• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Svip

Unpaid Ulm PR employee
81 Badges
Sep 6, 2009
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • March of the Eagles
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Victoria 2 A House Divided Beta
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • For The Glory
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
Table of contents

Notice: This AAR has ended, but you can still enjoy the parts that exist.

Use this site if any of the comics aren't working in this thread.

The press wrote:

"Terrible." (0 out of 5 stars)
- Robert Ebert

"The most offensive thing since Episode III." (4 out of 5 stars)
- Mr Plinkett

"I threw a little up in my mouth." (2 out of 5 stars)
- Pelle fra Ungdomshuset

Introduction

First, a bit of introduction. I have been reading AARs for a decent while - often lurking, though - and always wanted to write an AAR myself. But given the amount of forms of writing, the roleplaying, from the plain simple dump of screenshots to the sophisticate storybuilding and even modifying the game to fit the storytelling. Some serious, some comical.

So where does that allow me to be creative? Well, then it came to me in a dream! I doubt anyone has done an AAR as a comic! And given my success with the Flagland comics, I think such an AAR could easily be a success.

Now, you may start to wonder; 'why Ulm?' And to the critics, I say, 'why not?!' Ulm have become far more powerful in DW due to it become an administrative republic (Frankfurt share this nature, btw), which gives a +10% to trade eff, which means quick bucks.

The goal of this AAR is to build an Ulmite/Ulmish/Ulmian empire of vassals through the usage of spies.

But without further ado, here is Part 1 of the AAR.

part1.png

Enjoy.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Amazing. And I don't use word amazing often. :)

Awesome! :D

Reactions:
I like this, I like this very much.

Excellent! Svippers is on the move!
But I see something weird. According to your registered icons and most of the game screenshots, you are playing DW. Still you have to Treasurers as your advisors - even though DW only allows one of each advisor type. What's going on?

Excellent! Svippers is on the move!
But I see something weird. According to your registered icons and most of the game screenshots, you are playing DW. Still you have to Treasurers as your advisors - even though DW only allows one of each advisor type. What's going on?

That was the hiring screen. Which is why Ulm says 'I like that guy', because while they had no real difference, I choose one of the other. And while it doesn't appear in this comic (for comic reasons!), I hired a master of mint a year later.

That was the hiring screen. Which is why Ulm says 'I like that guy', because while they had no real difference, I choose one of the other. And while it doesn't appear in this comic (for comic reasons!), I hired a master of mint a year later.

God, I'm really tired. I didn't even think of that and completely missed that joke there.

Also, I've been thinking of making a comedy AAR for a long time, but I'm afraid I couldn't keep making jokes and they would get boring after a while.

Very good. Very very good.

hilarious :D i demand an update every 5 minutes ;)

Oh? Got a link? I want to see!

Been years since I've frequented this place and I sure as hell ain't gonna go searching for it.

I remember couple for HoI2. Likely there have been others. Pretty much all concievable AAR styles have been tried out, I for example did one based on modified Monty Python sketches, several on relyricing songs and also used videos. And those were many years ago and only Monty Python one was unique at the time.

wow, I don't say this often but I'm really hooked on this AAR! Has anything like this ever ever been done before in these forums??

Been years since I've frequented this place and I sure as hell ain't gonna go searching for it.

I remember couple for HoI2. Likely there have been others. Pretty much all concievable AAR styles have been tried out, I for example did one based on modified Monty Python sketches, several on relyricing songs and also used videos. And those were many years ago and only Monty Python one was unique at the time.

Hm, I guess. Well, it is not necessary a requirement for me to be unique, but rather unusual. And while the style may not be the first one tried, it's not like when I made the comic, I didn't expect there to be similar comics either.

hilarious :D i demand an update every 5 minutes ;)

I will try to ensure that I keep it updated as often as possible.

wow, I don't say this often but I'm really hooked on this AAR! Has anything like this ever ever been done before in these forums??

Apparent to the guy above you; yes. But that doesn't mean I shouldn't try, should it? Because I ain't going to stop either.

/me puts on monocle.

Status
Not open for further replies.