Abomination #34 from the upcoming DLC

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Smeeved

Nomad
4 Badges
Jan 9, 2015
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma Pre-order
1618413262013.png

???????????????

Another late april fools joke good one guys

Why does this monument give more benefits than a country with full army professionalism? How many graduates from clown academy did you recruit this year?

Also good job on the historical research - this monument has more claim to be Hindu than anything else, but I guess that doesn't matter anymore in eu4 when you get to direct development to your passion projects instead. I guess I'm spoilt, having played before Trin Tragula left the eu4 team when new content was actually based on reality.

Tune in next week where we will be showing the new monument that increases average ruler lifespan by 100%!

Last edited:
  • 17Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
View attachment 704180
???????????????

Another late april fools joke good one guys

Why does this monument give more benefits than a country with full army professionalism? How many graduates from clown academy did you recruit this year?

Also good job on the historical research - this monument has more claim to be a Hindu than anything else, but I guess that doesn't matter anymore in eu4 when you get to direct development to your passion projects instead. I guess I'm spoilt, having played before Trin Tragula left the eu4 team when new content was actually based on reality.

Tune in next week where we will be showing the new monument that increases average ruler lifespan by 100%!

Mua h ah aha ha ha ha ha! Buaa aaaha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! EU4 stopped being a realistic, historical game, to become a fantasy memeic gamey minigame with punny achievements! I hear you brother, I hear you and I weep with you because of the loss of our beloved Europa Universalis IV! May the game we loved rest in peace.

• 30Like
  • 1Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
The monuments are so overpowered that it's hard to think of an analog in any previous EU4 DLC. They are now the singular most important aspect of gameplay and nothing else comes remotely close.

Optimized gameplay is now a matter of snaking towards monuments and bypassing coring distance.

I'm glad I won't be using the new DLC.

• 12Like
Reactions:
Do we have the numbers on other monuments?

I think they tried to balance it by making it zoroastrian, but I guess you could make it zoroastrian by a vassal.

I think they tried to balance it by making it zoroastrian, but I guess you could make it zoroastrian by a vassal.
Alhambra tier 3 gives administrative efficiency +15% without any limitation. A lot more powerful than discipline 10% for WC.

• 16Like
  • 6Haha
  • 2Love
Reactions:

I would assume that the original intention was that you would only get the bonus if your country is zoroastrian? Then it would be an incentive to go Zoroastrian because it's that powerful.

Reactions:
I guess it's one way to balance MP games; make people not want to play them.

Yeaaah... no "competitive" MP lobby will be using these. No chance in hell. Let's look at some of my favorites:

the aforementioned +10% discipline (Zoroastrianism is a drag but I can see a player in that area doing it just for this bonus)
-15% idea cost and +1 monthly admin mana from the Incan one
-15% tech cost from the Khmer one (I think, could be one of the other ones in close vicinity)
-15% development cost (G L O B A L !!!) AND -25% culture conversion cost (also global) from that one Majapahit province (just fuck my shit up fam...)
-15% tech and -10% idea cost from the pyramids (this one is broken but you have to be a pagan so not really)
-50% admin advisor cost from Athens

While no one might care for the 15% admin efficiency in MP, there's tons of other shit that is just pepega.

• 7Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I don't see how that is a abomination. If you read carefully it is required to be "Zoroastrian" which is something that doesn't happen. As a player you can decide to become Zoroastrian while the AI don't do it. In almost every run I had the only Zoroastrian province of Yazd gets converted. And even if you convert to Zoroastrianism you're pretty much isolated. So those bonuses imo are justified.

• 4Like
Reactions:
The monuments are so overpowered that it's hard to think of an analog in any previous EU4 DLC. They are now the singular most important aspect of gameplay and nothing else comes remotely close.

Optimized gameplay is now a matter of snaking towards monuments and bypassing coring distance.

I'm glad I won't be using the new DLC.
This is the first dlc I won't be buying. It officially kills eu iv.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Now that I think about it, that text makes it sound like the local religion needs to be Zoroastrian.

New Timurids strat: Incite religious rebels in Yazd and guide them towards Shirvan.
Well I'll personally wait until Ardabil or Persia gets unique mission tree. Then I'll try out Zoroastrianism.

Although can you imagine Zoroastrian Russia. Like if the player decides to procreate borders of the Russian empire.

Reactions:
Can you please all CHILL THE **** OUT?

What is wrong with you all doomsayers, oh my god 10% disc MP is ruined everyone goes Zoroooooo.

Isn't this exactly what you people wanted? Having some payoffs for longterm strats like become friggen Zoroastrian which has like 2-3 provinces at start (and does not start in the province with the monument).

Alhambra tier 3 gives administrative efficiency +15% without any limitation. A lot more powerful than discipline 10% for WC.

Yes. +15% when the game recently changed it from 40% to 30% at max Absolutism, while adding in more provinces/dev. More or less with this monument you are back to the old WC speed from pre-Emperor.

This is the whole point of monuments, some of them should have very strong modifiers so people fight over them.
Imagine them only giving +1 Yearly Prestige and +10% Tax. Who would care?

This is the first dlc I won't be buying. It officially kills eu iv.
Then don't. Nobody forces you. Or do you expect the devs magically change all the numbers and water them down because one person says so without having actually tested it ingame?

It will be nerfed into being a worthless mechanic in 2 weeks anyway.
This. Instead of become something fresh to fight over, it will be just another province with Trade Centers but in a different name. Which would be the same analogy as adding new buttons, which you people always cry about.

• 8Like
Reactions: