• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Vote

loup99

Godogost of Armorica
84 Badges
Jan 22, 2013
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • 500k Club
  • Pride of Nations
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • March of the Eagles
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Cities: Skylines
April is here, and as such the ACAs are back, for the first quarter of 2019 this time around. This round is the last one before the release of the next PDS game, so I hope that we will be able to beat the previous record of participation and prepare the ground for what will hopefully be seven different game categories next time! :) As always, don't hesitate to spread the word by posting about the ACAs in your AARs and your signatures.

Voting will start now and end in five weeks (see the date below). All AARs updated between January 1st 2019 and March 31st 2019 (inclusive) are eligible for nominations. You may nominate up to four AARs for each of the following games:

Europa Universalis IV
Crusader Kings II
Victoria II
Hearts of Iron IV
Stellaris

and up to four additional games in the "other" category, which includes all other Paradox Development Studio games not mentioned above. Kindly use the following format:

[Name of game/"other"]
1. AAR name, author, URL
2. AAR name, author, URL
3. AAR name, author, URL
4. AAR name, author, URL

If an URL has already been posted once, there is no need to put it up again.

The deadline for voting is May 5th at 8 PM (+1 GMT).

With that said, it is now time for the voting to begin!

- Loup, host of the ACAs

Damn, is the Q1 ACAs already here? For the first time I really feel unprepared, I'll blame my work and little time :rolleyes:. Ah well, Easter holiday is on the horizon, so I'll prepare a good ballot then. I'll edit this post later on!

EU4:
- Pax Americana or Guarantor of Peace as USA (England start 1.26 on VH) by @mackwolfe .
- Prussian flower wars - Highest body count in one war as tall prussia 1.28.3 (very hard) by @Pureanger .
- A horde of pirates - Pirate WC no tc, no traders, no allies 1.28.3 (very hard) by @Pureanger .

HOI4:
- The Path of Peace - An Indian Kaiserreich AAR by @SibCDC .

That's my meagre vote this quarterly round, as I unfortunately haven't been able to read much AARs as of late, but I wanted to show my support for these 3 awesome and great works nonetheless.

EDIT 2: now my vote is truly done and finished.

Last edited:
Let's see if I can get this done earlier rather than later this time around.

Europa Universalis IV
Pax Americana or Guarantor of Peace as USA (England Start 1.26 on VH) by @mackwolfe
The Empress and I - A Tale from Rome by @KaiserWilhelmI
The World is Our Oyster. Story of Portugal by @hjarg
Prussian Flower Wars - Highest bodycount in one war as tall Prussia 1.28.3 (very hard) by @Pureanger
(very close choice between this one and @Pureanger 's pirate AAR - but for sheer insanity this one pips the other at the post)

Crusader Kings II
Road of Queens - CKII AAR by @Eurasia
Before Plantagenet - a House d'Anjoy AAR by @JabberJock14
Whiteshirts of England: A History fo the Hvitserk Dynasty of Jorvik AAR by @tpmcinty
The Song of Wessex by @coz1
Can I just say, choosing just 4 CK2 AARs is getting increasingly difficult.

Stellaris
The Third Time is the Charm - The Many Children of Earth by @Kylia Quilor
Faith in Chaos - a Stellaris Story by @Macavity116
Blessed Sithrandir Confederacy - Arise! (or Not) by @Nikolai
The Tchikenthi Hive by @Smokez83

Hearts of Iron IV
The Path of Peace - an Indian Kaiserreich AAR by @SibCDC
30 Minutes of Hel Video by @Zwireq
Mobile Corps - A Hearts of Iron IV HungAARy AAR by @Captured Joe
Long Live the Permanent Revolution - a Trotskyist Soviet AAR by @ThaHoward

Victoria II
The Age of Brass: A Spanish AAR by @RossN
Oakmont History of the Sikhs by @lad
Miskatonic University, Class of 1836 by @Bratmon
Land of the Silver Birch - A Canadian AAR by @vyshan

Other
(EU:Rome) Civis Romanus Sum (An EU-Rome Vae Victis AAR) by @Bullfilter
(HoI 3) Der Adler, der Wolf, und die Sonne: Die Geschichte des Stahlpakts by @Wraith11B
(HoI 3) American AAR: AI Experiments in HoI 3 by @Eurasia
(DH) 로마는 하루아침에 이루어진 것이 아니다 ~ A Republic of Korea AAR. by @RV-Ye

Can I just repeat how difficult it is to choose just 4 CK2 AARs? :D

CK2:
1.Against the Great Animal Calamity
StellAARis:
1.Faith in Chaos - A Stellaris Story
2.The Third Time Is The Charm - The Many Children of Earth

(I’ll add links later)

I'm going to start this slowly as I always do (and I echo @stnylan - CK is tough!)

There are so many great works in CKII that 4 does not give room but I would be remiss if I did not vote for these:

CKII:

Blut und Schlacht (Blood and Battle): A Learner’s Saga by @Bullfilter
Road of Queens - CKII India AAR by @Eurasia
Before Plantagenet – A House d’Anjou AAR by @JabberJock14
Whiteshirts of England: A History of the Hvitserk Dynasty of Jorvik AAR by @tpmcinty

Again in alpha order by author always and this leaves out so much. All 4 are well established and I wanted to pull in a new one, but could not in good faith. Gentlemen (and ladies) ...aspire to this. :)

EUIV:

The Third Odyssey - An Elysian Tale by @Crimson Lionheart
The World is our Oyster. Story of Portugal by @hjarg
Italian Ambitions: A Florence AAR by @JerseyGiants88
Pax Americana or Guarantor of Peace as USA (England start 1.26 on VH) by @mackwolfe

Had one finish in the quarter (which should be respected) and again, well established by the others. Quantity is not the name...it is quality. :D (PS - I found them all on page 1 even with looking to the whole quarter!)

Stellaris:

The Third Time Is The Charm - The Many Children of Earth by @Kylia Quilor
Faith in Chaos - A Stellaris Story by @Macavity116
Blessed Sithrandir Confederacy - Arise! (Or Not) by @Nikolai
The Future of the Red Lion by @stnylan

Another that ended during the period and not an easy choice for the rest. Not a game I read much but the work there remains exemplary.

HoI4:

England Lives...and Marches on! - A Kaiserreich Story by @alex man142
The Path of Peace - An Indian Kaiserreich AAR by @SibCDC
From England to America - Mega Campaign Finale by @silentsam5
Long Live the Permament Revolution! - a Trotskyist Soviet AAR. by @ThaHoward

I don't read HoI hardly ever but as I look, these are the ones I wished to highlight. And yet another that finishes. I am making a habit out of this. :)

Vic2:

The Most Sublime Porte - An Ottoman AAR by @Riotkiller
The Age of Brass: A Spanish AAR by @RossN
Empire for Liberty: America in the Long Nineteenth Century by @volksmarschall
The Hohenzollern Empire 5: Rising Phoenix - A Roman Reich Megacampaign in New World Order by @zenphoenix

I swear, I did not mean to choose the top 4 AARs listed on page 1 but that is where they were when I looked. I don't think you can go wrong with any of these so I stand by it.

Other:

Crossfires, a French AAR for HoI2 Doomsday by @AtlanticFriend (HoI2)
Talking Turkey: Alternate History from 1936 by @Bullfilter (HoI3)
The Butterfly Effect: A British AAR by @El Pip (HoI2)
'Odin' and Stalin's Secret Committee by @roverS3 (HoI3)

There is too much to choose here so someone is bound to be left out. These are my picks.

Vote complete! :D

Last edited:
Updated 28 April 2019

CK2
Before Plantagenet – A House d’Anjou AAR
by @JabberJock14
Road of Queens - CKII India AAR by @Eurasia
Rise of the Folkungs, A Nordic AAR by@streaker77

And if I had more votes, I would have also voted for:
Chrobatian Tales by@valentino
At the Edge of the World - A Portugal AAR by @Jokerang

Stellaris
The Future of the Red Lion by@stnylan

EU4
Italian Ambitions: A Florence AAR
by @JerseyGiants88

Other
Inevitable Defeat - Slovakia '44
by @El Pip (HOI3)
American AAR: AI Experiments In HoI3 by @Eurasia
'Odin' and Stalin's Secret Committee by @roverS3 (HOI3)
Der Adler, der Wolf, und die Sonne: Die Geschichte des Stahlpakts by @Wraith11B (HOI3)

And if I had more votes, I would have also voted for:
Crossfires, a French AAR for HoI2 Doomsday by @AtlanticFriend
The Butterfly Effect: A British AAR[/url] by @El Pip (HOI2)​

Last edited:
Placeholder

Last edited:
Last edited:
I'm going to start a new AAR called "Placeholder", guaranteed award winner.

I'm thinking CK2 (obviously, only that and Stellaris are allowed to win any of the weekly awards ;) ) and making it about the adventures of a regent thus justifying the name. :)

I'm going to start a new AAR called "Placeholder", guaranteed award winner.

I'm thinking CK2 (obviously, only that and Stellaris are allowed to win any of the weekly awards ;) ) and making it about the adventures of a regent thus justifying the name. :)

It will be updated on the quarterly schedule, and will be the funniest AAR ever.

It will be updated on the quarterly schedule, and will be the funniest AAR ever.
Except that it is not. Many times not ever. I get a "placeholder" post to perhaps remind ones self that a thread is ongoing, but both here and in the year ends, there were numerous placeholders that were never actually placed. A better bet is to make some few votes if one wishes to do so and them come back to it if/when they can. The post itself is certainly a method to support the project and keeps the thread near the top, but the real wish is to see actual votes. I'm not going to call it a "cheap post" like a +1 or even a mere "congrats" , but in all things, more "meat" might be desired. ;)

Sure, but it does mean the thread appears in my watch list and I see when there are updates. :)

Sure, but it does mean the thread appears in my watch list and I see when there are updates. :)
Thus...
...I get a "placeholder" post to perhaps remind ones self that a thread is ongoing...
:D

It's not as funny as it may seem (though a good comedy could be made about it.) ;) Instead...just vote! :)

I was just following up on @El Pip 's post to keep the joke going, but obviously it didn't convey...

Took me more than a few days, but my ballot is now complete! :) Good luck to all!

I was just following up on @El Pip 's post to keep the joke going, but obviously it didn't convey...
I know you did and it does hold some humor (and yes, it did convey.) I tried to find the humor too but the "placeholder" ends up being "no holder" more often than not. Thus my point - just vote. :D Pretty sure all authors will appreciate it. :cool:

I know you did and it does hold some humor (and yes, it did convey.) I tried to find the humor too but the "placeholder" ends up being "no holder" more often than not. Thus my point - just vote. :D Pretty sure all authors will appreciate it. :cool:

My vote has been completed as well, I just don't always have time during the week and the pop ups keep reminding me to do it!

Placeho...

Only joking. I have learnt from @Wraith11B experience and now know one must announce one's jokes. This requirement perhaps explains the continuing dearth of new comedy AARs?

Other (the important category)

Der Adler, der Wolf, und die Sonne: Die Geschichte des Stahlpakts by @Wraith11B
Crossfires, a French AAR for HoI2 Doomsday by @AtlanticFriend
'Odin' and Stalin's Secret Committee by @roverS3

Crusader Kings II
The Little Dux by @TheButterflyComposer

I've been busy with little time for reading so this is a fairly empty slate, quite a few of the AARs others have voted for are on my 'to read later' list, but later never seems to come.