• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I Finished the campaign but I was gonna start a new one as a nestorian player what happens to my religion when it gets transferred?
It gets transferred? Not sure what you are asking.

You have religion_map.txt in the converter that defines what gets transferred to what.
Code:
link = { ck2 = nestorian eu4 = nestorian }

As you can see it transfers to eu4 version of nestorian, if that's what you're asking.

Last edited:
So I had jomsvikings spawn but they didn't have they're special national ideas
Please upload your ck2 save and your log.txt from the converter directory.

Have successfully converted the save, and the mod shows up in the correct mod folder as expected, however I cannot select nor see it in the EU4 launcher. Any ideas? Have tried with both Este and Dunbar versions, same issue on both.

EDIT: Resolved by changing the playset; apparently it showed up on it's own after this. Will leave this here in case others have a similar issue.

Attachments

• log.txt
    21,3 KB · Views: 0
  • Otto the Glorious, and His Empire.ck2
    35,2 MB · Views: 0
@Idhrendur
@Zemurin

Have you ever considered making a HIP SWMH map converter to EU4?

It looks like there was a working one a couple years ago, according to this thread:

One (relatively) recent post suggests that if the provinces are updated, the converter seemed to work.

Last edited:
@Idhrendur
@Zemurin

Have you ever considered making a HIP SWMH map converter to EU4?

It looks like there was a working one a couple years ago, according to this thread:

One (relatively) recent post suggests that if the provinces are updated, the converter seemed to work.
Our general policy is not to do support for third-party mods unless authors of said mods or someone else involved is willing to walk the extra mile and offer us some help. We'd need to redo provinces, add support for custom mappings loading, and so on. It's quite doable but we're swamped with enough work already.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I haven't checked the entire thread but I have a question. If the player or ai manages to make a chinese imperial government that's meant to mimic the celestial empire, does a second mandate of heaven get made for the custom empire? Or does the game just convert that nation into a normal empire?

I haven't checked the entire thread but I have a question. If the player or ai manages to make a chinese imperial government that's meant to mimic the celestial empire, does a second mandate of heaven get made for the custom empire? Or does the game just convert that nation into a normal empire?
AFAIK normal empire. Mandate is tied to china itself at game start.

I'm having a problem converting my game. I can't figure out how to get my converted Roman Empire to use the Roman ideas instead of the Bohemian ideas. Any advice on how to solve this issue would be most appreciated.

EDIT: I figured it out. There was a section causing the Bohemian ideas to trigger for any country with Czeck primary culture, so I added a line to prevent that from triggering for the Roman Empire.

Last edited:
I used the Dunbar Release converter which made a bunch of random Kingdoms in Europe turned into Hordes lmao.
If you have a bug report, upload your save and log.txt.

One of my great works (lvl 4 port) in Tana (Black Sea) was converted to an inland province (Tyn) instead of the coastal eu4 province Azov. Not a big deal but it should be on the coast (Azov) not inland (Tyn).

Attachments

• 20201008160433_1.jpg
    20201008160433_1.jpg
    526,9 KB · Views: 0
One of my great works (lvl 4 port) in Tana (Black Sea) was converted to an inland province (Tyn) instead of the coastal eu4 province Azov. Not a big deal but it should be on the coast (Azov) not inland (Tyn).
Ok, I remapped it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Not sure if it is the mod or it has to do with latest patch (First time playing on 1.30), but expelling minorities doesn't work. It doesn't cost anything and didn't actually change culture in the home province.