• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

FEEDBACK

Thandros - Sadly the frequent futility of our endeavours is central to the human experience but yes the point is good.

Dauth - Yip, doable sounds right :) Good to hear you've learned a bit from the AAR. I suspect what I actually demonstrate is the power of patience and persistence.

beckdawg - But would you say you've learned a lot about the virtues of planning and weighing up different courses of action?

uat2d - My embassy borders Milan so they'll be last.

anweRU - That's fascinating since I'm definitey thinking of playing the Ottomans when I upgrade to 5.2. I probably have the time for one more really serious game before EU4 and that might be an Otto WC attempt.

Sounds as if the Trade & Tech strategy in this AAR is perfectly valid. I'm thinking the plan has to be a very early invasion of Iberia followed by Holy Warring in Europe like crazy. I guess Nomad bashing should be the Timurids to break through to the BB of India and beyond for when you run out of Europeans. Refining the plan for things like this is why really serious games take me months to play.

Arakhor - I have cats so I know I'm no god :)

homy_dog34 - Concentrate to the bitter end!

Uokko - Not for long, just one of those things, I guess a more successful Ottoman Empire would have finished them but the Ottos never really got going in this game.

Memento Mori - I'm trying to finish!

Chief Ragusa - Most of the 'Quest for independance' events have fired but since they haven't actually caused anything to happen I've ignored them. The Americas are mainly right religion/culture and cored so pretty happy places if I don't let war exhaustion get away from me.

Nephilia - No new AAR before Christmas - I wouldn't have had long enough to play a test game. I actually intend to go and play some V2 Divergences mod then update to 5.2

Taylor - I wasn't paying enough attention to the type of rebels so I only realised the problem after the event - too much going on in RL and the important stuff is getting crowded out :)

Aminti - Very interesting calculations... I hope by now people would trust me to get the diplomacy right :)

beckdawg, vasziljevics & Aminti - Interesting discussion, I've never actually looked into how that stuff works.

sprites - 10 years? might be a bit quicker than that

anweRU - Could be done, for sure, only requires a marginal improvement on what I managed in this AAR. But not by me, I've spent a year working on an England no cheese WC already.

Malurous - Probably very worried tbh

Selenimar & Sarius1997 & EmperorG - Not this game but I would say it can be done

beckdawg - If you're going to do a WC on the basis the women are hot I'd suggest somewhere that does good beer ;)

Nephilia, Silly, Aminti, Malurous, Ricardo Rolo, Chieron - I'm happy that diegoami proved the AI isn't great in these situations but I suspect there would still be an awful lot left as England.

diegoami - Interesting insights there

beckdawg - You probably co want some extra infantry in those assault stacks. However, the problem is likely to be in queuing BB so that you don't run short. I tried to make sure I had 'side wars' to fight that would keep me going but there are several points where I worried about running out of targets and I posted some thoughts about that - essentially you need more than one theatre.

Poulern - Yeah, disappointing lack of post 1800 nailbiting will he make it this time

zwitterion117 - Oh dear I'm concerned you're going to start writing poetry :) No it's a fair point we're deep into a predictable and controlled march through the numbers.

il_loco - Cyprus, yeah nearly as invisible as Crete, no alliances but as Cosmopolitaine they frequently pickup guarantees from Burgundy and France so that's one quiet life.

Selenimar - As far as I'm concerned the Lincolnshire Poacher is a pub on the edge of Nottingham city centre. Used to be good not been in there for quite a while.

Timbernator - That's me, insane shit, you can see why I use nicknames online ;) Thanks!

no7892142 - I save roughly every two months so that's OK but a hard drive problem, yeah well this PC is a bit cranky but I need to buy some other stuff before a new PC.

loki100 - Yeah cats, little f**kers, they killed my girlfriend's laptop a while back but they don't seem interested in my PC.

brifbates - That's pretty much how I see it as well.

beckdawg - Mamluks - land in Alexandria, storm, rebuild morale, storm Cairo, spend the next year defending those two provinces as everything the Mamluks have marches through the area. That's how I've done it since 1.21 :)

anweRU - Looks like EU4 is going to rethink that whole area, it is a bit dull.

Premu & Gruzmog - I know, it doesn't sound like he needs to Westernise to me either :)

diegoami - Thanks!

Fawr - I don't feel the whole magistrates thing works quite as well as Paradox would probably like - it's a bit annoying which is not something that's good for a game.

CHAPTER SIXTY TWO

There are some diplomatic complexities to work around, friendless Bavaria has guaranteed Austria and Austria (allied with the Knights) has guaranteed the Teutons (allied with Castile). Bavaria is DOWed to start 1770 and swiftly overran followed by DOWs on Austria and the Knights in May. I run BB right down before annexing Austria and Bavaria in August 1771. Rhodes has a level 6 fortress that is proving tricky…

15xmu5d.jpg

BB is now 5.25 / 18.00 falling at 3.27 a year.

October 1771 brings DOWs on Brunei and Khmer.

April 1772 sees Khmer and the Knights annexed.

149pi5v.jpg

BB is now 7.00 / 18.00 falling at 3.47 a year.

Gotland is DOWed in August while I wait for a failed assault stack in Brunei to replenish. Both are annexed at the start of October.

fxe6o4.jpg

BB is now 10.26 / 18.00 falling at 3.47 a year

Bohemia is DOWed in November and annexed in December.

2eoitz4.jpg

By April 1773 it’s time for the penultimate set of wars, Castile and the Teutonic Order. In June BB dips under 10 so the last set of wars, Milan and Shawnee start.

By mid July I have 100% victories over all four remaining countries although I’m short on diplomats.

October brings the annexations of Castile, the Shawnee and the Teutonic Order.

5ott88.jpg

BB is 17.20 / 18.00 falling at 3.47 a year as only fully occupied Milan survives.

It’s March 1774 before BB drops low enough to permit the annexation of Milan.

jzcxsz.jpg

BB is 17.75 / 18.00 and the world is conquered.

2gtaxpz.jpg

2eyx1ty.jpg

There are by my reckoning 20 provinces that won’t core before 1821 and as of March 1774 34 provinces still to be converted to Catholicism.

Job done.

Excellent AAR and great job on conquering the world (again), Prawnstar!

Short on diplomats... England taking lessons from some North American tribe ca. couple years back? Nicely done. :)

And so, the noble red tide engulfs the entire world. Congratulations!

I'd say it's more this:

Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed

But that's just me. Though, I suppose that might've been more appropriate ca. 1400, but eh, can't have it all.

Good job with the Red Coats, congratulations :)

(and glad to see that my suspicion you would end it without much trouble was correct)

Odds are that it's quite possible, though difficult and requiring some luck, to do a WC in 1770 and have the whole world cored by 1820 - for England at least, and possibly for others.

Congratz, awesome work.

Now, what for your next challenge? Fully cored, converted and cultured WC? :D

Thanks for the insight Prawn. Also congrats.

Just to further discuss ideas, I think an interesting ploy would be going after universities early. Specifically Salamanca and Beira are two useful targets for whomever you play as. England is a bit easier to take Universities from if you're playing as france with Oxfordshire and Essex. In theory, you could have those all within 15-20 years which would be essentially a second 6* government tech guy. As england it's a bit more difficult. Toulouse is early obtainable but you may want to focus on cores first. Paris is another one which is cored however, you have to isolate it from other french holdings first. I've pretty routinely been able to get to Noble republic around 1454ish and that was before I was paying attention to Universities. You have to dump all your tech into government until about level 9 but it's pretty doable. I'm wondering if I grab Beira and Essex sooner if I might be able to stop at about level 8 and go into land tech sooner.

As for the Alexandria/Cairo ploy, I generally assault them fairly easy and early. It's just finishing the war that becomes the issue. I don't think 100 WS deals in the first war are entirely feasible. It just takes so much time and WE to march down the nile even while assaulting. I'm thinking it would be better to take 3-4ish costal provinces in a first war using the high value provinces to get 80+ WC, 7-8 in a second and finish them off later. I've also considered splitting their land in half at the Red Sea and in theory let the Timmy's or rebels destroy their Arabian holdings for me.

Now release Malta and conquer the English empire. Or at least see what happens with the AI running it.

Well done!

Absolutely fantastic AAR from the undisputed master of EU3 WCs (and almost WCs). :)