• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This time, the price adjustment will come into effect on the 16th of January 2024.

There are also currencies that will see no price changes: USD, EUR, GBP, NOK, PLN, CHF, ILS, AUD, NZD as well as MENA USD and LATAM USD.
So, what happened to the "no price changes" for NOK for titles in active development? Below is the price for Victoria 3. If you are going to make these kinds of announcements, at least get them right.

1712165304094.png

Voice of the people:
1712165567474.png

Melodies of the masses:
1712165617554.png

Reactions:
I will just put here a parable about another greedy publisher (with +- the same audience), who also turned his back on Russian players and put money above people's love.
Spoiler: this didn't help them, but it was the beginning of their slow death.
1712171802802.png

I suggest you learn from the mistakes of your ancestors and double check the mentioned prices benchmark.
If you have even lied about prices adjustments in Norway as @Brynjar writes above, then your behavioral pattern is very similar to SEGA, and I really don't want the same results for you.

How many releases with mostly negative reviews does it take for you to realize that your current financial strategy is wrong?
They mostly write to you there not about the content quality, but about the fact that it does not correspond to the requested price..

Last edited:
If you have even lied about prices adjustments in Norway as @Brynjar writes above, then your behavioral pattern is very similar to SEGA, and I really don't want the same results for you.
I wouldn't necessarily call it a lie. The adjustment only seems to have affected Vic 3, which for some reason released between the price point of CK3 at the time, and the 2023 price adjustment for Vic 3. It seems more like a case of not putting all the cards on the table, which makes this kind of thread seem a bit pointless.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Paradoxu pricing policy is... Inefficient... At least.
If we convert prices in PLN to USD it turnes out that in Poland we pay MORE than in US, even tho avarage salary in Poland is 1/3rd of avarage US salary.
I believe its because all of this shipping costs through ocean...

Same as HoI4's DLCs, Rupiah got 97% devaluation, making its contents twice as expensive now, even the one that came out from two years ago has affected by it.

I pre-ordered this one, by the way: HoI4 No Step Back. And currently i'm holding off to buy Arms Against Tyranny and Battle for the Bosporus because of the price hikes.

price hike rupiah.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
Same as HoI4's DLCs, Rupiah got 97% devaluation, making its contents twice as expensive now, even the one that came out from two years ago has affected by it.

I pre-ordered this one, by the way: HoI4 No Step Back. And currently i'm holding off to buy Arms Against Tyranny and Battle for the Bosporus because of the price hikes.

View attachment 1110846
That is working exactly as intended by Paradox. When the value of the Rupiah drops, it means Paradox gets less money in the currency they pay their expenses with from sales in the currency dropping. As a result they want to increase the price in the currency, in this case Rupiah, to make up for the drop.

That is working exactly as intended by Paradox. When the value of the Rupiah drops, it means Paradox gets less money in the currency they pay their expenses with from sales in the currency dropping. As a result they want to increase the price in the currency, in this case Rupiah, to make up for the drop.
In exchange of making the game and its contents less available for us Indonesians.

I shelved my plans to buy two more DLCs because the price is too high.

Shame because they are good enough that i wanted to buy them in the first place.

I wanted to buy Stellaris, but the price has doubled. Although the developers said that the price will increase by 40-70%. Thank you for your honesty. I will never buy paradox games again.

The developers wanted to make more money, but after the price increase, your income will most likely decrease.

"That's a great plan, Walter. . ."

• 1Like
Reactions:
Although the developers said that the price will increase by 40-70%. Thank you for your honesty.
And they said it honestly.
This time around, we'll see an increase of about 40% to 70% on average or more

40-70% or more, but how much more is not important, maybe 100%, maybe 200%, or maybe even more. It will be as much as they want. Everything is fair.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Besides of the "or more" part there's also the "on average" part...

Reactions:
Okay, I get it. But their income probably won't go up much. Because they've "scared" off some of the potential buyers.

P. S. They can bring back the price, but they won't be able to regain the trust of the majority of players who turned away from Paradox.

Reactions:
Another funny comparison:

Try to guess what a product with ~the same price does a random goy choose?

1) The worst DLC in Stellaris history (based on its reviews)?
1712950748404.png
1712950822585.png

1712951437943.png

2) Or a story-driven RPG with good visuals and an original (still, despite Rusofobia) concept?
1712951573048.png

1712951648431.png

1712951710813.png

RUB diff is ~20%, EUR diff is ~40% (without the discount).

Are you sure that you understand the concept of regional prices correctly? Their idea is to allign prices with other products in a region. But you sell it with the price relatively higher than in your home region.
You should expect that your audience can do such simple analysis, if you develop such games with a lot of metrics.
Just try to understand how it looks for an ordinary person (especially who used to pay 500-700 Rub for your best DLCs expansions) and you will understand that your audience is not toxic, we just want a fair relation to us.

Such actions don't look like a fair relation:
  1. +60% increasing prices for 2 years in a row during a financial crisis peak
  2. Justifying this by currency rate change, which is actually just+10% higher now than 3 years ago
  3. Not putting 2 y.o. DLCs to the most expensive edition and doing that only after the last prices raise, when winter sale is finished
  4. Saying that people who don't like the things listed above are toxic

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: