• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
DbiQFmGWkAAx-Ih.jpg:large

What could be on the other side?

Twitter

Becoming intrigued intensifies

I suspect that the L-cluster will have more than one possible outcome.

The one we already know (visible in one of the screenshots) is another space dragon. Perhaps a lair of those.

I suspect that there will also be something like an advanced purifier empire (mentioned in a DD a long time ago as one idea). Some empty rich systems, perhaps with artificial suns. Also, i would love to see the Dead from the suggestions forum.

Yo could you either stop this never-ending argument or continue in private messages? It's not that we don't care, but we don't care. That place is for Twitter teasers, and we need to keep it like that unless the topic will be locked.

Anyway:

DbiQFmGWkAAx-Ih.jpg:large

What could be on the other side?

Twitter
Interesting. I never even considered Point to Point Gateways.

And this text that you might need some additional tech (something between Activation and Creation or possibly Creation) to abort that Maintenance loop. So it not your average Gateway either.

This also brings me back to a old 2.0 Developer Diary:
More possibilities for galaxy generation and exploration (for example, entire regions of space accessible only through a wormhole or a single guarded hyperlane, containing special locations and events to discover)

I guess P2P Gateway is the less Military solution to "blocked pathway".

Is the L-Cluster locked to protect the galaxy or to protect from the galaxy*?
That is the question, is it not?

The other is: If it is locked to protect the Galaxy from it, how likely is it to be remotely activated from the L-Cluster?

That is the question, is it not?

The other is: If it is locked to protect the Galaxy from it, how likely is it to be remotely activated from the L-Cluster?
Impossible. As explained in the stream yesterday. The activation requires gathering a number of clues scattered across the galaxy.

Noting
Impossible. As explained in the stream yesterday. The activation requires gathering a number of clues scattered across the galaxy.
For game purposes it's player driven, but technically it's possible to script an unlock with a Crisis strength entity emerging. Or whatever is to your heart's content

Has anyone speculated what are the "eye" resembling constructs from the DLC? They seem to have smaller things around them. At first I thought they were portals, but now I think they're some kind of mining behemoths, perhaps a mining drone World Cracker with scort units around. I just think it would be great to have colossus leviathans.

I remember Wiz saying something about wanting a Goldilocks region in the galaxy geography, during pre-2.0 teasers/streams. What did he mean? Could it be related to L-Clusters? I have no idea what is a Goldilocks.

Guys, could you please post new teasers with threadmarks? I am one of those people who doesn't have time to go through everything, so this would be much appreciated, as I can simply go through threadmarks and keep myself updated without reading several pages of this thread, thanks

Not a twitter teaser but a "stream teaser" (from reddit):

1zjEC26.jpg

What could this new resource be?

Purpletonium, it has to be!:eek:

RELEASE THE MEGA-WARFORM!

(Ten to one I'm the only one who gets the referrence)

Honestly, that's a bogus argument. The game's been complete since it came out, or it wouldn't have people still playing it. No one (okay, almost no one, and none of the people you're talking about) is sitting around waiting for it to be 'finished' before playing it.

There are things people want them to add that are gradually getting added. That's not the same thing.

Do you think no one who plays Stellaris plays other 4x games? Despite the dozens of comparisons between them that people on the forums constantly give?

considering the vast changes made to the engine and systems, then yes, my argument stands.

At one point I simply stopped playing stellaris because I got sick of the constant changes messing up save games, only comming back because some of my friends wanted to play multiplayer with me.

I'm sorry for those of you that seemingly gets hurt feelings when the truth is pointed out, but you guys should step back and take a deep breath before lashing out like you are doing.

Has anyone speculated what are the "eye" resembling constructs from the DLC? They seem to have smaller things around them. At first I thought they were portals, but now I think they're some kind of mining behemoths, perhaps a mining drone World Cracker with scort units around. I just think it would be great to have colossus leviathans.

I remember Wiz saying something about wanting a Goldilocks region in the galaxy geography, during pre-2.0 teasers/streams. What did he mean? Could it be related to L-Clusters? I have no idea what is a Goldilocks.
Goldilocks zone is a zone of potentialy habitable planets (i.e. distance from the star where life could potentially thrive if there were planets there).

Not a twitter teaser but a "stream teaser" (from reddit):

1zjEC26.jpg

What could this new resource be?

Saw it live on the stream and got me thinking about what could it be as well. I hope it's not just an already existing resource with a changed icon.

Guys, could you please post new teasers with threadmarks? I am one of those people who doesn't have time to go through everything, so this would be much appreciated, as I can simply go through threadmarks and keep myself updated without reading several pages of this thread, thanks
That would be wonderful but only the owner of the thread can do that (unless I'm blind).

Saw it live on the stream and got me thinking about what could it be as well. I hope it's not just an already existing resource with a changed icon.

Hopefully a placeholder

right you are. Nanites are nano-sized, not micro-sized.
In Stellaris nanites will be microscopic. Its the same like with spaceships that are small-planet-sized.