Europa Universalis: The Musical announced!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

dasupa1

Paradox Interactive
40 Badges
May 2, 2012
  • War of the Vikings
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Magicka 2
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Paradox Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Impire
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Dungeonland
  • Cities in Motion 2
Musical to Premiere This Fall, Behind the Scenes Footage Released

Paradox Interactive and Paradox Development Studio are rekindling your dreams of leading a global empire with the announcement of a brand new initiative.
Europa Universalis: The Musical will bring the stories behind the games to life through the art of musical theatre and will allow players and musical aficionados alike to conquer the world with music.

The award-winning series that has sold over a million copies and redefined grand strategy gaming for a generation is back, bringing to the stage the same drama, unparalleled depth and unprecedented commitment to history that has made Europa Universalis the legendary franchise it is today.

View the documentary of the making of Europa Universalis: The Musical here:
[video=youtube_share;3H67FQX5ZLE]http://youtu.be/3H67FQX5ZLE[/video]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H67FQX5ZLE

Documentary filmed by Martin Gustafsson at Roth Händle Studio.

“This is something the entire development studio has wanted to do for years, and now we are proud to say that our empire-building series Europa Universalis is coming alive in the way it was truly meant to be,” said Johan Andersson, Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio.
“When history is your backdrop, it evokes strong feelings and a lot of drama. When internationally renowned music producer Matthias Olsson reached out and described his vision for a musical, I truly felt that this was what the series had been missing. Europa Universalis has tension, alliances, betrayals, and a dream of conquering the world that is the perfect setting for a musical.”

DOWNLOAD the first-ever released songs from Europa Universalis: The Musical here:

Empire Borders:
View attachment Empire_Borders_EuropaUniversalisTheMusical.mp3

Casus Belli:
View attachment CasusBelli_EuropaUniversalisTheMusical.mp3

Prestige:
View attachment Prestige _EuropaUniversalisTheMusical.mp3

And here you can find the lyrics & credits:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?679762-Europa-Universalis-The-Musical-Lyrics-amp-Credits

Mattias Olsson, music producer for bands such as Änglagård, Pineforest Crunch, Two Times the Trauma, said to fans, “This is a thought that has been with me since I first started playing Europa Universalis, and my vision has just grown stronger as the game series has evolved. To create a musical where the world is yours for the taking is a huge challenge, but so far the project development has surpassed even my wildest dreams. As far as I know, no one has ever based a musical on a PC game before, and I feel that this will change the course of both game development and musical theater.”

Prepare to join a worldwide community of over half a million players and experience the drama and tension that only the grand stage of history can provide to the sound of music. Following the success of the critically acclaimed Crusader Kings II, Paradox Development Studio is ready to take you to worlds both old and new – each yours for the taking – to the tune of global conquest.

View photos from the making of Europa Universalis: The Musical here:
View attachment EuropaUNiversalis_France&Ulm_stagerehersal_1726.JPGView attachment EuropaUniversalis_MattiasOlsson_Musicproducer_1775.JPGView attachment EuropaUniversalis_StageRehersal_UlmConquers_1625.JPGView attachment EuropaUniversalis_StageRehersal_UlmatWar_1620.JPGView attachment EuropaUniversalis_StageRehersalCasusBelli_1571.JPGView attachment EuropaUniversalis_StageRehersalCasusBelli_1594.JPG

Paradox Development Studio (game developer)
www.paradoxdevelopmentstudio.com

Paradox Interactive (publisher)
www.paradoxplaza.com

Read more:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/EuropaUniversalis
Twitter: http://twitter.com/E_Universalis

Attachments

• Europa Universalis The Musical - Songs.zip
    0 bytes · Views: 628
Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, very good!

As a director, I like this very much. Keep it up!

I almost feel sad, that it's the 1st of April... and that we won't be seeing more of this.

Last edited:
Seriously, it got to have Falalalan! *goes away to watch the video*

EDIT: Sad, no Falalalan, but I saw an uncredited Regina there! Who else from PDS/PI is on the video?

Amazing video :)

Last edited:
Owww, no Falalalan... :(

Still really funny, especially that musical producer guy.