• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If my country has full status of women laws, will I have the chance to have female advisors?
You'll have a chance no matter the laws as now Women in History is a part of base game.

What I should probably ask is "Will I have a higher chance of getting them"
No, we have not changes that aspect, but I'd like to do so at some point in the future. However I am not holding my breath that advisor generation change is possible on per-country basis, only globally by increasing chances of female advisors from 1% to 5%, which is not that helpful.

Would it be too difficult to, rather than just immediately shattering them on conversion, give all empires high unrest for nationalist rebels to start? So there's more cohesion betweeen games, but they still likely end up broken up that is.

Would it be too difficult to, rather than just immediately shattering them on conversion, give all empires high unrest for nationalist rebels to start? So there's more cohesion betweeen games, but they still likely end up broken up that is.
Unrest is a derived function of stability, modifiers, separatism (no separatism for core territory!), ruler mods, and many others. It can't be set manually.
Shattering empires is not intended at all to represent any historical progression from ck2 to eu4 as it's abrupt, non-dejure and often very random.

1.0 Barcelona
BarcelonaReleaseBanner.png
Barcelona Release brings several new major expansions, fixes and features.

Conversion Features
Bookmarks
  • Converter now offers two bookmarks - a fixed 1444 start, and a floating bookmark at the date of conversion.
  • The floating bookmark is the canonical one and all rulers, heirs, and game world is transferred directly from CK2.
  • Floating bookmark will have technology frozen (same as CK2 in its entirety has technology basically frozen), until 1453 when regular tech advancing starts.
  • 1444 bookmark will have some oddities like 500 year old rulers (for a 500 year skip, but aside for this issue (which will resolve itself within months after game start) is perfectly usable.
Mod Support
  • Since CK2 save games carry no information about mods used, we have introduced the Rummage system.
  • Converter will rummage, uninvited and unbidden, through all the mods installed in CK2 mod folder, and look for definitions to those variables it lacks. For example, using a mod that introduces new dynasties is now possible.
  • Where the converter fails to find such data, it will still default to reasonable educated guesses and no conversion is likely to look like Swiss cheese.
Ruler Bling
  • Prestige is now transferred in a scaled fashion - prestigious rulers will have their countries start closer to 100 prestige, while virtual unknowns will have their countries start at a large penaltiy.
  • Money is transferred in a similar fashion (and only for positive coffers), but do not expect more than some 100-200 ducats even if you held a million in CK2. Time passes, and prices inflate.
  • Being in debt to Jewish moneylenders will in fact transfer as a starting loan - while not large by any means, it will have a significant interest rate.
  • Excommunicated rulers from CK2, transfer as such into EU4 - this applies, naturally - only to Catholic and Fraticelli rulers.
  • Monarch history is now imported and monarch now receive proper regnal numbers - so John III would remain so after conversion, and his heir, if named John, will become John IV on succession.
Claims
  • De Jure territory now transfers as permanent claims.
  • For example, a ruler of e_scandinavia will start wit permanent claims on all unowned territory that was mapped from CK2's e_scandinavian provinces (even if these claims extend into Russia or elsewhere through de-jure drift.
Tributaries
  • Converter will now transfer all tributaries, ad-verbatim, to EU4.
  • This means even christian countries can start with some tributaries in tow.
China
  • China is now dynamically assigned to an appropriate chinese dynasty tag. For example, if Han control China, MNG is replaced with HND.
  • Celestial Emperor has his dynasty, religion and culture preserved.
  • Western Protectorate is integrated into China mainland.
  • Western Protectorate's tributaries are transferred to China, in addition of preserving all historical tributaries from vanilla 1444 start at both bookmarks.
Fixes and Changes
Countries, Names and Flags
  • Countries will now start with their custom names they held in CK2. If k_lithuania was created by a Prussian (pruthenian) duke, and had name swapped to Prussia, it will now remain Prussia (although still having LIT tag)
  • All muslim kindgoms and empires will be named after their ruler's dynasty. This will not affect their tag, ideas or missions.
  • All muslim countries can now use custom flags representative of their ruling dynasty. We have created flags for a dozen dynasties, and more will come in future.
  • Many new countries have proper tags - most notably the entire plethora of holy orders (for all religions)
Provinces
  • Province mapping algorithm has a glaring flaw that allowed some vanilla EU4 provinces to bleed through, along with their countries. The hole has now been plugged.
Cultures and Religions
Note: All of these changes are supported through EU4 over Vic2 to HoI4.

• Jewish cultures have been broken down akin to all other major culture groups.
  • Roman culture suffers the same fate.
  • Qarmatian is now a recognized religion.
  • Personal Deities were assigned to Khurmazta (with accompanying new graphics).
  • Fetishist religion has been updated significantly, receiving new cults due to new religions.
  • With new religions in tow many decisions have been fixed to include these (Prussia can be now formed by Waldenesians).
Aside for these, many minor under-the-hood fixes and patches were implemented, as always.

CapetReleaseBanner.png
The windows_development_build supersedes this release and is built whenever a feature is added, dynamically. You can get it here.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Is it possible to disable the contents of Sunset Invasion if it was used in the CK2 game? With the official converter ai just had to add aztec_invasion="off" to the game rules in the savefile, but it doens't seem to work here

Is it possible to disable the contents of Sunset Invasion if it was used in the CK2 game? With the official converter ai just had to add aztec_invasion="off" to the game rules in the savefile, but it doens't seem to work here
Sure, we can add a config switch, but for now edit your save and delete the flag containing aztec_explorers. Search for that line and delete it.

Sure, we can add a config switch, but for now edit your save and delete the flag containing aztec_explorers. Search for that line and delete it.
That worked thanks.
I've noticed that while tributaries are set in the mod files and show up in the menu country selection phase, they disappear as a relationship when the game starts. Is that a known issue?

That worked thanks.
I've noticed that while tributaries are set in the mod files and show up in the menu country selection phase, they disappear as a relationship when the game starts. Is that a known issue?
Upload a save and tell me the overlord and I can investigate.

Upload a save and tell me the overlord and I can investigate.
Treregne(Z17) has Romagna(Z25) as tributary
Sorry for the 5 parts, it is an uncompressed save I was editing, and I can only upload 8MB files to discord
Also, I noticed a number of errors from "ZZZ_added_religion_decisions" located int he events folder, is that a mistake and should it be placed in the decisons folder?

Treregne(Z17) has Romagna(Z25) as tributary
Sorry for the 5 parts, it is an uncompressed save I was editing, and I can only upload 8MB files to discord
Also, I noticed a number of errors from "ZZZ_added_religion_decisions" located int he events folder, is that a mistake and should it be placed in the decisons folder?
Not sure I see the issue:
upload_2020-4-28_18-12-19.png

Do you have any mods that alter tributary status or vassal relations?

No, only the converted game mod. Doesn't work for me o_O
Maybe it's some DLC that's required, I honestly don't know. Tribs don't appear in relation slots but they are present in that overview window.

Wow great! I especially like converting councillors into advisors :) I have tiny little question tho: How unreformed pagans are converted in EU4?
As well as you'd expect, animist, fetishist and so on. Reformed ones fare much better, except for west africans. We didn't fix those yet.

Only some of my palaces are being converted. I should have at least two (as I have two level 4 palaces in CK2) but I only have one in the converted save.

Attachments

• Slavic_Union1184_01_09.ck2
    123,5 MB · Views: 4
  • Slavic_Union1184_01_09.ck2
    123,5 MB · Views: 3
Only some of my palaces are being converted. I should have at least two (as I have two level 4 palaces in CK2) but I only have one in the converted save.
I can't download your save, it was too large and got eaten by the forum. Please zip and upload it again.

EDIT: Though there's no need if you built them in provinces that are next to one another. During province conversion process we map ONE ck2 province to ONE eu4 province. If 2 ck2 provinces are contenders for a single eu4 province, as it often happens, only one gets chosen. So if both of these hold palaces, only one will get imported at that spot. This is why it's wise to spread wonders about.

I can't download your save, it was too large and got eaten by the forum. Please zip and upload it again.

EDIT: Though there's no need if you built them in provinces that are next to one another. During province conversion process we map ONE ck2 province to ONE eu4 province. If 2 ck2 provinces are contenders for a single eu4 province, as it often happens, only one gets chosen. So if both of these hold palaces, only one will get imported at that spot. This is why it's wise to spread wonders about.

It's about a kingdom away, so I don't think that's the problem. It may be that fourth palace that I'm constructing one province away from the second is confusing it, as it's trying to convert the unfinished wonder and ens up giving me nothing. Not sure though.