• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

LumberKing

Philosopher
106 Badges
Dec 16, 2013
www.christianforums.com
  • Rome Gold
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • March of the Eagles
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Magicka 2: Ice, Death and Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
Introduction
Hello and welcome to my second After Action Report or an AAR! With just over a thousand hours of playthrough as well as having written an AAR before, I now feel that I am confident enough to do something a bit impressive. This AAR will star the Carolingian dynasty (in-game Karling) which historically ruled the Frankish Realm from 751 to 800 then the Holy Roman Empire from 800 to 888 until being reduced to a Vermandois Fiefdom surviving to the early 14th century, which of course I intend on extending the last bit as long as possible without disintegrating.

Should I survive the whole ordeal to the end year of Crusader Kings II, this will be exported to Europa Universalis IV where the story will pick up where it left off. As such, the story will end when the dynasty ends.

Rules
I am Emperor (eventually will be), thus above such things!

Goals
Although an AAR first, my intent is to get as much Steam Achievements as possible and as such this game will be in Ironman mode. In terms of what to get, here are the set goals:
Primary
- Seven Centuries
- Holy and Roman
- I Shed Blood of Saxon Men
Secondary
- The Black Bishop
Tertiary
- The Frisian Coast is Long
- I'm Sorry, Desiderata

DEUS VULT!
5e3fde0e-7cb0-4072-a856-b0605d3ccbee_zpsiwmegkdh.png

Contents

Disclaimer
This is a non-interactive AAR. However upon the readers' request with historical justification, an Imperial Council can be established with the views as its members where they can give advisory counsels now and then, turning this AAR into an interactive one (with permission from a moderator). The frequency of the advises and councils will depend on situation at hand as well as the progress of the overall AAR. For a set amount of time, the councillors are to debate and discuss then finally vote until the given deadline. Whether I, the Emperor will follow the verdict will be dependent on the circumstances of the game in progress, especially the level of the Crown Authority in particular. So long as the readers are polite and follow the rules of this forum I am willing to decrease the limitations of the viewers, otherwise expect to be immediately reported to the moderators after a single warning.

Also, do note that this will be a image heavy (in-game screenshots) AAR and as such you may encounter issues especially for those on limited data cap with mobile devices. Another thing, since I am using a free account with Photobucket, there is a bandwidth limit and as such you will come across times where you will be unable to view any images. There is very little I can do about this, and as such, all you can do is wait until the fifteenth of each month for the bandwidth limit to reset.

Last edited:
Sounds great. I hope you can carry on into EU4.

Prologue

Genesis

"My Lord! Your father, the king, has died!"

I looked at the green grass covering field which had been drenched in blood time and time again. With this news, it would repeat the cycle yet again.

"Your brother has arrived at the High Council, where your mother awaits."

Though I knew what was to happen, I had to ask.

"What is to be the decision of the council?"

"Under the laws of our land, you and your brother are to succeed your father as joint sovereigns, like it was when the late king, your father and his brother, your late uncle inherited their father as the Mayor of the Palace."

"The same administrative division?"

"Yes, my Lord."

Once again, turmoil will come to the land of Franks due to our archaic laws of dividing lands for the sake of fairness. I knew my brother was thinking the same thing that for the sake of the realm, there can be only one king: it is either win, or die.

Well, bit of a slow start, though might as well have some buildup to the start.

Also, been lurking on your updates to Imperator Plebeio (Always read it as Plebio :p) as well, and was sad not to see anything since I came back. Nice to see you return.