Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
He is only good friends with me, and we are not that good friends. I have no idea how he got hired.

Question for developers: How did Shams get hired? Is it plausible you were all drunk on Danish beer?

Danish beer? Do you think the Paradox people are into S&M???:eek:

What are the chances of Paradox including actual battles in their future games, like in the Total War franchise, but with real ai and such?

If Rome 2 turns out awful, you could take everything from CA.

(you can say zero! I'm just curious.)

Last edited:
Hello Paradox. I'd like to know how old a thread has to be before it's considered necro'ing to resurrect it. Because there has been several times where I've seen a thread be 2 weeks to 1 month old, and I've been to afraid to post because I thought it might be necro'ing, while having something worthwhile to add to the conversation. Could you clarify this for me?

Hello Paradox. I'd like to know how old a thread has to be before it's considered necro'ing to resurrect it. Because there has been several times where I've seen a thread be 2 weeks to 1 month old, and I've been to afraid to post because I thought it might be necro'ing, while having something worthwhile to add to the conversation. Could you clarify this for me?

That kind of question can be asked in the forum help sub forum.
I know there has been at least one thread on the subject in there, it may be helpful.

I would just like to say the new "game" picture for the 200K club in the My Games section is very funny. :)

I would just like to say the new "game" picture for the 200K club in the My Games section is very funny. :)

Fantastic! xD

That's awesome, who's that on the portrait?

That's our CEO, I think that was from the Castle event at the last convention.

Have you ever hired anyone from the community?
If so, in which position?
Everyone works on site in Stockholm?
Do you post in the forums when you are looking for candidates?
Given the fact that having such a large and commited community could provide you with not only talented but deeply passionate new employees.

Have you ever hired anyone from the community?
If so, in which position?
Everyone works on site in Stockholm?
Do you post in the forums when you are looking for candidates?
Given the fact that having such a large and commited community could provide you with not only talented but deeply passionate new employees.

I guess you'll get an official answer but AFAIK at least Darkrenown (PDS dev) and ForzaA (not sure what he does but somehow in charge of beta testers at least) are from the community. And they put up job announcements here from time to time.

Lots of employees started as Regular members, also some freelancers, that is on the PDS side, not so much for the publishing.

Were they all modders?

We hired the most famous modder ever back in 2001 in Doomdark.

I've hired King, Darkrenown, Captain Gars, Forzaa, Besuchov, Flori, Bjering, Greven and others from the forum as well.

We hired the most famous modder ever back in 2001 in Doomdark.

I've hired King, Darkrenown, Captain Gars, Forzaa, Besuchov, Flori, Bjering, Greven and others from the forum as well.

I wish every gaming company would do things the way you guys do, the industry would surely benefit from it.

Another question:

Why a Platypus?

Who came up with the logo design?

And what was the reasoning behind it?

Perhaps I have complained unjustly. Please bear in mind than many of us older gamers are bewildered by the vast number of options to buy and ways of doing things that are as easy to understand as breathing to anyone raised in the computer age. 'There is no internet requirement for Paradox games'. If I buy a new one, hard copy, in a store it says on the box that Steam is nencessary. What is Gamersgate? Do I download the game directly from there and then will never need an internet connection to play? Can I download onto a (jumpdrive, memorystick, forget what you call the widgets) then install the game onto my computer that has no internet connection? I would appreciate any information on this. Thank you.