• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Big congrats, @Midnite Duke. Your feedback is always a highlight.

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Well done as always, @Midnite Duke and every time it is deserved!

Though you did miss the birthday of WOTR this year. ;)

• 2Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
  • 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Congrats my friend! Always a frequent and generous commenter on so many AARs. Hail his Grace @Midnite Duke a very deserved FotW :)

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Thank you everyone again, and especially to @Bullfilter for the nomination!

After looking through the winners' list, I think this award should go to the deserving commenter and author @Midnite Duke. They always provide nice comments on whatever AARs we mutually follow. Congratulations @Midnite Duke!
Thank you very much, @jak7139. To me, the FotW is the most important award, even greater than an ACA or a YAYA, as it signifies that you are giving to the fellow members of the forum.
Congrats to the Duker! Well, done @Midnite Duke !
Congratulations @Midnite Duke !
Congratulations @Midnite Duke!

Well earned!

Rensslaer
Thank You.
Well done @Midnite Duke ! And belated well wishes to @jak7139 !
Big congrats, @Midnite Duke. Your feedback is always a highlight.
Well done as always, @Midnite Duke and every time it is deserved!

Though you did miss the birthday of WOTR this year. ;)
An excellent choice, congratulations indeed @Midnite Duke
Congrats my friend! Always a frequent and generous commenter on so many AARs. Hail his Grace @Midnite Duke a very deserved FotW :)
Thank you! With the exception of @Lord Durham, I think that I have left at least one comment on one of your works. I have either used or plan to use each of you in an Avon episode. Thank you for being so understanding.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
If anyone wants to know my current reading base, you can check out my ballot at the Q1 2024 ACAs. While @Nikolai wrote that balloting would close, he has not officially closed balloting and I wonder what he would say if someone added an extremely late ballot.

Also, there are Can A Shattered World Reunite? by @Reykvolc (new CK2), The Red Heart of Europe - A modded Burgundian (Megacampaign?) AAR by @High Speed Flying Gladius (new CK3), The Sunset from the West - Ireland AAR by @best75 (CK2, had first update since last summer on Sunday), CK2AGOT - Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons by @Thaiga (CK2, I ran out of space) and An Empire on the Brink - A 1337 Byzantium AAR by @Aidanator800 (CK2, space again, can I steal some of my unused Stellaris lines?).

I would also like to highlight Wings of Faith, Wings of Fury - A Slavic Pagan Revival AAR by @Superstorm (CK2) which is near its end, The Dragons Realm, A House Targaryen AAR by @streaker77 (CK2) which have will infrequent updates as @streaker77 graduated and his world is having massive changes and The Nation of the Tagalogs: A Tondo Megacampaign AAR by @Black Watch (EU4). @Black Watch has had a major bad event in his life and needs our thought, prayers and support. Also, he has a troll who is hitting the respectfully disagree on his recent posts. Hopefully the troll got caught up in @Macavity116's tsunami and gets washed over Niagara Falls. If you do not like an AAR, do not read it.

To those that I read and did not mention, please forgive me.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Now it is time for me to pass the golden palm frond that we use to keep our spiritual father, @Lord Durham, refreshed. Usually, I have a good idea of who I want to honor, but this time the first names that I thought of are recent honorees. Then I found a person who has been a member since 2021 with almost 1600 posts but has never won FotW. To keep @El Pip from screaming CK incest (which is a natural part of CK life), I found someone who mainly visits an area (Stellaris) that I rarely journey to (no ACA votes this time). @CBR JGWRR, come pick up the palm frond and keep us cool or hook it up to your spaceship and keep the planet cool. Thank you @CBR JGWRR for your witty comments and insight.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
To keep @El Pip from screaming CK incest (which a natural way of life), I found someone who mainly visits an area (Stellaris) that I rarely journey to
To avoid the second biggest source of forum incest you went straight to the far larger primary source of forum incest?

c164063673c06376b71f1900529005eec817787066405f4de40788c1d2460058.jpg

However such quibbling should not distract from our worthy winner. Congratulations @CBR JGWRR

Last edited:
  • 7Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
If anyone wants to know my current reading base, you can check out my ballot at the Q1 2024 ACAs. While @Nikolai wrote that balloting would close, he has not officially closed balloting and I wonder what he would say if someone added an extremely late ballot.
I went early to bed, but it's getting a tad late. :p Then again I'm away for most of the day today...

• 2Like
Reactions:
Congratulations @CBR JGWRR! A first time winner! I agree -- I know you've been contributing for a long time, in many AARs, and it's past time that you receive this award!

Mind telling us about some of the stories you're following?

Rensslaer

• 2Like
Reactions:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Thank you for the nomination @Midnight Duke. :)

And thank you to everyone offering congratulations.

@El Pip - Well, at least Stellaris manages to avoid incest as a subject matter most of the time, which is better.

@Rensslaer - to be truthful, having been working on Life2.0 for roughly an hour a day and for over a year alongside having ideas for future narratives means I haven't spent as much time reading as I would like, and I'll probably lose more time after tomorrow as the desktop that replaces the now dead-dead laptop - I got ten years out of it, so can't complain really, its just inconvenient - arrives. But that will mean I can do AARs again, rather than only narratives.

But, I am following @Macavity116's The Broken Gates, which is an extremely interesting peek beyond the curtain. Have also been poking a silent head in the lecture hall of @Peter Ebbesen's Galactic Pacification For Dummies, which is quite an interesting and informative read. Ought to read more, but between a full time job I'm having to do overtime on because of real life circumstances, just fitting in updating Life2.0 as regularly as I have been has been tricky at times...

• 3Like
Reactions:
Congratulations @CBR JGWRR for a well deserved nod! Thanks for being a great fan of this place.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Congratulations @CBR JGWRR ! Congrats on your first win!

• 3Like
Reactions: