• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Interesting that population never gets some degree of immunity.
Only leaders can. That's very unfair, hope the devs fix that.
Do the plague resistance perks from the learning track only effect that character or is it also applied to the lands that character rules?
Kinda makes sense your character could also tell other people to wash their hands. XD
I really think Plague Resistance needs to be clarified or better yet separated to distinguish between "Personal Plague Resistance", "Realm Plague Resistance" and "Disease Resistance (Health)"
(Which I'm not sure if it's the same or what's difference with Plague Resistance, CMIIW but from the Wiki description "This means that any health penalties applied to the character are negated by the amount of disease resistance the character has." so I assume this negates the Health Penalty and Plague Resistance reduces the chance of you catching Diseases in the first place?)

CMIIW but here are my points:
  • In the Learning Lifestyle Whole of Body/Medicine Tree, with "Healthy" I assume it would be personal resistance but with "Wash Your Hands" I assume it would apply to your Ream or at least Court
  • In the Martial Lifestyle Overseer Tree, with "Enduring Hardships" I assume it would apply for the Realm (seeing the other bonus is Fort Level and theme of the tree itself is control & stability)
  • With the Overseer & Administrator Lifestyle Traits I assume would make you better at dealing with a plague happening your realm
  • And finally the newly updated "Shy" & "Reclusive" Personality Traits, which I think is self-explanatory that it would only affect you personally
My suggestion is to separate between the the two Plague Resistances to make it clearer where it applies, with "Personal Plague Resistance" and "Realm Plague Resistance" (feel free to come up with a better name, as long as it's easily distinguishable)
I imagine being an "Overseer" or "Administrator" wouldn't guarantee that you'd be naturally resistant against plagues

Also suggestions for Plague Resistance incorporation,
  • The "Scholar" Lifestyle Trait to get a +5 (Realm) Plague Resistance since I think if you're well educated aren't you more likely to be better at dealing with plagues with more educated guesses rather than relying on rituals/wife's tales if you get what I'm saying
  • The "Gregarious" Personality Trait to get a -5 (Personal) Plague Resistance since I think it's the opposite of "Shy"
  • The "Whole of Body" Lifestyle Trait to get a (Personal) Plague Resistance bonus, which I think fits it

Reactions:
I did a mod to eradicate DLC events spam https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3205172555&tscn=1711769073 but I didnt find the file where the game rule flag is explained. Where I can find "bd_occurrence_organic" lines and change it?
More likely to get an answer here:

• 1Like
Reactions:
Are you playing on Linux or Mac? In that case we most likely reduced that bugs' occurrence a lot in the previous release (1.12.3) - if you are still seeing this issue, I would recommend opening a thread in the bug forum with the exact circumstances of your crashes. (which interfaces are open, what you are clicking, where your mouse was moving across)
Playing on Windows 11 PRO 23H2 / build 22631.3374.
All details are part of my Bug report .
If you read my responses to thread, I did everything possible to find solution. My rig is 100% stable in every other game you can name - It started with 1.10 update.
I even made fresh Windows install to new bought SSD drive, with ONLY freshly downloaded CK3 without any mods and anything else installed (except all windows/drivers updates). I run every possible test to check faulty hardware. Memtestx86, SSD drive tests, videocard and CPU stress tests.

As I have HUGE experience after hundreds of CK3 crashes, most of them occur when I click on the button or portrait. I have filters for unmarried courtiers. And when I want to marry multiple of them at once - crash is almost guaranteed.
Same if I play for 20 minutes and open/close ruler window multiple times.

I can upload dozens of recent crashes, but I get the feeling nobody at Paradox cares much because this problem isn't that widespread :(.

Reactions:
I'm wondering if its deliberate or not but, whenever i try to continue my game i always get the "same" loading screen again and again for 2-3 days in row.

not that i would bother but i do... a noble lady in boat with eyes WIDE OPEN.. tbh its creepy. i always felt uncofortable of seeing it. I know in northen kingdoms have had this ritual but still its annoying to get the same exact picture again and again. is there a way to select choose which ones be ignored on random pictures or not? i do like the pictures though, but not this one. :)
Screenshot_78.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
I'm wondering if its deliberate or not but, whenever i try to continue my game i always get the "same" loading screen again and again for 2-3 days in row.

not that i would bother but i do... a noble lady in boat with eyes WIDE OPEN.. tbh its creepy. i always felt uncofortable of seeing it. I know in northen kingdoms have had this ritual but still its annoying to get the same exact picture again and again. is there a way to select choose which ones be ignored on random pictures or not? i do like the pictures though, but not this one. :)
Can't say that it bothers me.
Though would like to see some variation.

Reactions:
Love these changes! I‘m sure they‘ll go quiet a part of the way of making legends more engaging. My favorite is this one:
The capitals of rulers with high level Legends will now become Points of Interest to visit during travel.
This kind of integration between disparate systems is just what we need. I also love that we now newly have temporary travel points of interest which will feel all the more exiting to get to as they constitute unique opportunities and will bring points of interest all over the map, also in areas otherwise lacking in them.

Reactions:

not that i would bother but i do... a noble lady in boat with eyes WIDE OPEN.. tbh its creepy. i always felt uncofortable of seeing it. I know in northen kingdoms have had this ritual but still its annoying to get the same exact picture again and again. is there a way to select choose which ones be ignored on random pictures or not? i do like the pictures though, but not this one. :)View attachment 1110184
Day 4 still the same :D loading screen...

• 2Haha
Reactions:

not that i would bother but i do... a noble lady in boat with eyes WIDE OPEN.. tbh its creepy. i always felt uncofortable of seeing it. I know in northen kingdoms have had this ritual but still its annoying to get the same exact picture again and again. is there a way to select choose which ones be ignored on random pictures or not? i do like the pictures though, but not this one. :)View attachment 1110184

She does look very pretty ^^;

• 1Haha
Reactions:
a noble lady in boat with eyes WIDE OPEN
From a previous thread on this topic (there's more than one):
Here’s Tennyson’s poem, The Lady of Shallot, here’s Waterhouse’s painting, and here’s the DD where a senior illustrator, Pavel Golovii, talks about making that loading screen painting (in the 2nd half of the DD):
Some stanzas from the poem:
By the water stood the queenly
Lady of Shalott.

With a steady stony glance—
Like some bold seer in a trance,
Beholding all his own mischance,
Mute, with a glassy countenance—
She look'd down to Camelot.
It was the closing of the day:
She loos'd the chain, and down she lay;
The broad stream bore her far away,
The Lady of Shalott.
Still as the boathead wound along
The willowy hills and fields among,
They heard her chanting her deathsong,
The Lady of Shalott.

A longdrawn carol, mournful, holy,
She chanted loudly, chanted lowly,
Till her eyes were darken'd wholly,
And her smooth face sharpen'd slowly,
Turn'd to tower'd Camelot:
For ere she reach'd upon the tide
The first house by the water-side,
Singing in her song she died,
The Lady of Shalott.

Under tower and balcony,
By garden wall and gallery,
A pale, pale corpse she floated by,
Deadcold, between the houses high,
Dead into tower'd Camelot.
Knight and burgher, lord and dame,
To the planked wharfage came:
Below the stern they read her name,
The Lady of Shalott.

They cross'd themselves, their stars they blest,
Knight, minstrel, abbot, squire, and guest.
There lay a parchment on her breast,
That puzzled more than all the rest,
The wellfed wits at Camelot.
'The web was woven curiously,
The charm is broken utterly,
Draw near and fear not,—this is I,
The Lady of Shalott.'

Reactions:
Just figured out its the only loading screen with the recent-updated version of CK3... its funny on release theres more than once loading screens and after years it changed to 1 single picture... besides theres a post about it found out lurking in forum here...

• 1Like
Reactions:
Is there a patch this week?

Reactions: