Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Something that I have seen in other forums using Vbulletin is a 'like' button (and a 'dislike' button is possible AFAIK), so that you can avoid all the '+1' posts spamming up threads. Just in case you guys do upgrade, I thought I'd offer that bit of advice.

Something that I have seen in other forums using Vbulletin is a 'like' button (and a 'dislike' button is possible AFAIK), so that you can avoid all the '+1' posts spamming up threads. Just in case you guys do upgrade, I thought I'd offer that bit of advice.

We've had a taste of that when it was left on by accident after one of the forum upgrades. I don't think it'll return any time soon. ;)

We've had a taste of that when it was left on by accident after one of the forum upgrades. I don't think it'll return any time soon. ;)

I guess I missed that one. I'm part of a much smaller gaming site, and it is a beautiful thing, but the site admin restricts the use of dislike pretty wisely.

Actually you can, well sort of.
As long as you know the forum nick of the developer(s)
On the right side of the thread listing, Where it says the number of "Replies" if you hover over it it will tell you how many posts you have in a thread (for example this will be my 111th post in this thread), however if you click on the actual number it it will list everyones post count in that thread (for example I see Redralph has 199 posts), if you then click on the number of posts to the right of the persons name it will display every post by that person in that thread.
Do that for the Dev whose comments you are interested in and it is pretty much what you requested. Kind of convoluted but an interim solution for those interested.

Thats great, I shall go and try it out!

I also like the word "interim" :)

I just wanted to say a big thank you to everybody at Paradox. You're quickly becoming my favorite game developer and the upcoming stuff for CK II looks amazing. If you stick to this business model (substantial free content released alongside optional/affordable DLC) then you will surely continue to prosper.

Nothing else to add really -- just a big thumbs up from my experience of you thus far, and please make proper Alexander the Great and Dark Ages games in the future. :)

1 - when can we expect more info on MM release/status?
2 - my wife and I plan to visit Sweden in 2025, will the PI Tower be completed by then?

Actually you can, well sort of.
As long as you know the forum nick of the developer(s)
On the right side of the thread listing, Where it says the number of "Replies" if you hover over it it will tell you how many posts you have in a thread (for example this will be my 111th post in this thread), however if you click on the actual number it it will list everyones post count in that thread (for example I see Redralph has 199 posts), if you then click on the number of posts to the right of the persons name it will display every post by that person in that thread.
Do that for the Dev whose comments you are interested in and it is pretty much what you requested. Kind of convoluted but an interim solution for those interested.

This should be added to the FAQ or forum help, been here a long time and this is great info!

How do you feel about the fate that Magna Mundi has met?

Have you ever written a website in C?

Did you try an all-general-bodyguard army?
Works wonders.

Reminds me of only having the most basic military units in Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri until I created a Space Elevator and then it was Anti-Grav Drop Space Marines all the way. Quality over quantity was a military doctrine only reinforced by EU2 and even more so by EU3.

A sequel to Alpha Centauri using the Civilization V engine would be pretty awesome, certainly.

Looking forward to Gods & Kings myself. I think it may even be released on the same day as Sword of Islam. :blush:

Don't you guys think Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri is wayyyy better than the Civilization franchise and should be revived?

I do.

With the three way ownership split, that's probably never going to happen...:(