Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm guessing you are talking about CK2. There are two versions: Gamersgate (only available from them) and Steam (from anyone else, such as Steam themselves, Amazon, and the boxed edition).

GG is a game download service not unlike Steam except it has no client, does not update automatically, has no DRM (or DRM-like features, as some people accuse Steam of having). You cannot install while offline. And yes, you can play disconnected from the internet, you can copy it around by USB key or whatever, it still works fine, DLC is available from GG via the in-game store - that of course requires internet connection to buy.

The Steam version will of course install their client and so on, requires you to be online for the installation process, but it does allow play while off-line - indeed you don't even have to have the Steam client running, you can just execute ck2.exe directly and that works fine. You can copy the game around just as with the GG version - the executable is not Steam-ified in any way (unlike, say, EU3 before 5.1).. DLC is available from Steam and too requires a connection to buy and install.

With both versions it is intended that DLC work while offline, although there have been some reports of that not working properly in the current patch.

Since it says almost everythig.......

Please please please, release a game with the scope of EU and the dynastic form of CK, it would be the greatest game yet! (I would love to play a chinese dynasty on ming period, or a Babylonian king on ancien near east)

Note I didn't ask for money :rolleyes:

You cannot play Babylon in EU, as far as I know.

Since it says almost everythig.......

Please please please, release a game with the scope of EU and the dynastic form of CK, it would be the greatest game yet! (I would love to play a chinese dynasty on ming period, or a Babylonian king on ancien near east)

Note I didn't ask for money :rolleyes:

It also says "ask almost anything" - What's your question?

/s

It also says "ask almost anything" - What's your question?

I have one; why is there not a Paradox country in CK2, where the characters are the people at Paradox? Because it would be lame and self-important?

I have one; why is there not a Paradox country in CK2, where the characters are the people at Paradox? Because it would be lame and self-important?

Most of us at PDX can be found in the game - we're just scattered across the map. Can you find us all?

/s

I know a not so secret file that tells a lot about this.;)

For code names, why american presidents?
and not say, Kings of Sweden or Roman Emperors, or Popes or something historical like that that'd match the general theme of your games too?

When will Paradox Games be available on Ipad? The day it is available is the day I get Ipad.

We're making an aggressive push towards tablets (iOS and Android). You can expect our games internal and 3rd party on tablets 2013.

I'd like to point out that I'm not a big fan of straight ports - so don't expect a carbon copy of HOI3 on tablets - rather you'll see games with the same set of depth, complexity and FUN but tailored for tablets/touch input.

/s