• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Svip

Unpaid Ulm PR employee
81 Badges
Sep 6, 2009
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • March of the Eagles
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Victoria 2 A House Divided Beta
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • For The Glory
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
And so Ulm is back playing someone who isn't Ulm. And not even a country! What sorcery is this?!

Next chapter
Archive

part01.png

This series will updated every Friday and Tuesday.

Read the Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods developer diaries here!

Last edited:
At last it arrives at my favourite Pdox game! I'll be looking forward to seeing how this develops :)

:)

Ha! I was born in Ulm and the city is still very close to my heart (and close to my current hometown), so it is nice to see someone from Kopenhagen who appreciates it.

Ha! I was born in Ulm and the city is still very close to my heart (and close to my current hometown), so it is nice to see someone from Kopenhagen who appreciates it.

I am giving Ulm the coverage it deserves. And let's not forget, it made me travel to Ulm! Tourism is sky-rocketing because of these comics.

So have it proven itself worthy of all the PR you give to it?

Sure has. It was very lovely. It is not so much a city you go to have fun, but rather one you go to enjoy yourself. It's rather quiet and calm. And relaxing. And you can see most of the city in one day, if you are busy.

So, have you seen the glass pyramid, the lopsided house and the throne attached to the second floor of a building from where the crazed alleged "king of Ulm" holds his speeches on Schwörmontag?

So, have you seen the glass pyramid, the lopsided house and the throne attached to the second floor of a building from where the crazed alleged "king of Ulm" holds his speeches on Schwörmontag?

Dang, I missed that! I am a terrible PR employee! I must visit Ulm again!

Try to visit Ulm on Schwörmontag, the second to last monday in July. It's a special holiday in Ulm to celebrate the constitution of the city, which had been signed in 1397, the "großer Schwörbrief", the "big vowing letter", badly translated.

This way you can not only listen to the king's (who is a rather wealthy goldsmith in real life, but a quite insane one) speech, but can also experience "Nabada", literally translated "taking a bath down there", a festival upon the danube with a lot of creatively built ships, it's like a parade with spectacular wagons, only on the water.

Yay! Have loved all the 'Ulm Plays' updates. This will be great. :laugh:

Looks like this will be a very interesting and informative aar. Like your one about Heart of Darkness. Also I love how you manage to include humor. Will be following this closely!

Looks like this will be a very interesting and informative aar. Like your one about Heart of Darkness. Also I love how you manage to include humor. Will be following this closely!

Yes, but my favoured nationalities, Canadians and Estonians, don't care about them.