• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Suggestion for a set of pagan religious requirements for Japanese Imperial:
-Leadership is Temporal
-Nature is Cosmopolitan
-Is either Ryukyuan, Ainu or Muist.
-Benefit from Meritocracy and either Ancestor Veneration, Divine Marriage or Animistic.
-None of the following Doctrines have been selected: Polygamy, Agnatic Clans, Enatic Clans, Bloodthirsty Gods and Seabound.

Since reformed Pagan wouldn't be able to join WoTRS and declare Rising Sun Subjugation, I let them have normal GHWs as an alternative.

To reiterate a very important point: We're not doing this now, and we're quite possibly not doing it ever. While we appreciate the thought, this suggestion or any revision thereupon is pointless since chances are it won't be remembered if we decide that opening up Japanese Imperial (and related mechanics) further is desirable, feasible, and reasonable at some unspecific but distant point in the future.

What is the script that fill in all the blank provinces upon startup in the WIP start dates?

It's a hardcoded vanilla script that handles any counties with an invalid (dead, missing, etc.) holder. We have no control over it, and we can't share it. Also, "WIP" is a rather generous term for those starts at this point, seeing as nearly all work on them so far only has been done as a side-effect of other work (e.g. "I'm already adding fictional placeholders here, and copy-pasting fictional placeholders for the rest of the dates is trivial").

What artifacts are added to the game?

We've added nearly 80 of them (not all of them historical or even mythological) as of 0.1.1, which is far too many to list. You'll have to look them up on your own.

Does the “A Tale of Two Dragon” event pop up whenever a Chinese style Empire is created? I think it should.
Can non-China Chinese empire receive tributes and grant boons?
What is the condition for the various decision to get Chinese stuffs?

Does the “A Tale of Two Dragon” event pop up whenever a Chinese style Empire is created? I think it should.

I think it shows up at all times at present. We might replace/reword the event in the future to better handle cases were there's no China around and maybe certain special cases such as the Mongols settling as Chinese Imperial (assuming we add a special decision for them to do that when we get to the point where that'd be relevant).

Can non-China Chinese empire receive tributes and grant boons?

No, and that's never going to happen, seeing as we both want something special for China to give pretenders more of a reason to go after the Dragon Throne and that it'd require a massive overhaul to the underlying code that'd be very messy and that'd be very likely to severely hurt performance.

What is the condition for the various decision to get Chinese stuffs?

They're somewhat extensive, so go look them up on your own.

How can I obtain Thuan Thien?

You get it (or, rather, the two pieces) through a randomly fired event chain available to characters with certain cultures/religions, alternatively by looting or inheriting it/the pieces from someone that got it before you could. If you find both pieces, you'll either immediately be given the complete sword or be able to take the decision to reforge it, depending on how they were acquired.

The decision to become Samrat Chakravartin somehow did not give me a bloodline.

We've not modified the relevant part of the decision, so it's either a vanilla issue (unlikely), an issue with some other mod you're using that modifies the relevant file, or a consequence of you possibly not having HF active (since vanilla bloodlines require HF).

Are there plans to port Tianxia to CK3?

Not really.

- LumberKing indicated that he'd like for CK2 Tianxia to be finished (or at least for certain big goals to be met) back when CK3 was announced. To my knowledge, this has not changed, and I've not heard anything suggesting he's planning to do anything CK3-related in parallel.

- Back when CK3 was announced, I indicated that I probably would try it and that it was possible that I'd move on to CK3 in that case and thus discontinue my involvement with CK2 Tianxia because working on a mod for a game I'm not playing any longer would be of very limited interest. At the time, LumberKing told me that I'd be welcome to port over Tianxia if I wanted to, which I think still is the case. However, while there are CK3 design choices I think look like pretty big improvements there are other design choices that look unappealing enough (and unmoddable enough) to me that I so far have refrained from getting CK3, and at present I don't really see myself getting it anytime soon, meaning my interest in porting Tianxia to CK3 is basically non-existent as things currently stand. If I should change my mind about CK3, I'd be interested in porting Tianxia, but I lack certain necessary skills (e.g. I'm really bad at graphical stuff, which means expanding the map on my own isn't happening), CK3 currently lacks some important functionality (e.g. there aren't viceroyalties or regencies, which would be pretty big problems for us since the former is very relevant in China and the latter is very relevant in Japan), and it'd be a big undertaking even if those problems weren't a concern due to the script being unfamiliar and different enough that the work wouldn't be the equivalent of copy-pasting what we have in CK2, which might make it unfeasible.

- While I can't say anything about work prior to the latter half of 2017 (as that's when I joined the team) and it's possible someone made significant contributions back then, the people that have contributed since have for the most part not done all that much, and what contributions have been made haven't been made all that recently. It's up to LumberKing to decide whether someone gets permission to port Tianxia, but I'd hazard a guess that a good number of past contributors wouldn't be deemed to have contributed enough to be more likely to get permission than just about any random person, and I'm not sure how much we'd be willing to let any random person reuse for a CK3 mod (and while we couldn't say e.g. "No, you can't add any historical character we've added in Tianxia in a CK3 mod!" (Rule 4) we could say e.g. "No, you can't take our history files and 'translate' them to CK3!" and expect that to be followed (Rule 5)).

• 1Love
Reactions:
Since LumberKing appears to be busy, here's a re-release of the "Open Beta 0.1.1" with a new version number but the same checksum, intended to make it a bit less confusing which version is the most recent one.

This is not a different version from that one, so there are no bugfixes and no additions. However, unlike the 12.0.0 version it should not introduce any new issues, nor should it break (0.1.1) saves.

The next proper release should be Alpha 13.0.0 (no, I don't see a reason to skip that version number; it's a prime and generally a pretty nice number as far as I'm concerned) and should roughly correspond to the version previously referred to as "Open Beta 0.2.0" here (and maybe some surprises). It is still too soon to announce a release date, but a decent amount of work has been done at this point, including things beyond what's been mentioned in dev diaries 44, 45, and 46.

There will probably be a new dev diary next week, which should cover one of the larger additions coming with 13.0.0. Assuming I don't completely forget about it, there should also be some WIP screenshots of the map in the 1127.4.20 start date, which is considerably further along than it was when you last saw it (even if there still are some notable things missing).

Attachments

• TianxiaAlpha12-0-1.zip
    73,8 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:
You said that viceroyalties were very relevant in China, so is there, and will there be, any special mechanics related to them like the Japanese Permanent Regencies?

Other than nearly every duke-tier or king-tier vassal in China normally starting as a viceroy there's nothing special, but the fact that that's the case is kind of a big deal and not being able to have that would be a pretty big step backwards as far as trying to model the situation there goes (even if we of course still need to make some concessions to gameplay, such as actually letting you inherit counties and not reassigning you to a landless position and ending your campaign after a few years).

As for future special mechanics, there are some things I intend to try in the future, but China won't be a focus area again for a very long time (meaning those mechanics aren't going to be a priority anytime soon), the ideas might turn out to be unfeasible (several things have fallen apart due to scripting limitations or other issues in the past), and it's possible they'll simply not turn out to be good ideas even if they're feasible ideas (particularly as we need to ensure that it's reasonably fun to play both as a vassal and as a Chinese Imperial or Confucian Bureaucracy top liege).

A good idea, I would think, is to incorporate viceroyalties into the current Chinese control over state hierarchy, which currently include independence, the various tributary tier and vassalage.
On that note, is making your Client State into vassals any easier?
Also, I think that making the AI likelier to send and accept control (I call it that because I think it should be applied to vassals as well) lowering option when the Suzerain is in a major war would be a good way to reflect historical Chinese breakups.

Other than nearly every duke-tier or king-tier vassal in China normally starting as a viceroy there's nothing special, but the fact that that's the case is kind of a big deal and not being able to have that would be a pretty big step backwards as far as trying to model the situation there goes (even if we of course still need to make some concessions to gameplay, such as actually letting you inherit counties and not reassigning you to a landless position and ending your campaign after a few years).

As for future special mechanics, there are some things I intend to try in the future, but China won't be a focus area again for a very long time (meaning those mechanics aren't going to be a priority anytime soon), the ideas might turn out to be unfeasible (several things have fallen apart due to scripting limitations or other issues in the past), and it's possible they'll simply not turn out to be good ideas even if they're feasible ideas (particularly as we need to ensure that it's reasonably fun to play both as a vassal and as a Chinese Imperial or Confucian Bureaucracy top liege).
What are some mechanics tied to viceroyalties that you are planning?

What are some mechanics tied to viceroyalties that you are planning?

I'm not going to answer that, seeing as it'd easily be seen as a promise, and between the ideas being somewhat vague, not being due to be worked on anytime soon, easily could fall apart due to engine or scripting limitations, and/or might turn out to not be good additions in the end I'd rather not get anyone's hopes up.

Man...all the guys regularly playing this mod must have quite excellent performing pc's. How do you guys get rid of the inevitable lag? Or if there still is lag, you guys can just power through and play?

Man...all the guys regularly playing this mod must have quite excellent performing pc's. How do you guys get rid of the inevitable lag? Or if there still is lag, you guys can just power through and play?
How bad is it and what are your specs if you don't mind sharing?

Tianxia is never going to run as fast as vanilla. We've added about 50 % more provinces on top of vanilla, naturally resulting in a lot more living character at any given moment, which would be a significant performance drain even if we hadn't added anything other than provinces/characters/titles, and we have also added a fairly good chunk of events/decisions/etc. on top of what's in vanilla while removing very little that exists in vanilla (a handful of JD-related things were cut due to not working well with China on the map and, the Marco Polo events are gone due to not making sense, but I think that's it) and in some cases making vanilla content a bit more costly from a performance standpoint out of necessity (e.g. we've extended the Silk Road noticeably, which of course means it costs more performance).

That said, we're trying to keep performance as reasonable as we can, within certain constraints (e.g. we'll not make changes to vanilla in the name of performance, and we'll add even more content related to our part of the map even though that naturally costs performance). If we discover things that are unreasonable performance drains we'll do what we can to improve them. At least one such performance drain has been identified and improved upon internally, but given that we're still adding more things it's hard to say whether the next proper version (which is still some ways off) will have noticeably better, noticeably worse, or roughly equal performance, and further versions after that might of course be slower again.

• 1Like
Reactions: