• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
wow, I've read bits and pieces of this (haven't go time to read the whole thing) and this is amazing. You should write an AAR for HOI to sometime soon except with a more positive timeline :rolleyes: . Seriously though, this is amazing writing, you should become a professional writer someday...

GeneralHannible said:
wow, I've read bits and pieces of this (haven't go time to read the whole thing) and this is amazing. You should write an AAR for HOI to sometime soon except with a more positive timeline :rolleyes: . Seriously though, this is amazing writing, you should become a professional writer someday...

I always appreciate feedback even after the story ends, it makes me feel good about my own writing, hehe. I do think the grim tone of the story was part of its charm, since history rarely works out for the best (though usually not for the worst, either). Thanks for reading, sir! :)

I don't actually think that it's that grim a tale. The story itself is pretty depressing, but the actual ending is not exactly spectacularly grim.

My impresson is that was pretty bleak at the end, but things would have slowly gotten better as a sense of normality returned, and relative calm returned.

Mettermrck said:
*collapses wearily* At long last, my work is finished. New and old readers will find that all pictures have been restored for this AAR, too many to count, and many that I've had to remake from scratch. :)
*hugs Mettermrck* This is why Mettermrck is one of the big AAR-writers!

Well done. :)

I wonder if you have considered doing another AAR in purely history-book format?

Mettermrck said:
*collapses wearily* At long last, my work is finished. New and old readers will find that all pictures have been restored for this AAR, too many to count, and many that I've had to remake from scratch. :)
Very cool, Mett! I'm about to have one of those moments myself. Once Fire Warms is done, I plan to finally read this thing the whole way through, instead of in pieces, which is frustrating! :rolleyes:

Rensslaer

Vincent Julien said:
I wonder if you have considered doing another AAR in purely history-book format?

I've thought about it. America is where I'm strongest, so I doubt I could do a huge history-book style AAR in another country. My best bet would be to revive 'American Nation' and continue that. I just couldn't do it while Eagles was progressing.

Vould you include the epilogues in the PDF, it would make it much easier to read for people who weren't in it from the beginning?

GeneralHannibal said:
Vould you include the epilogues in the PDF, it would make it much easier to read for people who weren't in it from the beginning?

I've been trying. :) I'm still searching for that freeware pdf->doc converter which will allow me to convert the 700 pages of pdf pages. :) I can then add the epilogue in and reconvert it to pdf (which OpenOffice allows you to do).

Mettermrck said:
I've been trying. :) I'm still searching for that freeware pdf->doc converter which will allow me to convert the 700 pages of pdf pages. :) I can then add the epilogue in and reconvert it to pdf (which OpenOffice allows you to do).

OK, but can't you do the epilogue just like you did the normal AAR?

Couldn't you convert the epilogue to PDF and then tack it on to the back of the 700 by merging the two documents?

Petrarca said:
Couldn't you convert the epilogue to PDF and then tack it on to the back of the 700 by merging the two documents?

You, sir, are a genius! :) Finished the epilogue.pdf, files merged, less than 20mb. Anyone know a good free hosting site?

Mettermrck said:
You, sir, are a genius! :) Finished the epilogue.pdf, files merged, less than 20mb. Anyone know a good free hosting site?

couldn't you do it where you hosted the original. Also http://rapidshare.de hosts mods but I guess you couldn't host a PDF there.

I just discovered this AAR a few weeks ago, and I just finished it. Bravo!! :D It was an unbelievable read, and the quality and depth of your writing has throughly confused my grasp of history...Long live the 55 states! :rofl:

nitpicking time again: (You must really hate me by now) Why was Charles McNary, a Republican Senator, the 1940 Democratic Vice-Presidential candidate?

btw, I really thought you'd make full use of Barry Goldwater in the epilgoues. You give the impression that his brand of more radical conservatism is generally accepted more widely and earlier as a result of the Landon and Lindbergh Presidencies - Reagan is the Republican candidiate in 1964, for instance. And yet of him, we find narry a word. It would have been interesting to see a Goldwater Presidency in action, to say the least, considering his Libertarian domestic approach and isolationist views on foreign policy. :)