• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Rensslaer: Bah, I've stolen it myself anyway... Regarding the bated breath, I don't know for frogs in general, but it would certainly do for me when I wake up in the morning and smell just like if a rat has died behind my tonsils...
Beurk13.gif

[EDIT]Oh, I forgot something about the location that my girlfriend has just reminded me yesterday. A possible translation of pond in french would be mare (a dew pond in fact). As you may know, in latin mare means sea and mare nostrum was the Mediterranean Sea, which is about 50km from my home. Hence the southern french slang mare or flaque (both translated in pond) to designate the Mediterranean Sea. I hope those boring explanations are enough to satisfy your curiosity? Or should I be a little more verbose ?
shutup.gif
[/EDIT]

Ciçatrix said:
Quite a long suspense, and someone please feed the drummer. :)
Bah, I'm supposed to hold the title for seven days, am I not?
Winner.gif
Oh, never mind... :D

OTOH, the new nominee seems to have difficulties to come on the forum these days, as he recently wrote himself in this very thread. So, I suppose I better lauch you all on his heels ASAP...

Come on, we want a speech now! Hey, d'you hear me? Do not flee! Hey oh! Hiding outside the forum is nasty. Be playful!

Stuyvesant!
No, I can assure you that no one noticed you were the first to post in my AAR. No one will realise. Come on!

Last edited:
Stuyvesant is indeed the very ideal of "the Fan of the Week." Every comment of his is witty, more often than not accurate, well thought out, detailed and damn near always prescient. And the man is somehow able to recollect facts, characters and storylines (no matter how small) from page one of an AAR even if that AAR has reached page 100. It is truly amazing and certainly a credit to the man's intelligence and dedication to be a fan. When one sees a Stuyvesant comment in their AAR, there is reason to smile and say thanks because you know you will get a deep and thoughtful look into your work.

And to top it off, he's a damn nice fellow. It was a pleasure to meet and greet with Stuyvesant during last years AAR get together (even if The Coz was a little under the weather. :rolleyes: )

Congrats on taking Fan honors once again, Stuyvesant. In fact, I will not be surprised to look up in a years time and see that you have won a third...or even fourth. Each and every on is and would be deserved! :D

Congratulations Stuyvesant!, good work :)

Congratulations Stuyvesant, even though I haven't seen you in one of my stories in a very long time. You are seemingly everywhere else, much as Nil has been. Studying, critiquing and generally knowing as much about the story as the authors themselves. A truly dedicated reader and fan who seems to be able to pull out the best in the writers he comments about. Well deserved!

Thank you very much for the honor, Nil, and thanks everyone for the kind words (as an aside: coz1, much as I hate to disappoint you, I don't always have a perfect memory of everything in an AAR. That's when I go back and reread ;)). I'll post something more substantial soon, but right now I need to go and actually earn this award by commenting on some of the stories I've been neglecting the last week. :)

See you around in a little while!

Stuyvesant! Congratulations!

As an avid reader myself, I am always excited to see a Stuyvesant comment, because, as Coz says, it is always likely to be of some great consequence.

(now if I can just convince him to camp out for 4 days and read Fire Warms! :rolleyes: )

Great job, Stuyvesant!

Rensslaer

A Stuyvesant comment is one of the best things any writAAR can hope for! well deserved.

I agree with stnylan. Stuyvesant can be counted on to make intelligent comments. Well most of the time. :D :D Congrats! :cool:

Joe

Many congrats, Stuyvesant!

Congratulations, Stuyvesant! !

Is it Sunday again already?!? Man, that week just flew by! I failed to give Nil the more detailed response I promised and I still haven't been very good about commenting (after a, for my standards, spectacular guilt-ridden outburst last Sunday/Monday). This post will at least correct one of those issues. edit:In a major way. Which isn't necessarily a good thing... :wacko: Please allow me to apologize in advance...

Rennslaer, your comment requires a little specific attention. I would like to, however politely, disagree with you. I realize I do you an injustice by not reading Fire Warms, but I've seen the looming shadow of that opus on the Vicky forum. Have you broken 2,000 posts already? That thing is a monster (which I mean in the nicest possible way, of course :))!!! There is truly NO WAY that I could read it in four days only. I'm guessing two weeks of solitary confinement would do the trick, but unfortunately I don't have that time available. I do realize, based on your Colorado AAR and the general caliber of your comments, that I would be doing myself a favor to read Fire. Consider it on my to-do list (right up there with 'find a bigger apartment' and 'get a pay raise' ;)).

Generally speaking, I would like to thank everyone for their kind comments. Seeing whom they're coming from, I consider myself lucky to read your collective works and/or exchange thoughts on myriad topics, ranging from the historical to the hysterical. :) Should I ever find the time/courage/story to start my own writings here, it's a nice thing to know I could, at the very least, get some courtesy calls (until people realize I didn't write before for good reason :p).

Anyway, this is not the place for me to dwell on my own germinating AAR ideas (I'd like to do a Byzantium AAR. There's only about a hundred of them currently active). This is the time and place for me to nominate the next Fan of the Week. I've spent a fair amount of time pondering whose name to put up. I thought Duke of Wellington would be a good choice. Or Jwolf. Or GhostWriter. Or the old standbys: coz1, stnylan, Draco, Storey even. And then I read the listing in the first post of this thread and realized they'd all been honored already. That's not to say that all of them are not worthy of seconds (or thirds. Or fourths, in the case of Storey), but I prefer to recognize someone new. So, a-trawling I went, through HOI, CK, Victoria and EU forums. Last time round, I nominated Rensslaer because he's active in many different sub-forums. What can I say, I like it when people branch out.

But today, I couldn't immediately find anyone. I guess I tend to fraternize in my own little circle of mostly EU2 posters. I kept looking though, until I got distracted. By a little thing called the AARland 'Advocate'. I realized I'd never read it before, which turned out to be a mighty shame. Fine writing on a variety of relevant forum and game topics and a wonderful layout to boot. I encourage all of you to check it out if you haven't done so yet. Like the Gazette before it, it's one of the nifty 'extras' that make these forums so worthwhile.

All this leads me rather nicely to my nomination for Fan of the Week. In scanning the HOI2 forums, I noticed his name a lot. He has a few AARs under his belt and he leaves comments left and right. And he is, of course, the main force behind the Advocate. Furthermore, he has never been recognized before in this particular thread.

<Drum roll>

My fellow forumites, please extend your congratulations to Singleton Mosby as the latest Fan of the Week!