• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

anbeck

Major
70 Badges
Mar 10, 2021
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II
In CK3, I use the Character Finder for almost everything. It is such a helpful tool because you can customize it to serve whatever purpose you need (as long as you want to find a character, of course). The great thing is that you can add filters and order the list in whichever way you think is useful.

I think Victoria 3 would benefit immensely from a customizable search function like that. You need to analyze a lot of data to make the most of your economy, but it is not always easy to find that data. It could look and work in a similar way as the CK3 character finder (only that it would let you access a much larger set of data):

In the left column there is a drop down menu that allows you to select whatever you are looking for: countries, goods, pops, buildings and so on. Similarly to CK3s "show top realm", you can select whether you want to search for your country or all countries (whenever applicable).

Once you have chosen your basic search item, there are further columns that dynamically adapt to whatever you have chosen. So you can order states by population, buildings by profit, countries by GDP or infamy, and so on.

Then you have some boxes that you can tick: show only profitable buildings, or show only pops under their minimum living standard, or show only incorporated states, etc.

Also, as with the search for names in CK3, you could add custom filters: if I ask the list to show me all profitable coffee plantation buildings in the unincorporated states of my country and then type "guinea" in the search box, it will only show those in Western and Eastern Guinea (or what the name of the states are).

I know that most of this data is probably somewhere in Victoria 3, but having the possibility to access everything in one place would be a massive help.

• 16Like
Reactions:
I have some major issues with accessibility and readability of raw data in Vic3 and this would fix like, all my complaints.

• 1Like
Reactions:
EU4 got ledger filtering quite late, but it's there and it's helpful.

I fully support your suggestions @anbeck, what I miss the most is the filter/sort interface in pops tab.
I'd simply like to filter them (from main population/detailed list tab by state/culture/religion/occupation and sort by count, SoL, etc.)

In V2 was good tabel with informations about POPs
For now, let them at least introduce it in the basic version becouse it is big problem with playability, still we dont have many informations about pops migration, promotions, material status, we have informations about unemploed but we must click thousend times to looking for what we need. For my country informations about unemploed by region, class, nations is critical to plan colonisation and population grow. This is of great importance for the future of my country, the colony in the later game

Finding information easily removes some of the chores from the game and makes it much more fun.

Some of the things I find annoying and which I'd love to be able to find are:
  • provinces ordered by vacant jobs (and ideally some way of finding any buildings these states are building in the construction menu so I can de-prioritize them in the order)
  • the full list of all profitable trades I can setup (without having to look at each good individually)
  • profitable trades (any good, any direction) for a specific country, ordered by profitability
  • provinces near their infrastructure cap
  • provinces going over their infrastructure cap once the building queue is completed
  • countries that would agree to a specific diplomatic pact (with and without obligations)
  • provinces ordered by unemployment (to fix)
  • a list of potential colonial options with details about them (malaria status, population, building potential, region, interest/not interest)

• 3Like
Reactions:
When looking at a list of states, the CK3-like search box should allow to filter states for certain state modifiers. Sometimes I just want to look at states with mining, logging or agriculture throughput modifiers, for instance.

• 1Like
Reactions: