• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PDX-Trinexx

Community Manager
Administrator
Paradox Staff
101 Badges
Jan 31, 2022
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Empire of Sin - Premium Edition
  • March of the Eagles
  • Magicka 2
  • Magicka
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Empire of Sin
  • Stellaris: Federations
Hello everyone! Today we're releasing Update 1.12.4 to address some outstanding issues, as well as implement several changes to Legends and the Legends UI. Most of these changes are the direct result of community feedback we've received here on the forums and elsewhere over the past weeks; your feedback remains an invaluable tool for helping us improve Crusader Kings III, so thank you to everyone who shared their thoughts and suggestions with us since the release of Legends of the Dead!

Update 1.12.4 Changelog

Game Content

• Legend chapters will now change in response to the player's actions: winning a battle, a siege, being released from prison, taking the vows, a deceased spouse, a newborn child, etc.
  • Added more variations to legend titles.
  • You are now alerted when a new legend enters your realm.
  • Winning a Great Holy War now offers a chance to get a Holy Warrior legend seed.
  • Added a Legitimacy modifier to the "Writing History" perk.
  • "Shy" and "Reclusive" characters now have a higher Plague Resistance.
  • The capitals of rulers with high level Legends will now become Points of Interest to visit during travel.
  • Added a player Legend Library, which contains completed legends.
    • Legends in player Libraries will never fade, even if their bonus-giving reach has decayed to zero provinces.
    • Legends you own or were actively promoting are automatically added.
    • Completed legends that reached your domain are automatically added.
    • You can remove legends from your Library at will (beware that you might not be able to get them back!)
    • You can add distant completed Legends to your library if you are traveling in lands that the legend has reached.
    • Your Legend Library persists on inheritance / character switching.

Interface

• Improved legend window interface - completed legends now take up less space.
  • Legend headers are directly clickable.
  • Legend list items now contain more information, such as the protagonist name, and start/completion date.
  • Legend chronicle window has a clearer scrollbar, and a nameplate for the protagonist.
  • Legend chronicle portrait animation is now based on chronicle type, and they are also animated - to remember them as they were in life.
  • Added ‘pan to legend’ button and right-click action for legend list items.
  • In the Legend List, promotion costs for legends you cannot promote are no longer shown.

Bug Fix

• Fixed broken invalid obligations notification.
  • The "Royal Touch" event doesn't give out permanent Measles anymore.
  • Clarified the "Isolationist" cultural tradition to reflect its plague resistance.
  • Legend protagonist portraits no longer show characters in their nightgown, if they had the misfortune of dying while ill (dead protagonists from old savegames might still be in their nighties)
  • Fixed certain UI sounds to match levels from previous versions.
  • Observers get a nicer legend listing.

• 51Like
  • 30Love
Reactions:
First of all, thanks for this change-log, it was necessary and asked by the community. But I think all those features that you added (which are not bug-fixes) could have been added when the release of the DLC. People would have been received the DLC happier than they did in reality.

So, on the one hand, super happy and congratulations, but on the other hand, I can’t stop thinking these features should have been included on the release date, at least the majority of them. Thanks to Dev Team for your efforts!

• 7Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Looks great!

• Fixed certain UI sounds to match levels from previous versions

Cannot wait to try this out, it was really bugging me on headphones.

On a related topic: some players were under the impression that the quality of the music had decreased with 1.12, and somebody said the size of the music files had decreased with 1.12, suggesting that there is some truth to it. So did the music quality stay the same over the past versions or has something changed?

• 4Like
Reactions:
I want to know how the attunement works "organically" in "Black Death circumstances". I started in 1066 and wanted to look at the Black Death a little earlier than the historical scenario, but there is still no Black Death in 1357! When should I expect her? How to provoke? How does this setting actually work?

• 1Like
Reactions:
What about being a Compassionate leader in a large empire realm, being murder for your wallet or risk a stress death?
Every county in my large realm that gets infected, I need to dish out 500 gold or gain a load of stress...

• 2Like
Reactions:
What about being a Compassionate leader in a large empire realm, being murder for your wallet or risk a stress death?
Every county in my large realm that gets infected, I need to dish out 500 gold or gain a load of stress...
Nice guy traits need a buff.

• 3Like
Reactions:
The changes to Legends are actually making me increasingly tempted to buy this now. I like that they're being made more of an organic function of what characters do or did in the game, rather than just a static buff.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Yeah that will get me more motivated, now completed legends are at least stored in players library, thanks for the great work.
Was almost thinking of going back to 1.92 instead of upgrading for minimal gains.

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • Fixed certain UI sounds to match levels from previous versions.
:D:D:D:D:D
I swear I was going crazy. I can't wait to try it!

The rest of the improvements give me back some faith, keep listening to the community, thanks for your work.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Huh, window sounds are really quiet now. That is not back to "previous levels".
Here's a quick comparison:
Well, I hear it the same in my game (updated). Can you try hovering the mouse without clicking on the character's screen over their titles, religion and culture? It's that tititititi that in 5' playing the game was unbearable (and still is). Thanks.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Well, I hear it the same in my game (updated). Can you try hovering the mouse without clicking on the character's screen over their titles, religion and culture? It's that tititititi that in 5' playing the game was unbearable (and still is). Thanks.
Oh yeah! I think they added a limit for how often the sound can be played, it's less spammy now.
Although now it feels a little disconnected, like sounds are getting eaten. Still, far better than constant tktktk.

• 1Love
Reactions: