EU4: Ask your questions to be answered on Stream Monday June 8th (new attempt)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
eu_empe_steam-header (1).png

There seems to have been some sort of issue with the previous thread. Let's give it another try shall we?

Greetings everyone!

Europa Universalis IV: Emperor is just around the corner, and as usual we'd like for you to get as good an overview of what we are releasing as possible beforehand. As such we're having a number of streams in the coming days.

• Today (Thursday 4th of June) at 17:00 CEST we have the first stream featuring Groogy and his Hussite Bohemia!
  • Tomorrow (Friday 5th of June) at 17:00 CEST will see part 2 of the above stream
  • And Monday 8th of June at 17:00 CEST - The Paradox On Air AMA - Johan and Groogy will be answering your questions on Stream. So in preparation of that, please go ahead and start posting your questions in this thread that you would like for these two fine gentlemen to answer for you on air.
Streams can be seen on Twitch or on Steam!

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Greetings,
My main question would be why was Bohemia nerfed (from the MP stream) and the lack of changes to adress the new state of the country in the Emperor patch

In the current version of the game the Hussite faith bonuses are represtented through multiple events https://prnt.sc/stwq75. which were translated to the new Hussite religion bonuses of 10% inf CA nerfed to -5% shock damage recieved.

Lets do a comparision of 1.29. and 1.30 Bohemia
+
Average ruler stats of 15-18
+10% inf CA
++2 tolerence of True Faith
+ temporary opinion penalty with HRE countries
- disabling the Papacy mechanic
- negative 10% AE
- -1 dip rep

- Ruler of stats of 12
- 5% shock dmg reduction + aspects of faith
- permanent opinion penalty with all Catholic countries

Ideas and Goverment
In the Emperor patch Bohemia is encouraged to switch to Hussite religion and thus the starting tradition of 10% Imperial Authority becomes unsusable until Religious League which happens aftr the year 1550. That means Bohemia starts with only one tradition idea for more than 100 years
I would suggest replacing or combining this idea with one of the current ideas

The 2nd idea of Bohemia is called Elective Monarchy so I must ask the question why does Bohemia still start as a Feudal Nobility?
I believe Bohemia should have some form of Elective Monarchy goverment

To summarize the content, I would like the see a revision of Bohemian idea set, Goverment type and unnerf the Hussite religion

• 9Like
Reactions:
If there was one feature you could add to EU4, without being restrained at all by diffficulty of implementation, what would it be, and why?

Last edited:
  • 16Like
Reactions:
What region do you personally find the most entertaining to play in? What - unique mechanics, roleplay, diplomatic/religious/economic/... situation - makes it stand out?

In the Dev Clash, what was the most glorious backstab that you've been part of, either as a stabber or the one being stabbed?

Are there any plans to revisit the American natives?
(I ask because I like the earlygame as Nahuatl, Maya, or Inti a lot, with their unique ways to pass their religious reforms, but don't like the dependency on the Europeans to push the final button. It means that quick reformation is rewarded with longer enforced inactivity, and Portugal/Castille getting wrecked can randomly do the same.)

• 6Like
Reactions:
Any chance we will get a fix for 1.30.1 that allows the player to convert culture in Colonial Nations provinces?

It's the only thing I'm missing in the new update, which overall, it's fantastic.

Your capital is in the New World = you can convert culture in your European provinces
Your capital is in Europe = you CAN'T convert culture in your New World provinces

Thanks.

• 11Like
Reactions:
Since you integrated development into the base game, just like estates, so you could work upon it no longer being locked behind a paywall, can we expect a big rework of it the scope of the estates or mercenary's ones within EU4? Would you like to see pops in EU5?

• 8Like
Reactions:
You've said right at the beginning that the French super powered vassal swarm will be held in check through methods you weren't willing to share

Upon further clarification we didn't really see anything that would be a counterweight to the extremely powerful bonus relation slots

Are you guys satisfied that +3 dip slots is countered by a small absolutism hit? Does everything seem balanced in the single player game when you watch France? Are their drawbacks other than the small absolutism hit?

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say I'm worried France is getting a MASSIVE buff with what appears to be nothing to weaken them at the same time.

• 10Like
Reactions:
  • Johan did a great job with Imperator regarding army logistics/reinforcements. Will we see any kind of improvement for Eu4 in this regard as well? I don't think we'll see such ambitious mechanics like addition of food, i'm just asking for any potential improvement. Maybe really small balance changes such as preventing getting reinforcements when taking attrition etc.
  • Can you guys provide more support for modding? For instance, when you mod institutions there isn't any tool to make AI adapt to it with stopping developing its provinces non-stop. It's hardcoded and a simple line of define is needed. Or if you guys won't improve(fix) reinforcements, having one local reinforcement modifier would be great. There are things like those has been requested for a while some of'em are somewhat necessary, please give more ear to "Suggestions for Improved Moddability" thread.
  • Lastly on that modding topic, will we be able to mod requirements for being able to establish new trade companies? Looking through patch notes, it seems not and that would be awful actually. Hopefully you guys will let us meddle with this new trade companies. I bet there will be lots of players who will be rather discontent with this new overly-free-to-establish trade companies and mods are there for situations like these. Or should be able to be there i'd say.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Will Catholic countries get the event to switch to Orthodox when a Orthodox country Restores the Pentarchy?

Ex: Byzantium completes mission "Restoring the Pentarchy", disables curia and then fires an event to mend the schism similarly to how Catholics are able to "mend the schism" with remaining Orthodox nations converting to Catholic

• 10Like
Reactions:
Q Can you outline to us what your approach to playtesting 1.30 was? Did you have people from outside the 1.30 development team test it (excluding dev clash). Was there playtesting done outside of Europe?

• 12Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
The "Estates General" government reform gives +10% production efficiency, while France's national idea "Estates General" gives +10% tax efficiency, will you fix this literally unplayable inconsistancy?

• 7Haha
  • 5Like
Reactions:
How are Merchant Republics now intended to interact with Trade Companies?

Will they be receiving fixes to the faction system?

How much will one be able to gain from looting/blockading?

Should Trade Wars be reworked to mitigate/nullify the "Defensive War" modifier for determining whether or not allies join said war?

Does anyone there think blockade warscore ticks should tick faster, or that Trade Wars shouldn't take so long?

• 2Like
Reactions:
1) What mechanic was the hardest to balance?

2) What were some mechanics that were initially going to include, but couldn't make the cut.

3) What was a change you guys made to Emperor because of forum/community critique. (Excluding Hegemonies)

4) This DLC mainly focuses on Italy and Germany with noticeable changes to France as well. How faithful do you guys think you have been to the "Brest to Constantinople scope"?

5) In one word; what was legacy of Golden Century on Emperor?

6) What is your least favorite feature of Emperor, if any.

7) Considering you guys are preparing to move on to the next patch/DLC, could you give the community a tease of what is to come?

8) Thank you guys for all the hard work! What is something the community can do to assist you in the development of future patches and DLC?

• 9Like
Reactions:
1) Do you play EU4 in your spare time, when you're not working on it for your job? And, if you do, do you use mods? Which ones?

2) If you were in charge of designing EU5, what would be your vision for it?

• 11Like
Reactions:
What has the Council of the Indies government reform been changed to?

Will colonial nations culture convert again? Does the colonial nation AI understand the culture conversion cost reductions from the Dominican Order and the Native Reductions mission in the Spanish tree?

Are there any plans to represent religious and cultural minorities within provinces?

Are you happy with the trade system after the trade companies overhaul in Emperor? Are there any plans to revisit or overhaul it in the future?

Is losing a hegemony from a zero warscore peace working as designed, especially since (as best I can tell) offering a white peace would "win" you a war, whereas accepting one would "lose" you a war?

Are you happy with the large number of countries, particularly tribes and hordes, that switch to republican government types rather than monarchies?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: