which is funny. So, basically...could you tell me whether outremer is eastern or western?

I'm playing a megacampaign now, (Sill in CK2, around 1100) just to check how this converter will deal with my Nestorian, Italian merchant republic of Yemen with half demesne rules and ultrastrong revolts just for fun.

I...for some bizzaro reason, having converted two of my provinces to Italian, now have an option to "embrace outremer culture" - and....I'm kinda worried that it might put me in the eastern tech group when I convert. As I understand that your techgroups are culture based now.) Besides, only, like TWO provinces in my Bedouin-surrounded area shall convert anyways, which is funny. So, basically...could you tell me whether outremer is eastern or western?
Outremer is a culture under french culture group. I'd say that falls into western.

So, I've stacked great libraries to the point of 110% advisor cost reduction...and I'll be using your "reasonable blobbing mod" too. Oh, and I have about 19 wonders in total. I seriously want to give your converter a test.
Heh, sure, if you find bugs please report it all.

Hello, recently used this mod due to vanila converter is bit problematic.
unfortunately I've encountered problem here aswell in this mod too.
uploading log file here, hopefully receive response fast.

Attachments

• log20200808.txt
    223 KB · Views: 0
Hello, recently used this mod due to vanila converter is bit problematic.
unfortunately I've encountered problem here aswell in this mod too.
uploading log file here, hopefully receive response fast.
Please use Dunbar build and reupload its log if it fails, Capet is obsolete at this stage.

@Zemurin , Is there an ID list for the new religions added to the mod life reformed west african and the unreformed religions that were added to the game?

I ask because I am trying to use the console to change to west african religion but cant figure out its id.

Please use Dunbar build and reupload its log if it fails, Capet is obsolete at this stage.

It did went well! thanks.
However I'm seeing some weird ideas for some countries like papacy having polish idea or Abbasid have Anatolian idea despite it's based in iraq, Also I'm seeing some country missing ruler, I think it's related with error about dynasty names.(attached log file for that). Although it doesn't seem to be really big problem(other than papacy, which really bothers me), I'm glad it worked well

Attachments

• log.txt
    37,1 KB · Views: 0
@Zemurin , Is there an ID list for the new religions added to the mod life reformed west african and the unreformed religions that were added to the game?

I ask because I am trying to use the console to change to west african religion but cant figure out its id.

Look in common/religions, the files are there, clearly marked.

It did went well! thanks.
However I'm seeing some weird ideas for some countries like papacy having polish idea or Abbasid have Anatolian idea despite it's based in iraq, Also I'm seeing some country missing ruler, I think it's related with error about dynasty names.(attached log file for that). Although it doesn't seem to be really big problem(other than papacy, which really bothers me), I'm glad it worked well

Well, primary culture of nations depends on ruler culture, and that in turn defines ideas to a point. PAP should be an exception, I agree, will have to fix that. Thanx for the report.

Please upload your game so I can debug what's going on with those ideas.

Last edited:

Well, primary culture of nations depends on ruler culture, and that in turn defines ideas to a point. PAP should be an exception, I agree, will have to fix that. Thanx for the report.

West african reformed is not in the file. Please type the id so I can change my religion please.

Edit: wait nevermind I think I found it.

Attachments

• 00_religion.txt
    34,1 KB · Views: 0

Here's CK2 savegame, Unfortunately I deleted converted Eu4 conversion.

Attachments

• A.ck2
    24,7 MB · Views: 0
Here's CK2 savegame, Unfortunately I deleted converted Eu4 conversion.
A few days later, and we fixed a ton of stuff. Your save was a godsend and a treasure trove of edge cases, weird shenanigans and Papal curiosities. Found some bonafide EU4 bugs while at it. Please grab the latest Dunbar build and give it a whirl.

The decision in question:
join_the_counter_reformation = {
major = yes
potential = {
NOT = { has_country_modifier = counter_reformation }
has_global_flag = counter_reformation
NOT = { has_idea = ecumenism }
NOT = { has_idea = liberty_egalite_fraternity }
NOT = { religion_years = { protestant = 150 } }
religion = fraticelli
}
allow = {
OR = {
tag = PAP
is_emperor = yes
has_opinion = { who = PAP value = -50 }
}
NOT = { has_country_modifier = edict_de_nantes }
}
effect = {
if = {
limit = {
NOT = { tag = PAP }
}
reverse_add_opinion = { who = PAP modifier = opinion_embraced_counter_reformation }
}
if = {
limit = {
is_emperor = no
emperor = {
OR = {
religion = catholic
religion = fraticelli
}
}
}
emperor = { add_opinion = { who = ROOT modifier = opinion_embraced_counter_reformation } }
}
add_country_modifier = {
name = "counter_reformation"
duration = -1
}
}
ai_will_do = {
factor = 1
modifier = {
factor = 0.0
OR = {
dominant_religion = reformed
dominant_religion = protestant
dominant_religion = cathar
dominant_religion = waldensian
dominant_religion = lollard
}
is_emperor = no
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.0
has_country_flag = protestant_reformation
is_emperor = no
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.0
has_country_flag = calvinist_reformation
is_emperor = no
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.0
NOT = { has_opinion = { who = PAP value = -10 } }
NOT = { culture_group = latin }
NOT = { culture_group = iberian }
is_emperor = no
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.0
adm = 2
NOT = { has_opinion = { who = PAP value = 100 } }
NOT = { culture_group = latin }
NOT = { culture_group = iberian }
is_emperor = no
}
}
}
Sorry for the save being uncompressed, I needed to do some manual editing
I started on this issue. You've uploaded 2 copies of your eu4 save, but not the conversion mod beneath it. If you still have it, please upload conversion .mod file + the mod's folder, compressed in a single zip. Without it I can't start your game.

I've no idea how the mod works actually, so I can't help you there. I just noticed Lausitz converts as Lausitz despite Lusatia getting its own proper EU4 tag in 1.30. Not urgent by any means.
A bit later, c_ and d_lausitz now map to SOR. Thanx. If you notice more of these please tell us.

I get stuck at 54%, I need help.

Looks like you've got a broken install or mod. Try validating the installs of both games. If that doesn't work, upload your CK2 save for the team to take a look.

It was just a world painting game for the sake of converting to Vic2 eventually. Obviously cheated. I finally got it to convert, but EU4 cant see it now. I tried attaching th mod the converter made but it wont attach.

Attachments

• Germany.ck2
    5,2 MB · Views: 0
It was just a world painting game for the sake of converting to Vic2 eventually. Obviously cheated. I finally got it to convert, but EU4 cant see it now. I tried attaching th mod the converter made but it wont attach.
If there is a converted mod in eu4's mod/ folder and you don't see it in the launcher, I suggest filing a bug report against the launcher in the bug thread.

• 1Like
Reactions:
If there is a converted mod in eu4's mod/ folder and you don't see it in the launcher, I suggest filing a bug report against the launcher in the bug thread.

You might also try the Paradoxos Mod Manager. Maybe it'll pick things up better?