Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
:rofl: I wasn't going to admit this, but I might as well come clean...

Just after posting that screen-shot, I mis-clicked, in-game. Instead of sending the Scout-ship out on a reciprocal course, as intended, I actually BUZZED the planet, passing closer to it than the Moon is to Earth. Nothing happened. Nobody fired a shot at the ESN Agassiz, and they safely pulled away from the planet and exited the system. They are now in the Groombridge 1618 system, headed off on their next mission.

Surely you meant to say that the great avian leader in all his wisdom deliberately set about to have a closer look, knowing full well in all his wisdom that seal-salami poses no threat.

I would be for subjugation when practical. The nearby systems have enough aliens cluttering them between Charlie, the precursors, and the mysterious oponents of the precursors in the graveyard system. Even if we could get the salami on our side, they'd not be much use, and they'd just make the politics a little more complicated.

Not to mention it would be nice to live fire against something other than an out of fuel missile, and have our turn to be the vill... I mean protectors.

If we seriously intend to conquer these dudes, we should first take over an unoccupied semi-habitable planet in the same system, which gives us a place to build up a large army of ground troops. Also, we would need to research "Drop Pods" and build some Assault Carriers to carry in troops and drop them from orbit. Troop Transport ships... such as the ones we already have built... can only ferry troops from one controlled planet to another. They are useless for opposed landings.

EDIT: Just checked... we are already researching "Drop Pods". It will be done in... ummm... four years or so. But that's at minimum funding (one Lab). I can increase the funding as soon as another project finishes, and have it finished sometime this year. Then there's the matter of designing, retooling, and building an Assault Carrier or three.

I suppose there's really no tearing hurry. These Nicaraguan Seal dudes aren't going anywhere.

Last edited:
Uh no, they are not ...

If you have enough cargo handling systems the troopdrops work relativly fast. And you can drop your troops of and wait till all your troops are there before you initiate combat... I conquered a hostile panet that way. And I think they are neutral to us...

I know, I`ll introduce a scary thought now, but what about we simply let them alone and live happily?

Now, now.

I say conquest and annexation suffice, once we have the means to carry it out. Educate them, and have their best and brightest once they are educated join us in service of the empire, while the plebe on their homeworld as the plebe on Earth toils to both their benefits and ours.

As for slavery, there is but one master they should serve, and it is the same Avian master we all serve already. It is all the slavery that should exist within the empire, and it is in truth no slavery.

Last edited:
As the diplomat on duty, I say peace.

For trade is good to have, and they are speed bumps to other aliens, hostile to us.

And that we have right now, no real means of conquering them. Thus it would distract our manufacturing effort and retooling project we have.

I know, I`ll introduce a scary thought now, but what about we simply let them alone and live happily?

Never! Humanity needs a place under the su... under Kuiper 41! :mad:

Well obviously conquest and annexation is a long-term project, to be carried out when the necessary conditions are present, by which I mean once we have big enough ships with big enough guns and space marine transports in sufficient quantity.

Until then, bah, let them remain isolated.

Continue talks with the Salami.

Once we deal with the Prix, we can decide what to do with these Nicaraguan Seals...

As the diplomat on duty, I say peace.

One point you guys might be overlooking is that these Nicaraguan Seal dudes will likely have MONEY.

We really, really need cash. Seriously. In a big way. We're down under $2000 again, and losing about $25 per day. Do the math. We'll be broke in three months.

If these dudes really are a pre-TN society, then they don't have much to spend their income on, except Financial Centers, which will have given them even more cash. We are more than six years into the game... they might have as much as $100,000 saved up.

I want it.

One point you guys might be overlooking is that these Nicaraguan Seal dudes will likely have MONEY.

We really, really need cash. Seriously. In a big way. We're down under $2000 again, and losing about $25 per day. Do the math. We'll be broke in three months.

If these dudes really are a pre-TN society, then they don't have much to spend their income on, except Financial Centers, which will have given them even more cash. We are more than six years into the game... they might have as much as $100,000 saved up.

I want it.

If we're really in the red once more, may I suggest we put a halt on building new financial centers?

How is our financial research coming along?

If we're really in the red once more, may I suggest we put a halt on building new financial centers?

How is our financial research coming along?

We might have to stop building nearly everything, until we get more money. The +20% income tech will be done by late December of this year (it's now April).

We might have to stop building nearly everything, until we get more money. The +20% income tech will be done by late December of this year (it's now April).

Whoops! I didn't mean a halt on financial centers... I meant a halt on Research Centers so we can concentrate on Financial Centers.

See what happens when I have to get up early? :D

Never! Humanity needs a place under the su... under Kuiper 41! :mad:

A place under the sun
in system Kuiper 4-1
populated by seal
we may have as next meal
ain`t a reason to frown
says BlueAngel von Braun

Then by all means, steal all their money...with TRADE!

Why would we want to spoil a perfectly good planet and useful peop..citiz.. Slaves!?!

Slaves? Then we are asking for trouble in a few hundred years, as they reverse engineer our tech and rebel against us. No no, we are better off removing them :D But with that said, perhaps we can profit a bit on trade with these guys as we slowly tighten the noose and grow in power. How is planetary conquest done in this game?

Slaves? Then we are asking for trouble in a few hundred years, as they reverse engineer our tech and rebel against us. No no, we are better off removing them :D But with that said, perhaps we can profit a bit on trade with these guys as we slowly tighten the noose and grow in power. How is planetary conquest done in this game?

Typically, you either bombard them from orbit (which tends to muck up the ecosystem), or drop on them with Space Marines. Or both.

May 18th, 2031. Money down to $1267, and -$18 per day. Going broke rapidly. Our last Research Lab is building, after which I will switch to Finance Centers again.

Relations with Charlie up over +480. Another 320 to go before he counts as "Friendly".

Rocket-fuel down to 34,000,000 litres, and Sorium reserves down to 2700 tons... 2000 tons of which I have placed in reserve for ship construction. Those Orbital Fuel-Mining Space Stations may come online just in time.

Our expedition to Sigma Draconis has arrived and set up the colony. Now to send some troops to guard it, followed by more of everything... colonists, infrastructure, factories, mines. A Xeno-archeology team headed by Seli is already examining the ruins.