• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Romanix90

Colonel
23 Badges
Feb 25, 2019
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
Both of these religions didn't recieve any boost. In the meanwhile Catholicism for example did. Now i have my own proposal about these 2 religions and keep in mind that numbers can be adjusted, so middle ground can be met.

1. Tengrism - Curently this religion offers +25% Cavalry to infantry ratio and −20% Regiment cost. There are more bonus efects if you pick secondary faith. Now personaly i wouldn't change anything regarding those but instead i would only give Tengri nation the ability to spread their secondary faith via missionaries. So for example lets say that you picked up Vajrayana as secondary and you have Sunni provinces. In this case you could choose whether to spread Tengri or Vajrayana. This would work only on religions that aren't secondary so you couldn't for example convert your Tengri provinces to Vajrayana.

2. Buddhism - There isn't much to say about all 3 denominations. Their efects are meh. Most players i encountered so far are avoiding any of these denominations. In several videos when i watched players playing Oirat and when they're completing mission Anex Tibet event fires up offering them chance to convert to Vajrayana. Well in all cases players decided to stick with Tengri. Current effects for Buddhists aren't exactly atractive for players where they would pick up or even convert to any denomination.

Mahayana offers +2 Tolerance of heretics and −5% Idea cost

Theravada offers −10% Advisor cost and +2 Tolerance of heretics

Vajrayana offers +5% Morale of armies and +1 Tolerance of heretics

My suggestion to boost them up and again numbers are debatable so feel free to suggest your own opinion on matter.

Mahayana +2 Tolerance of heretics and −10% Idea cost

Therevada −15% Advisor cost and +2 Tolerance of heretics

Vajrayana +10% Morale of armies and +1 Tolerance of heretics

As for Karma which is the same for all Buddhists rather then presenting current state i'll present my own suggestion

Low Karma +5% Discipline

Neutral Karma +2 Diplomatic reputation +10% Discipline

High Karma +1 Diplomatic reputation

Also since Monuments are thing now it would be cool to give certain Monuments to go low with Karma. And last thing about Karma perhaps a button in this case could exist so player can interact with Karma. Basically to affect whether Karma would go low or high.

Reactions:
There should be decision for buddhist nation to raise karma really.

Like ruler organize giving alms event, cost a lot of money but raise your karma (a lot of ancient ruler that believe in buddhism all do this).

Also any southeast asian buddhist nations should have a decision for ruler to abdicate to ordain themselves into monkhood (though it's more popular for heir to ordain themselves until assuming the throne, this way of ruler abdicate for ordain is not unheard of either) which would cost you a lot of money and prestige in exchange for massive karma and some legitimacy (for your heir which will assuming the throne ofc).

EDIT

Thinking again the second decision might be better if it is your heir being ordained cuz that's already a tradition in SEA so it would just be trading money (should be quite expensive) for massive karma and perhaps prestige too.

Though I struggle to translate the fact that your heir will becoming a monk and study on dharma into mechanic.

Maybe high chance to get some trait such as scholar, just, righteous, etc?

Last edited:
Reactions:
There should be decision for buddhist nation to raise karma really.

Like ruler organize giving alms event, cost a lot of money but raise your karma (a lot of ancient ruler that believe in buddhism all do this).

Also any southeast asian buddhist nations should have a decision for ruler to abdicate to ordain themselves into monkhood (though it's more popular for heir to ordain themselves until assuming the throne, this way of ruler abdicate for ordain is not unheard of either) which would cost you a lot of money and prestige in exchange for massive karma and some legitimacy (for your heir which will assuming the throne ofc).
Not just to raise Karma but to lower it as well. Maybe in a religious bar button could exist so player can influence Karma. As for SEA Buddhist nations i'm really not an expert. It's not a bad idea to have sort of a decision and make your ruler abdicate and go into monkhood.

Not just to raise Karma but to lower it as well. Maybe in a religious bar button could exist so player can influence Karma. As for SEA Buddhist nations i'm really not an expert. It's not a bad idea to have sort of a decision and make your ruler abdicate and go into monkhood.
Good idea though I don't think it is really need cuz karma is kind of going down a lot of warring anyway but perhaps the alternative should exist for those who don't war much.

In SEA a lot of royal family are really into Buddhism like in Thai polities (Sukothai, Ayutthaya, etc.) it's tradition that the royal prince would need to ordained into monkhood to study and train themselves in Buddhism for several years before leaving the monkhood to serve the kingdom or more frequently assuming the throne cuz their father or brother die.

Though it is less frequent and not enough to counted as a tradition but there are still a case of king abdicate the throne to their heir so that they can ordain themselves, usually this happen when they aren't popular, have low legitimacy, etc. and in some case actually get force into it lol

It's actually quite interesting how society expected from the monarch in the time really, there are inscription in Sukothai and Ayutthaya that said something about the king is strong, his army vast no nearby kingdom not respect or intimidated by him, he is avatar of blah blah blah Hindu gods but he is generous, giving alms frequently, have mercy for his lord and subject, follow the way of buddha and rule with dharma.

Basically in SEA there are big syncretism going on between Hinduism and Buddhism (and the original animist too but it's more like getting folded into Buddhism tbh lol), it's not strange to saw SEA king claiming to be this Hindu god or descending from some such and still be a devotee of Buddhism while Hinduism give monarch a lot of power with devaraja (god-king) believe, Buddhism both give them the legitimacy (he is a monarch, avatar of God, etc cuz he has good karma) and restraints them at the same time (need to rule with righteousness aka rule of dharma and a whole host of other Buddhism virtues).

EDIT

Thinking again the second decision might be better if it is your heir being ordained cuz that's already a tradition in SEA so it would just be trading money (should be quite expensive) for massive karma and perhaps prestige too.

Though I struggle to translate the fact that your heir will becoming a monk and study on dharma into mechanic.

Maybe high chance to get some trait such as scholar, just, righteous, etc?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
10% discipline would be to much, Buddhist where not that strong, this would be more fore fanatic christians or muslims, raising their banner for the lord. 5% is ok, if u buff the basic buffs.